1821 Grafts | Dr Tejinder Bhatti | March 23rd, 2015

Hello, everyone.

So I am done with the procedure and can only be happy with the way things were executed with minimal discomfort. The professionalism and politeness of Dr Bhatti and his team cannot be overlooked. I appreciate the deftness with which the whole procedure was carried out.

As the process started, I was given an antibiotic shot and was asked to wait. It was no later that I was called in. Dr Bhatti discussed my goals and drew the hairline which initially I thought was a bit low. However, after giving some thought, I felt satisfied with it. Dr, Bhatti then shaved my head and told me that hairs at the back of my head are pretty thick, that just meant I had a good donor area. I was glad.

Soon I was taken to the surgery room and the operation started. There was nowhere I felt the pain, the anaesthesia shots just felt like little pin pricks. The harvesting was done by the doctor himself and the plantation by his team. I was sleepy by the time plantation started and it was a long process. I think I dozed off for a minute or two several times during the plantation period. The procedure ended at around 6:00 pm.

The post procedure regimen for the first day was explained to me by Dr Bhatti. I was given a cap to wear outdoors and was told to take utmost care of the grafts as they were very delicate and could fall even if I bend or rubbed my head off against something. Wearing the cap was a tough part as it could take the grafts off. I had some plantation done on the side triangles too and every time I wore the cap, it would rub against the grafts. Had to be very careful.

I went to the hotel room and checked the newly created hairline. I was pleased, to say the least! ;)

The next day I was called in for a head wash and the care for next 2 weeks was explained to me. The doctor checked the grafts and I asked him if they are intact. He nodded that no graft was disengaged. A sigh of relief! ;)

Now is the time to be composed and wait 6 months for the real results. I express my gratitude to Dr Bhatti and his entire team for their work.

Thank you for taking out time to read. I hope my posts will be helpful to people considering an HT.

I am uploading some pre-op and post-op pictures from the day of surgery, and in the next post I'll share pictures from the second day post procedure.

Please offer your critique.

Cheers! :)

Graft Count: 1821

Singles: 382

Doubles: 817

Triples: 622

PreHT1.jpg.fbfeb4e45fa3fc778732e35c61d284cb.jpg

PreHT2.jpg.0fa2b6e56d1443017c1faefaf315298a.jpg

PostHT1.jpg.bd0db0bf38e621bda828d58f455490f4.jpg

PostHT2.jpg.69c08efb8039e9b4e62ad6304d309992.jpg

Edited by Hairconscious

Congratulations! Sounds like your experience was as good as mine. You're exactly one month behind me. I'll be keeping my eye out for your updates.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi

im also thinking of using dr bhatti

would you recommend him?

I see good reviews but seen some threads where they say he doesnt out the graphs close enough and leaves big spaces??

Also how much were flights?

Thanks

matt

Hi Matts7989,

I did my research here at HRN and found him good. I too observed some of his work where the follicles were a bit spaced out, but then I thought the person might have a weak donor area.

Having dense hair at the back of my head, I went ahead with him. I asked him what density could be achieved that will blend with my native hair. He told me 55 grafts per cm square, which is considered good. He told me if they go with a greater density, the grafts might not survive as there wouldn't be much oxygen and blood available for them. A 100 grafts per cm square would just mean a failed surgery.

But yes I found the grafts packed a bit sparsely over my head and reached out to him. He told me there are native hairs underneath. Once they grow, it will look satisfactory.

So I cannot really have a say before the transplant matures. Just keeping my fingers crossed for a good result.

I am from India, and Chandigarh was not too far from my place. So about the tickets, you need to ask other guys over here.

to and fro economy tickets would cost you around 1500 dollars, plus stay and food while there may be around 1500 dollars more. My approximate estimation.

I just did a quick search on www.expedia.com for tickets from London (Heathrow airport) to New Delhi (Indira Gandhi International airport). Travelling in May, 2015. I got a round trip (economy) airfare of $638.03 (including taxes). Add another $200 for the flight (30 minute flight) from New Delhi to Chandigarh (where Dr. Bhatti's Clinic is located).

Hotels in Chandigarh, India run around $35 per night. Food would be about $20 per day. So, for a stay of 3 nights, the estimated hotel and food cost would be around $265. The grand "estimated" total that I am getting for travel, lodging and food is $1,103.03

https://www.expedia.com/TripPreferences-Flight?tripid=1d4a37d9-084e-41e5-965d-6d679f22ce56&c=4c136ced-2d0c-46fe-9de4-44ae0606332b

This is for a 3 star hotel with good size rooms, free wifi, good room service, great food etc.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

to and fro economy tickets would cost you around 1500 dollars, plus stay and food while there may be around 1500 dollars more. My approximate estimation.

That's some over-estimate pal, are you a builder or a mechanic?

That's some over-estimate pal, are you a builder or a mechanic?

Neither Shera, I was quoting for airfare from USA. Hotels in Delhi would definitely cost more then quoted, but hotels in Chandigarh might cost less.

Neither Shera, I was quoting for airfare from USA. Hotels in Delhi would definitely cost more then quoted, but hotels in Chandigarh might cost less.

Airfare from the US to India is not too bad. I checked the airfare from JFK to New Delhi with Emirates in May and it was coming around $900.

$790 with Turkish Airlines. Airfares are higher from June till August (when schools close in the US and a big chunk of the Indian origin folks in the US visit India).

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I am just getting a bit anxious about the whole thing now. The hairline, how would it look on being matured, has it been lowered much, would it have looked good if it was a bit high, would the right density be achieved and would it blend nicely. It is like am checking the mirror every minute. I don't know, just getting freaked out lol.

Pls check the image attached, does the hairline look fine? I feel it's a bit straight. Also, The left corner appears to be less rounded than the right.

Am I being too finicky? lol

This thing needs a lot patience!

The image is from the 10th day post procedure.

I'll be at 2 weeks tomorrow. Most of the scabs have been dislodged and a few hair too with them. Hasn't been a bloody affair so I think the roots are safe. I'll post the pictures tomorrow.

A particular area from the donor stings sometimes. There's a bit of swelling too. Might go with time. Am applying aloe vera gel regularly as prescribed.

image.jpg.b179111575b64bf6fc70b3a2fe8d9751.jpg

Hairconscious,

Don't worry...virtually everyone goes through the same process of second-guessing their decision, staring in the mirror 24/7 and stressing about how their results will turn out. I know it's easier said than done but try to take your mind off of it for the time being and wait for your results to grow in. Nothing good can come of obsessing over your hair transplant at this stage.

I went through the same thing with my first procedure. Now that I've just done my third, I'm a pro at just forgetting about it for the next few months.

Having gone to Dr. Bhatti myself, I can say with no doubts that I trust his skill, judgment and motivation. He is fully dedicated to producing the best results possible for each patient and that starts with an appropriate plan.

I'm sure you'll be very happy when your results grow in.

Best of luck to you!

Edited by David - Moderator

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

I am just getting a bit anxious about the whole thing now. The hairline, how would it look on being matured, has it been lowered much, would it have looked good if it was a bit high, would the right density be achieved and would it blend nicely. It is like am checking the mirror every minute. I don't know, just getting freaked out lol.

Pls check the image attached, does the hairline look fine? I feel it's a bit straight. Also, The left corner appears to be less rounded than the right.

Am I being too finicky? lol

This thing needs a lot patience!

The image is from the 10th day post procedure.

I'll be at 2 weeks tomorrow. Most of the scabs have been dislodged and a few hair too with them. Hasn't been a bloody affair so I think the roots are safe. I'll post the pictures tomorrow.

A particular area from the donor stings sometimes. There's a bit of swelling too. Might go with time. Am applying aloe vera gel regularly as prescribed.

Great hairline actually. If all grafts live on you'll have a great result. I'm there myself in 3 weeks

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

So this is how it looks currently. The temples are almost emoty with few thin hair.

Sometimes it feels the hair wouldn't grow but yeah patience is the thing here.

At two months, is it what it should be like? Am I on track?

Ideally when does one start to notice growth?

image.jpg.636044081e54c1663218e4d0581ab7ae.jpg

This look perfectly normal at 2 months. You'll start to notice growth between 3 and 4 months post-op.

Happy growing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there

So am at three months today. There are thin hairs at the transplanted area. I am attaching few pics. I notice some thinning behind the transplanted area. Check the first picture. Is it what they call shock loss? It looks fine in the mirror though, but under lights and in the camera I found these hairs to be sparse.

Overall, how does the progress look so far?

IMG_1234.jpg.b6b3b510d1407274615fff981ebdef23.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg.67a98953d0b4b53c95e941e863651376.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg.30d2af057c32f8892973db51162a07e8.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg.20769d3607f620b23666faed5a13f338.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg.55159c4f38c19205ac074006bea78b95.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg.d8d4e9c622bd6ea423a5dfd9d8c9b2d4.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg.ea6fb2bd39ba7ddc387cb24f92de9e5a.jpg