Newbie Transplant Advice Sought

Dolph1969

Hi all,

Just signed up after lurking for a while :o:D so i'm looking a bit of advice, as i'm considering my first transplant.

45 year old \uk based male, with a norwood 3 pattern going on. Family history of slow recession, but at 45, I should be grateful I've some left!

Getting to the stage where i'm fed up looking at pictures/shop windows and wondering where my hair has gone!:o:o:o.

So, I've sent off pictures to a few Drs. Based on research, I've narrowed it down to 3. There seems to be massive disparity in the number of grafts quoted by each Dr, so I'm looking some expert advice from you guys.

1. Dr Saifi, Poland. Seems to get good reviews on the forums, although doesn't seem to transplant with the same density as other surgeons. Quoted 2000 grafts in the hairline/frontal area, based on my photos.

2. Dr Hakan Doganay. Gets good reviews and the pricing is extremely competitive. Very good hairlines/density and the flight to Turkey from the Uk would not be unrealistic.

3. Koray Ergadon. Amazing hairline results (although at 45, i'd probably not go for a very low hairline, as it may look a bit inappropriate ). Quoted 4500 grafts:eek::eek: for the frontal area...which put the pricing up considerably

Seems to be a massive variation in what is quoted in terms of what is required for best results, based on the same pictures I sent the clinics.

All the Drs/clinics I contacted seem very professional and well run. As this is my first time, I want to get it right. Financially, Turkey is offering the best value, although Dr Saifis surgery in Poland is running a close second.

Any advice would be appreciated.

same boat as you mate not a surgeon so cant actually give advice

Ergodan seems to have best hairlines imp.....but he is super expensive!!!

good luck

super expensive? compared to who?

His prices seem reasonable compared to UK prices. I'm just wondering why there is such a massive range in graft quotes, based on the same pictures. :confused:

I have attached a pic showing the frontal area and dr korays notes.

PCLink_20150311_006.jpg.fa9bbeff553e2401dcfae941d0596e2d.jpg

Erdogan is nuts. 4.5k?

That's what I was thinking. I'm not doubting his expertise, as his results look awesome, but from looking at forum pics, I've seen norwood 5/6 types being given virtually full heads of hair with 4500 grafts. :confused::confused:

Do these clinics revise your graft estimate, once they have examined you in the flesh, or do they charge you, based on your original quote?

Also, i'm not sure about lowering the hairline too much. To give a better example, I've three fingers width, from the point of my brow, to the front of my existing hairline.

All advice taken on board.....

I would cast a wider net as your case is so straightforward. Have you looked at the euro guys? Guys like you are Feriduni's bread and butter.

Is he in Belgium? It's mainly going to be hairline work, with maybe a few in the crown area.

It's trying to calculate cost as well, which is difficult when you're getting such diverse quotations regarding grafts.

I would cast a wider net as your case is so straightforward. Have you looked at the euro guys? Guys like you are Feriduni's bread and butter.

Is he in Belgium? It's mainly going to be hairline work, with maybe a few in the crown area.

It's trying to calculate cost as well, which is difficult when you're getting such diverse quotations regarding grafts.

• 4 months later...

Have narrowed my choice down to Demirsoy in Turkey, or Saifi in Poland. It's a really hard choice. I really like the work of both the surgeons. Demirsoy is coming in best price wise, but i'm wondering is Istanbul safe to travel to at the moment, or am I being paranoid??:confused:

Definitely going fue, as I wear my hair short.