hey guys im new here and need some advice and have some questions?

im considering fue procedure

im a norwood 2 with dense hair that is finely textured

i have always had a high hairline

these are the questions i have:

who is the best fue surgeon when it comes to density?

am considering dr bhatti from india or dr erdogan from turkey .

i reside in southern africa and our currency is so weak so usa and europe are out of the question!

I like to wear my hair short on the sides how short can i go after surgery ?

is turkey safe to travel to with this whole isis issue ?

any advice or reccomendation will help

i have attached photos

i apologise for not having a shirt on but i stay in africa and it is f***ing hot

the last picture is how i wear my hair day to day and how i would like to continue wearing it

thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this

regards :D

WIN_20150317_125244.jpg.acac0225b91cb7746b84c31e720bab49.jpg

WIN_20150317_125253.jpg.950b1702edcfa459a60da971f7b10a54.jpg

WIN_20150317_125303.jpg.821d320338cb042610df8ffe8e0ff639.jpg

WIN_20150317_125335.jpg.790b7c4c6427d2d14480bfb4c299fcee.jpg

WIN_20150305_150044.jpg.ce0d8505dd66509b14aa160141e7074c.jpg

Good that you are on Fin according to your profile.

Your donor hair qualities seem similar to this patient:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176399-dr-koray-erdogan-4008-grafts-fue.html

and with that in mind you need to be realistic with hairline placement and density. I'd say you are more NW3 and should aim for a hairline like in the above result (noting he had more hair loss).

It's generally accepted that you should be able to go to a grade 2 after FUE. It depends on the number of grafts, how well you heal (scarring) and whether the doctor screws up by not spacing the extractions widely enough.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

thanks for the reply guys ..

i must add my hairline has always been this way !

funny thing is dr tejinder bhatti says 2000 grafts

and erdogan 3800!!

sent them same consultation pics.why erdogan so many?

anyway ill maybe hold out a year and reconsider.

Hello vern777.

I would go with Erdoğan over bhatti but thats just my preference .

One thing I must admit about Erdoğan is the graft numbers a lot of the time seem excessively high when compared to other estimates which is evident again here.

Future loss in younger patients should be one of the most important considerations when planning,hair line position,density, and graft numbers used and donor availability in any ht should revolve around the possibility of future loss.

Any planning that does not incorporate each of these considerations is asking for problems.

Have a good day

My hairline is similar to yours. I think a hair transplant is a personal choice. Although at NW 3 you have a lot of hair, a more youthful hairline will frame the face better.

3800 is a ridiculous number of grafts. Erdogan uses waaaaayyyy too many grafts and he probably plans to transplant your whole front third, which is unwise at the moment given you have plenty hair there.

I think 1800 would be a good number for you. Check out Dr Maras aswel, he does good hairlines.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

3800 is an absurd amount of grafts,,,way too many grafts for ur degree of hairloss. At ur age, I personally would wait. U still have tons of thick hair, the receding temples look great on u and as u hit your 30ies the higher corners look real good in my opinion. I would hold off. See how ur hairloss progresses over the next few years and reasses then.

I say walk away. My best friend had a hairline just like you in his 20's and now in his 30's and he looks good. There is a chance a HT could look unnatural and that is the last thing you want. I would say wait a year or so and see if you are still thinking about it. Definitely don't rush. Take your time to research lots of these threads. I personally hope you decide not to risk it. Your hair looks good.

thanks guys for the advice !!

i have decided that although i dont have a gq hairline i still have a good amount of hair and im going to wait a year ...would hate to have a solid hairline that looks unnatural ...its so tempting tho...

not to mention the price !!!:-0

i have been on fin for a few months now

no side affects ..thank god!!

i guess its always a gamble with hormone altering drugs there are just not enough long term studies which i must admit do scare me a bit .

but like i said no sides thus far. will deffo stop if i get any . shave my head start working out seven days a week and get a mean tan lol

Good call dude.

HT will always be a option for you in the future & really should be your last option after Meds.

There are many people who's been on fin for 10/20 yrs without any problems & served them well by holding on to what they have left & who knows what the future brings to MPB maybe somebody will pull a rabbit from the A-hole & fix this issue once & for all.

I wish you well.

i have been on fin for a few months now

no side affects ..thank god!!

i guess its always a gamble with hormone altering drugs there are just not enough long term studies which i must admit do scare me a bit .

but like i said no sides thus far. will deffo stop if i get any . shave my head start working out seven days a week and get a mean tan lol

There is one 10 year study from Italy, Google for it.

Good that you are on Fin according to your profile.

Your donor hair qualities seem similar to this patient:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176399-dr-koray-erdogan-4008-grafts-fue.html

and with that in mind you need to be realistic with hairline placement and density. I'd say you are more NW3 and should aim for a hairline like in the above result (noting he had more hair loss).

It's generally accepted that you should be able to go to a grade 2 after FUE. It depends on the number of grafts, how well you heal (scarring) and whether the doctor screws up by not spacing the extractions widely enough.

I have noooo idea how you would relate his loss or quality to that patient and he could in fact expect far better results from Dr. E, for some reason you picked one of his worst results.Not only has he done better work with the same NWs, that NW pattern and loss is nowhere similar to the OPs

thanks for the reply guys ..

i must add my hairline has always been this way !

funny thing is dr tejinder bhatti says 2000 grafts

and erdogan 3800!!

sent them same consultation pics.why erdogan so many?

anyway ill maybe hold out a year and reconsider.

Dr. Erdogan tends to go for Home Runs which I believe is the right approach. Naturally you have to take into account your age, future loss and donor area but at a certain point going for thin and illusion of density is (IMHO) a waste of time and money. If your future loss/donor support a 3800 graft procedure I think Dr. E would get you an awesome result.

I have noooo idea how you would relate his loss or quality to that patient and he could in fact expect far better results from Dr. E, for some reason you picked one of his worst results.Not only has he done better work with the same NWs, that NW pattern and loss is nowhere similar to the OPs

Just because one patient gets amazing results this does not mean everyone will get the same, why would anyone base their decision on only the good results?! Makes no sense at all.

I picked that example because the single most important factor is the quality and quantity of someone's donor area. I consider the poster and the example to have similar looking donor areas, i.e. fine, average density which looks poorer on the sides than on the back.

He also appears to have a similar hair loss pattern (front to back), therefore the example gives a reasonable idea of lifetime donor supply (7,000 grafts) versus what might be a reasonable density and hairline placement that can be achieved.

Just because one patient gets amazing results this does not mean everyone will get the same, why would anyone base their decision on only the good results?! Makes no sense at all.

I picked that example because the single most important factor is the quality and quantity of someone's donor area. I consider the poster and the example to have similar looking donor areas, i.e. fine, average density which looks poorer on the sides than on the back.

He also appears to have a similar hair loss pattern (front to back), therefore the example gives a reasonable idea of lifetime donor supply (7,000 grafts) versus what might be a reasonable density and hairline placement that can be achieved.

Got it, I didn't realize you were comparing their donor areas sorry.

Got it, I didn't realize you were comparing their donor areas sorry.

no worries!