FUE / 2500 Grafts / Dr. Slusher Orlando, FL

YoshiYo

Hi guys, I've been lurking this site before my HT and after so I thought I'd share my 7 day progress and experience so far for others to view. 38 yr old male btw.

On 3/6/15, I had the Neograft procedure with Dr. Slusher in Orlando at the Bassin Center. 2500 Grafts.

I'm on day 7 now and am having the typical nerve pains from the donor area. My face seemed to swell more than most people reported (and is still swollen) and my grafts itch like all hell but I've been spraying them with saline and trying with all my might not to touch them!

Today I can finally wash my hair with regularity (no more cup and baby shampoo) and a lot of scabs have already come off in the shower.

I should add, my cost was $11,500. Dr. Slusher supervised the procedure but didn't do much other than the planning and the before/after procedure discussion. I'm not sure if that is normal or not but I did feel the nurse doing the procedure was very good and has a lot of experience.

As I respect all of your professional and non-professional opinions, please feel free to comment or make any suggestions. Thanks!

5b32e50f9bb55_Beforetop.jpg.8402a87f55d6228e212ceea35c5efbf5.jpg

5b32e50faaeda_Beforeback.jpg.4ff750d56ee0e4031ec909acbc7eb9dd.jpg

5b32e50fb850d_HTtop2.jpg.91bec96ce0cc2794e5ad91a5d2976424.jpg

5b32e50fcd7b1_HTtop.jpg.d9be5859e9a304bfe6828a9a2898e3d5.jpg

5b32e50fdfc26_Day1back.jpg.6eaa9dc8353eb091f3af6fb9f55a6e96.jpg

5b32e51007891_Day1top.jpg.66fda912810ae75e6cfdc9e8fbcbe5d4.jpg

5b32e51014202_Day2back.jpg.25dab14632aba152fb5275a3abed9c89.jpg

5b32e51020a54_Day2top.jpg.1737c5d2ebf12baa404d73d2ab2d418a.jpg

5b32e51032259_Day3top.jpg.17cf579c2fe7172640800f0fdeaf1000.jpg

5b32e510474bc_Day3donor.jpg.bce7468b5a0f23deec767753f4fdd8b3.jpg

5b32e5106786d_Day4back.jpg.4631966f9d7b070d36ee6e77df3e700f.jpg

5b32e51083416_Day4top.jpg.12a1b6dbb8be3aac65d7c4ae77483b29.jpg

5b32e51096a48_Day5back.jpg.4e9d38598451e65b3baef963fa510e1e.jpg

5b32e510ab039_Day5top.jpg.4a5aa51c76669f79f4e1242e8a140135.jpg

5b32e510be702_Day6back.jpg.13548a4bcd87c0b73ae6b685f6343b03.jpg

5b32e510d24d1_Day6top.jpg.116022cc197f1a3abde5f51c175ac66a.jpg

5b32e511bf4b3_Day6donor.jpg.a6a2bd6839573d3de9e65488cdb233d7.jpg

5b32e511d0201_Day7top.jpg.3261bfa5f8f451782cfc6f2531c947c8.jpg

Edited by YoshiYo
adding context

Hey Man, I hope you heal well. i think you would need another procedure too to boost your density. 2500 grafts wont be enough for covering your front and back. you can use some concealers like toppik etc to cover up your density if hairline is established. good luck.

In general utilizing this site for research prior as to opposed to after your procedure is more useful. Regardless, I hope you get the result that you are expecting and if down the road you are considering another procedure and or clinic, spend some considerable time here first to learn as much as possible about your options.

Thanks for your input guys. I think I paid a higher price tag for the central Florida area but unfortunately didn't find very many providers in the area but of course now I see that it may be best to travel for this procedure. Hopefully it works out....

I started propecia (proscar) a few days ago so hopefully I'll get some extra density from my existing hair to compliment the HT.

I'm on day 12 now and I noticed hairs coming out now so I guess I'm healing pretty fast. All scabs came off on day 7 and 8. There is a little redness under the office fluorescent lights at work but most people think I just shaved my head.

I'm a little anxious about the coverage from the last 2 comments. They told me I had a lot of 4, 5, and even 6 hair grafts so hopefully that "amazing donor hair" will help thicken it up. I never expected 100% density but I just hope it doesn't look patchy. Well, I have many many months to wait and see now. In the mean time, I' on Propecia and Monoxidil so hopefully that'll help :S Anxiously waiting...

good news is that regardless of the density you can buzz low and still have a better framing of the face than pre-op

plus you can always add density in round 2 and 3

most HT patients go for round 2 and 3 eventually

so....

happy growing

• 4 weeks later...

I'm two days from my 6 week post op day so I wanted to do a follow up. I'm still getting redness in the transplant area and some soreness in the donor area, however, nothing major. Lots of small hairs are still holding on; I can feel more than I can see but I'm sort of surprised they haven't fallen out with the others yet.

I found that using concealer (aka makeup) that matches my skin tone on the hairline helps hide the redness when at work. The redness looks the worst at work because it's a new building with brand new fluorescent light bulbs. Outside of work, the redness isn't that noticeable and so I don't mind going out without cover (other than being bald still).

I've been on 1/day 1.25mg finestricide (sp?) and 2/day monoxidil for the past month or so and plan to continue that indefinitely. I also am using Nizoral shampoo twice a week. The rest of the time I use Argan Oil shampoo (Pura d'or Hair) and conditioner.

Thanks for any comments otherwise, this is an FYI for people considering the procedure.

5b32e5bb7662f_ExtractionSite.jpg.fd4da19bf47132fea15d306ca755d33b.jpg

5b32e5bb90b33_6weeks.jpg.dfa1ec63d1e6258a1fc8781b649cebe6.jpg

4/5/6 hair grafts?

Happy growing

I don't know the count. THey said I had a lot of 5 and 6 and even 7 grafts but I have a feeling they tell everyone that. I do have extremely thick hair in the donor area so I don't doubt it.

Edited by YoshiYo

YoshiYo,

I have to agree with HairWeare....the benefit of this site is for people to use it as a research tool in order to help them make the best possible decision on who they choose....not afterward. However, from what you stated and knowing personally who these folks are, consider yourself another of the numerous patients in this industry who's surgery is totally performed by a technician, while the Doctor only pats you on the shoulder to see how you're doing. Florida state law requires a licensed medical doctor to cut into skin....while harvesting and making the receptive sites where grafts are placed. Technicians should separate and place grafts. MORESO WHEN YOU'VE INVESTED A GREAT DEAL OF HARD EARNED MONEY....but are treated solely by a technician instead of a doctor. I ask myself what the doctor was doing while the tech was performing the entire surgery?

In addition, if ron (the salesman) told you he got his result from FUE....don't believe him. His hair was done at MHR where I first met him as a patient. He puts his before and after pictures on the website to impress patients about the Neograft but it's pretty unethical considering 95% of his result was done by other doctors when he worked at MHR.

Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade....but honesty and facts rule! This being said, I pray you obtain great results.

Edited by GreatPelo

I appreciate that GreatPelo. Ron actually did several "red flag" things that made me take a step back. He threw the "guaranteed in writing" phrase around which, of course, I never received. I guess time will tell whether this was worth it or not. I feel for sure I overpaid but if I get some decent results I'll feel better about it. I do like Dr. Slusher but just wished he actually did the procedure.

• 1 month later...

Hi, today is my 3-month Post-Op anniversary and I'm getting some very sudden changes so wanted to give an update. My hair is noticeably thickening, especially in the middle area where I had the least transplants done.

To recap, I started Finestricide & Minoxidil 2 weeks after my HT. I'm also taking 10,000mg of Biotin each day and alternating Nizoral shampoo twice a week.

My head has been itchy the past week, especially, and my hair feels dryer than usual... I have at time cut back on the Minoxidil thinking that was increasing itchiness and dryness. I also had two ingrown hairs on my scalp the past few days which I resolved with a warm damp washcloth several times a day.

To illustrate the huge change I'm referring to, check out the April 22nd picture. These others are from June 1st.

IMG_5690.jpg.b64490786230dcb2c58daefec0f9601c.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg.ebaa3ecbc8302b3ad97434c59c52a20d.jpg

5b32e6813bfaa_April22nd2015.jpg.dccf69037140df37147b76cd11bab21f.jpg

In general utilizing this site for research prior as to opposed to after your procedure is more useful. Regardless, I hope you get the result that you are expecting and if down the road you are considering another procedure and or clinic, spend some considerable time here first to learn as much as possible about your options.

Well said!!!!

I don't know the count. THey said I had a lot of 5 and 6 and even 7 grafts but I have a feeling they tell everyone that. I do have extremely thick hair in the donor area so I don't doubt it.

I need to bring this back up sorry just need to verify things..

The Doc said you had 5.6.7 hair what grafts?

If so i hear the other day a Pt who had some 5 hair folicals but very rare seen.

So I'm a bit miffed of what he really was telling you.

I guess the first 6 mths is stressful as hell..

Just try & relax, maybe hit the gym & take your mind off things.

Things will get better for you.

The Doc said you had 5.6.7 hair what grafts?

If so i hear the other day a Pt who had some 5 hair folicals but very rare seen.

So I'm a bit miffed of what he really was telling you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairweare View Post

Well said!!!!

Best wishes.

The first 2 months were bad because of the redness. I have been working out, eating real food, and living life; not focusing on my hair.

I am thinking it's a mistake to post "updates" on this website the way I have been judging by the responses. I think I missed the focus here; I thought it would be helpful to people doing research prior to a HT but it seems like it makes me sound like I'm flipping out or maybe I'm complicating the information. I do appreciate everyone's support, of course. I'll post a 1 or 2 year conclusion for the "review" of Dr. Slusher and 'll save the updates for family and friends going forward.

Thanks everyone for your responses and well wishes.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Today is 4 months exactly since my FUE procedure and the results are outstanding so far. People are commenting on how great it looks and other men with thinning hair are asking what I did. I still have a lot of growth to go so I am, finally, really excited and pleased. Money well spent.

I do monoxidil only once a day because it makes my scalp itchy and dry. Now that I have hair, I use argon oil after I wash it to soften it up. Finestricide, of course, once a day. I rotate shampoo and conditioners throughout the week including once or twice a week Nizoral shampoo. I think it's best to only shampoo your hair every other day of you can stand it (I usually can't).

I'll update again in another month or two, depending on changes. Good luck!

IMG_20150626_085411.jpg.e71ce41f1c8acfd3fe8425818d0096ac.jpg

Today is 4 months exactly since my FUE procedure and the results are outstanding so far. People are commenting on how great it looks and other men with thinning hair are asking what I did. I still have a lot of growth to go so I am, finally, really excited and pleased. Money well spent.

I do monoxidil only once a day because it makes my scalp itchy and dry. Now that I have hair, I use argon oil after I wash it to soften it up. Finestricide, of course, once a day. I rotate shampoo and conditioners throughout the week including once or twice a week Nizoral shampoo. I think it's best to only shampoo your hair every other day of you can stand it (I usually can't).

I'll update again in another month or two, depending on changes. Good luck!

Looking good, man.

:)