FUE 4394 Grafts - Dr Tejinder Bhatti - India

Niko1

25 Year old - 4394 Graft FUE - 19-20 January with Dr Tejinder Bhatti at Darling Buds Center - Chandigarh, India

Background -

I started to lose my hair in my teens, with early signs of hair loss at the age of 16 and in the following years my hair loss progressed. At 19 years old, naive and uninformed I underwent a 6 months Laser Therapy Treatment at a shady clinic in London which promised to stop my hair loss and provided me with Pills, Lotions, Shampoos and Minoxidil at a very high price. After this treatment course my hair loss continued to progress with thinning at the back, although I still continued using minoxidil - Regaine on a daily basis, while missing the odd Friday and Saturday while out partying.

_Research -

My research into Hair transplants has been an extensive one. I have been educating myself about the procedure and the doctors from sites like this following patients stories, watching talk shows like Spencer Kobrens - The Bold Truth. Now 25, I made the decision to undergo a FUE hair transplant as my hair loss progressed to the point where I was using a ton of hair products like hair fibers + hairspray to cover my hair loss, while also wearing hats on a daily basis. Impressed by results he was achieving and following his work for about 3 years, I chose Dr Tejinder Bhatti, to perform my hair transplant.

Planning -

Contacting the clinic was straight forward I took detailed photos of my doner and bolding areas and provided some basic information regarding my hair loss history and what I was looking to achieve through a hair transplant and messaged Dr Bhatti, quickly replied to me the next day with a proposition of 4000 – 4500 Grafts, which included 500 beard grafts. I didn’t have to think about it twice and made an advanced payment to have my procedure at Darling Buds, scheduled on the 19+20th January 2015. I got a tourist visa from visa24 in London, straight Forward filled a form at their office and they took my photo, and after a 10 days I received it, cost about ?100.

Procedure -

After landing to my hotel I headed to the clinic to discuss my procedure, I was a bit nervous and anxious at first but Dr Bhatti reassured me which set my mind at rest. After discussing my goals, the doctor examined my donar area then grabbed the pen to draw my new hairline, which was as I imagined.

The procedure day started early in the morning, around 7:00. After making the payment and a quick Change of clothes, blood samples are taken and some paperwork is done. The doctor shaved my hair and a head wash was preformed, the hairline was drawn and off to the operating theatre where it began with the numbing of the donar area, which was slightly uncomfortable but bearable, pain level 4/10 plus the nurse taps your head to remove your attention from the injections. Face down on the operating table the extraction began, I was comfortable had no pain at all, kept quiet and let the Dr continue with the extraction process. Dr Bhatti uses the Jim Harris Motorized Safe Scribe to extract the grafts from the donor area. After the grafts were extracted the Dr Bhatti begins to make the recipient incisions where the grafts will go into. After the incision part which was smooth and painless I had short lunch break and then back on the other operation chair where Dr Bhatti’s technicians started the implant process, with Dr Bhatti constantly coming in the room to check everything was good, and it was. This was the end of the transplant day 1. My donor area was wrapped and I was given some medicine to take and instructions to follow then it was back to the hotel. Day 2 was the same……

Day 1 Frontal - 2322 Scalp + 546 Beard

Day 2 Crown - 1526 Scalp

Total Graft Count - 4394

Overview -

Dr Tejinder Bhatti and his technicians were very professional and caring making me feel comfortable at all times while at the clinic especially technicians Shalini, Parneet who were very helpful and informative. The clinic itself was very functional, clean and modern and I was more than satisfied with my experience and overall procedure at Darling Buds. A big thank you to Dr Tejinder Bhatti and staff.

Advice to -

I highly recommend getting a transfer flight to Chandigarh, avoid getting the Bus; I made a big mistake travelling from New Delhi by bus. Dr Bhatti assistant arranged my return trip with their driver who’s a very nice guy. I stayed at Hotel Emerald in Chandigarh, which wasn’t good, stay at the hotels recommended by the clinic. The Night Factory delivered my food to the hotel daily, very good service stick to India Food way better, and do tip generously. Highly recommend getting there early to visit the local hotspots, highly recommend rock garden. I also went to Shimla, which was very good but also a very long drive. Before surgery have a set of questions ready and clarify everything rather than distracting staff and the Dr during surgery. I recommend that you purchase large amounts of Minoxidil in Chandigarh as its very cheap, and pack it in your luggage rather than hand bag. After surgery on your return trip like me you will be extremely nervous going through security, I went through New deli security with no problems, they did not ask me to take my hat off, one guard said hair transplant I smiled and replied and was through. I took cash and didn't mention to security in London and India about the amount I was carrying, no problems. At Heathrow border I waited for all the passengers in my flight to exit flight first and go through security first then proceeded by myself, passed my passport the lady looked at me twice and I mentioned that I have swelling on my face from surgery, and was through. Easy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Niko1,

Congratulations!

Awesome write up. Thank you for sharing your HT journey so far. Your advise to the future Dr. Bhatti Patients is very sound and practical. I wish you all the best. Please do keep sharing.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey KO, I was also suprised and over the moon about my graft count especially with doubles and triples, All thanks to Dr Bhattis skill. In relation to Finasteride, I purchased 6 months supply, than a patient that was having his transplant with dr Bhatti put me off it with his experience on it. Got back home took 1 pill then got a bit drowsy and heavy-eyed, so decided to watched a few videos of Finastride side effects then binned the pills.

Hey KO, I was also suprised and over the moon about my graft count especially with doubles and triples, All thanks to Dr Bhattis skill. In relation to Finasteride, I purchased 6 months supply, than a patient that was having his transplant with dr Bhatti put me off it with his experience on it. Got back home took 1 pill then got a bit drowsy and heavy-eyed, so decided to watched a few videos of Finastride side effects then binned the pills.

Hey, how many more grafts does he think you have? Regarding finasteride, please do not be swayed by these horror stories, the vast majority of guys get no sides from it, and it is very important I your case as you have very aggressive hair loss.

Hey KO, I remember Dr Bhatti mentioned that I may have around 3000 grafts left for a future hair transplant which I know I will need to achieve a overall medium coverage in the back. I also have plenty of hair from chest and beard to add to.. Im currently using minoxidil and biotin 5mg and planning to start taking a supplement from The Belgravia Centre, called Hair Vitalics which combines vitamins A C B, MSM, aloe vera extract, saw palmetto extract, biotin etc.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Balding in Reverse, Im doing fine but was hoping for a better result at this point, I trimmed my hair 3 weeks ago. The hair is growing slower than before but I see a few new hairs just coming out, hoping there is more to come. I have followed the post op care using Minoxidil and Biotin daily, olso started Propecia about 45 days ago and have'nt missed a day. I have been following your journey along with other patients of Dr Bhatti, comparing results. I bet your eager to see noticeable results too. Balding in Reverse, Can I ask what your daily regimen is ? I'm following this Growth Timeline posted by Bill _

3 months - 10%

4 months - 25%

5 months - 40%

6 months - 60%

7 months - 70%

8 months - 75%

9 months - 80%

10 months - 90%

11 months - 95%

12 months - 98%

18 months - 100%

IMG_6938.JPG.8220b46cef8ea35a8779d8bccb968328.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG.67d3d7f2cc1e6b427486ec197ac5fa0f.JPG

IMG_6936.JPG.5070a9e68764b8fb54bf7073e25231a2.JPG

IMG_6931.JPG.f20a60d379f008c030a552fdd43082f9.JPG

IMG_6930.JPG.1447aceda1dcee5c79cdc935ab039a6d.JPG

IMG_6935.JPG.fe521c84e8f64a0fdce3b54feb803b65.JPG

IMG_6940.JPG.2d30a35c486cf8357f4b1e653fd0675c.JPG

IMG_6934.JPG.3e16bb88fbe53cf6284279c1494405f6.JPG

Edited by Niko1

Hey Niko!

First off congratulations on having a hair transplant. Looks excellent, can't wait to see the final results but it looks very promising. Great news that you've got potentially another 3000 grafts too! Lucky man!

Thank you for your write up, I'm surprised at the lack of comments but keep it up because I'm sure your progress is being followed by a lot of people and it really does help guys like me.

My hair loss is pretty similar to yours, I'm 26, and can totally related to using fibers, and eventually a ridiculous amount of fibers as the hair loss got worse. I shaved my head a year ago so don't bother with it anymore, am looking to have a procedure with Dr Bhatti in the near future, will have a consultation with him asap. Problem for me is that I don't have great density in my donor area so may need a lot of body grafts.

I have been on finasteride for 3 years mate, never had a side effect. Don't let the bad things you hear put you off, it can do wonders for you, the bad side effects are rare, if you get anything then just stop. Having a positive frame of mind will help you too. Having said all that, I am no expert, just my opinion.

Anyway, will be following your progress carefully, thanks again for your posts. Keep it up! And best of luck during the growth phase, must be very exciting.

• 5 weeks later...

cueball 16.. Thanks for commenting, your making the right decision in having your procedure with Dr Bhatti, he is very Good. I will keep updating this thread monthly for guys like you, after all I was in your position 6 months ago..

5 months after the procedure I am seeing the transplanted hair improve in texture and length, but as for new hair, I don't see anything starting coming out.. I'm at that point where I keep thinking this is it..? Hope I'm wrong and I'm one of the slow growers.. I have not left my home since the procedure and cant wait to get out.........Any comments on the growth ?

IMG_6980.JPG.267adac2e328c5bce334ed5c24dbaba6.JPG

IMG_6981.JPG.c191e1910ced8030656e15fb3b573e83.JPG

IMG_6982.JPG.338031c7cf443850b7308c5d8ec20a34.JPG

IMG_6983.JPG.6d962857fb702e3dff18e3af8d495449.JPG

IMG_6984.JPG.41f35946089b89281558a9d1cc5a6278.JPG

IMG_6992.JPG.0fead1ec33871c64d4c1c615411adcdd.JPG

IMG_6995.JPG.9ea804e51cee465f5a97bf4f1c9c5249.JPG

IMG_6997.jpg.b4dfb8c4f8af230a62e8c227a2d6c975.jpg

IMG_6998.jpg.0b5e0544a0cadf128d4003146b36319a.jpg

IMG_6999.JPG.fafd0cbaad3e8469ae6f250622ecd089.JPG

Edited by Niko1

cueball 16.. Thanks for commenting, your making the right decision in having your procedure with Dr Bhatti, he is very Good. I will keep updating this thread monthly for guys like you, after all I was in your position 6 months ago..

5 months after the procedure I am seeing the transplanted hair improve in texture and length, but as for new hair, I don't see anything starting coming out.. I'm at that point where I keep thinking this is it..? Hope I'm wrong and I'm one of the slow growers.. I have not left my home since the procedure and cant wait to get out.........Any comments on the growth ?

Hi Niko,

Your hair growth looks pretty good for a 5 month mark. Going by the monthly progress chart (that you have also posted in your previous update), at 5 months, the growth percentage is around 40%. I am sure that more hair is on it's way out. Please keep sharing.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

You should go out and relax, if you uncomfortable you can wear cap.

Well some guys are early grower while some are slow, all I can say is be patient. In coming months you may see growth.

Good luck and keep us updated

Hey Niko. Looking good man - I wouldn't worry if I were you mate, 5 months is still so early. Even the hair that is growing has still got to mature and judging from your post-op pics there are still a lot of hair that hasn't shown up yet. Be patient, you're nearly there!

I've actually had a change in plan - I will have strip surgery with Hasson & Wong first, sort out the hairline and frontal third. Then later on I will have FUE with Dr Bhatti for the crown and filling up mid-scalp. I've made that decision based on the fact that I don't have much donor hair and I have quite severe hair loss so FUE won't get it sorted totally. I think a combination of the 2 will work better for me.

Keep posting mate - looking forward to each monthly update. Have you considered a grade 2 buzz cut? I think that would give you a better idea as to how the growth is going. But that's just all about personal preference.

Keep it up! Good luck! Making good progress so far!