Dr. Bhatti- 3678 FUE grafts in a single session

Patient: 47 year old

Number of scalp grafts transplanted: 3678

Hair loss pattern: 5

HT Technique used: FUE

Single/one day session.

The "after" pictures are from 1 year post-op.

This Patient has now chosen the same day of the year (as his last HT procedure) to get his crown work done......for good luck!

Best regards,

California

Preop_1.jpg.adeba99558012abd6060ba7a5e40dff8.jpg

Preop_2.jpg.d6b96dcdad34ee6e5fc9873f8f9c5d70.jpg

Preop_3.jpg.ba767003e0dc2ae47151b8928d5730b5.jpg

Preop_4.jpg.6c06ebc1c282987792a6a182d79a0a08.jpg

Preop_5.jpg.01d3884cc97bfaffd13d767213f86983.jpg

Preop_6.jpg.0e2f03e89356cea8f5e5accb4c40bbc7.jpg

Postop_1.jpg.e6bfffdfc62bbd366d69f576857d1c3e.jpg

Postop_2.jpg.a1806e119405bb0865842afaea3e0a44.jpg

Postop_3.jpg.2bdb705c51d9d3d61f857976bb641530.jpg

Postop_4.jpg.0b1fb2588720a2ec81ef26212fc6a753.jpg

Postop_5.jpg.1c953393ee5dcb49540eb909dc4b993b.jpg

Postop_6.jpg.23027f5f6d4f4d09e7d71a0aed8a6fb2.jpg

Postop_7.jpg.8f67b25fde3e4c4e9bc8d0894f4090d6.jpg

Postop_8.jpg.e605ef7b10091623dc1d54d200834e3e.jpg

HT-2_1.jpg.35f16b0945a77f2110319bf3145589a0.jpg

HT-2_2.jpg.4a82426a43b43bef9e580a0927c31696.jpg

HT-2_3.jpg.96ec08f81c8aee9cd3b3c47ea205a502.jpg

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

It looks unnatural because there's a gap between the transplanted hairs and the sides. Why weren't the sides filled in too?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

yea it looks as if a large part of his was missed. doesn't look natural I agree. and with the comb-over its pretty much impossible to gauge how successful it is or isn't as far as graft survivability..

Hi "delancey" and" BUSA",

Thank you for sharing your concerns.

As you very well are aware, hair transplant does not stop balding. This patient represents what happens when with continued balding, the humps start to show due to receding hairlines. This case exemplifies how rapid it can be! If you compare his picture of 1 year before when he came for his first hair transplant, and study it alongside his most recent picture you may get to understand what I mean.

There is a disconnect between his receding hairline constituted by native hair and the planted hair which have grown fully over one year.

This is the reason the patient came in for the second procedure wherein this concern was addressed and the crown area was covered.

Will post his final result after 9 months in October on this thread itself.

His native hair, by then, may have receded more over the lateral humps though!

Hi Dr. Bhatti,

Did you check his donor zone for miniaturization before the HT? I would think that if he lost so much hair on the sides in a relatively short period of time, miniaturization would be very high in the area affected. What is your take on this?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

@ "delancey":

Yes, miniaturisation was there on the lateral humps.

However, the donor area was and still is very strong. He is well endowed in this department!

@"rawkerboi":

He complied with Tab Finasteride 1 mg once a day alongwith 5% Minoxidil for 5 months following the first procedure.

He hasnt got much of native hairs left on top of his scalp. Overall very good result from where he was before his HT. Dr Bhatti how much more grafts has he got left in his donor area? How many grafts are needed to cover his crown. Maybe add more grafts in his side parting?

He hasnt got much of native hairs left on top of his scalp. Overall very good result from where he was before his HT. Dr Bhatti how much more grafts has he got left in his donor area? How many grafts are needed to cover his crown. Maybe add more grafts in his side parting?

Hi "Raj_Jayukdht",

He has undergone a 2526 grafts procedure for his crown area and dropped lateral humps a month back.

He would have another 1000-1200 scalp grafts available for another sitting.

I wonder that looking from front the hairline looks pluggy, not natural!. Does this depend upon the surgeon or the instrument used?. Would more trnasplants here make it look natural?, does this pluggy look go away after a while?.

From side it looks natural except for the gap in the lateral humps.

Dr. Bhatti,

Since you discovered significant miniaturization in his lateral humps during the first surgery, why didn't you transplant in the area to ensure that there wouldn't be a gap between the lateral humps and the top?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates or answers?. I also think that to give naturalness to hairline it needed to be little uneven not a straightline, again just my thought. I am pretty sure there are plant to modify this in future settings sine Dr. Bhatti tells us that the patient has plenty of donor hairs left.

Dr. Bhatti,

Since you discovered significant miniaturization in his lateral humps during the first surgery, why didn't you transplant in the area to ensure that there wouldn't be a gap between the lateral humps and the top?

Thanks!

Hi delancey: Thank you for your concern.

Yes I did cover till the miniaturised hair and did feather into native hair with near natural density. Its only that his balding has now progressed rapidly and the area in the hump regions is visible. We have taken good care of it this time and I do feel his miniaturisation in the hump regions has reached its finality and he should not need any further filling in this region.

Any updates or answers?. I also think that to give naturalness to hairline it needed to be little uneven not a straightline, again just my thought. I am pretty sure there are plant to modify this in future settings sine Dr. Bhatti tells us that the patient has plenty of donor hairs left.

Hi sutureless: His hairline is natural with undulations created by micro and macro irregularities.This was not a concern of the patient at all and he felt the hairline is very natural. I make it a point to place single hairs in the first 2 rows of the hairline.

• 7 months later...