Vladimir V. Panine, MD - Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic - FUE 3,042 Grafts

This 46 year old gentleman had a hair loss pattern similar to a class 5 on the Hamilton Norwood hair loss scale. After establishing his medical history and understanding the progression of his hair loss, I diagnosed his condition as Androgenetic Alopecia (male pattern baldness), ruling out any other possible dermatological or medical conditions which can cause hair loss.

This patient had two main goals that we focused on. First was to rebuild a conservative hairline that would be age appropriate now and as he ages. The second goal was to add as much density as was possible in one procedure to the frontal 1/3 of his head. After discussing all of the options with the patient, he elected to go with a FUE procedure and I planned surgery according to his priorities.

A total of 3,042 grafts were used. The break down was as follows: 1,401 single hair grafts, 1,245 two hair grafts and 396 three hair grafts. I used a significant amount of single hair follicular units which allowed me to create a very natural looking hairline. This action will allow him to comb his hair and style it however he chooses, without anyone detecting that he has had anything done. These are his results 1 year after his procedure. The patient is extremely happy with his result and is planning a second procedure to add more hair to the mid-scalp. I will update his album after his second procedure is completed.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG