Dr. Tejinder Bhatti: 2412 FUE on February 23, 2015

@David : Given you have gone through quite a few transplants!, would you recommend anyone in your shoes to consider FUT over FUE?. Just curious, if you had good choice for FUE few years ago would you have gone with FUE rather than FUT?

Thanks.

My Thread: 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@David : Given you have gone through quite a few transplants!, would you recommend anyone in your shoes to consider FUT over FUE?. Just curious, if you had good choice for FUE few years ago would you have gone with FUE rather than FUT?

Thanks.

That's a tough question. I certainly would have considered FUE six years ago when I had my first transplant if I was as confident in the procedure as I am today and it was reasonably affordable. However, I was never much concerned about the strip scar because my intention was always to be able to wear longer hair. The appeal of FUE for me was knowing that I could potentially get away with a short buzz in the future if I wanted or needed to. I'm a fan of keeping my options open.

Having now had FUE, I can appreciate the shorter recovery time. No one enjoys the week of sutures/staples and the time it takes for the scar to fully heal.

After my second procedure, my scalp was pretty snug and I just couldn't see myself going through the scalp stretching exercises. Also, I knew I was lucky to have such a thin scar after two strips and didn't want to push my luck with a third so I knew that if I ever pursued a third transplant it would be FUE.

In my opinion, for guys with higher Norwood classes who are not concerned about the scar, starting with strip and finishing with FUE is a great plan.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 5 weeks later...

May 23 marked 3 months since my FUE with Dr. Bhatti. Here are my pics. I have to say that I'm very pleased with how things are going so far. As you can see, many of the grafts never shed and just continued to grow.

I've buzzed my hair a couple of times since the surgery with a #4. The last time was about a week ago.

Still got some pimples on top and a few in the donor area.

I'm very excited about all the changes to come!

5b32e66348d19_FrontMonth3.jpg.1fd45a42573752594404f843692b20f1.jpg

5b32e663596f7_RightMonth3.jpg.eb5d90882122c120c70e2580ed83be7f.jpg

5b32e66369134_LeftMonth3.jpg.5d248d8f908c84a7968265bf8abf5451.jpg

5b32e6638a2eb_TopMonth3.jpg.21bc89bb8b1e4ec1f321fe1a55874805.jpg

5b32e663adeca_Back3Month3.jpg.85cfab94714b9f996ff961b867a0175a.jpg

5b32e663cabfe_Back2Month3.jpg.7515ba68eda02f29adf909af6cae5fbb.jpg

5b32e663d9687_Back1Month3.jpg.74999fe8c5a29691d217c676a940ae6e.jpg

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

I'm already seeing a significant jump from your nine week pictures until now - it's very evident visually if you compare side by side. At this rate, you'll be over the month charting progress going forward.

Congrats!

Hi David,

Looking really good! Thanks for sharing your updates. Very happy for you. The best part is that this (3 months post-op) is just the beginning.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Are you going to grow it long again? :)

I'd love to be able to pull off long hair again. I don't know that I'll have the density for it. I also have to admit that I've become accustomed to the wash and go hairstyle.

In my dreams I still have long hair! :)

I don't think I have the density either but my plan was always to actually look like an aging 65 year old rocker.

I'll let you all decide if I look 65. :P

11046029_10205018684685741_674732493_o.jpg.1473bcc064db608bf522a9b095433c90.jpg

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You look great Vox! You really pull the look off well.

I cut my hair short at age 25 and have not had long hair since. It's rough getting through the in-between stage and I tend to get frustrated and just cut it all off. Especially since my hair got so thin.

Even after all these years with short, thinning hair, I see myself as a long-haired guy. I'd love to give it a go again. When this hair transplant matures I definitely plan to play around with my options.

Hi David, you're looking good to go after 3 months. If I compare your pics to mine at that stage they are very similar in terms of growth.

I think you will now start making the big gains., say goodbye to baldness now whilst there is still time!

Dr Bhatti FUE 3305 Grafts Oct 2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

• 4 weeks later...

So I hit the 4 month mark this week and things are going very well in my opinion. Given that a number of the grafts didn't shed after my procedure and just kept growing, my new hairline has already reframed my face nicely. I've been able to go out in public without a hat for the past couple of weeks.

I can see short hairs in the crown and top and I'm looking forward to watching it all fill in over the coming months.

I've been plagued by a lot of ingrown hairs throughout the donor area but they finally seem to be calming down. Only a few pimples in the recipient area and none in the past couple of weeks.

I have not trimmed my hair for the past month but I may go for my first professional haircut in almost a year in the next week or so.

Front.jpg.994caf47c67abc46e8660e90e6f0ef73.jpg

5b32e6e07a6d4_RightHairline.jpg.8bc4a506e91a2fdcec7db00f23d3664c.jpg

5b32e6e0afc0a_RightHairline2.jpg.eeab567a25039c90fa05858ca83b6fb5.jpg

5b32e6e0c678d_LeftHairline.jpg.587c366d7e918557689efca055768a14.jpg

5b32e6e0db0cb_LeftHairline2.jpg.794481d4fdcda7dcdc2d938b7183802c.jpg

Top.jpg.e808016a3adfe3cc934b56e093402445.jpg

Crown.jpg.771251c95c2be7661a9f8fe36119d854.jpg

Back.jpg.58cde91aeb2116c61433cdac87a1a77b.jpg

Hi David,

Looking good! Very happy for you."First professional haircut in almost a year" sounds like fun:)

Will be eagerly looking forward to your updated in the coming months. You are the "HRN Rockstar" and I am sure that a lot of members are following your progress.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I'm very pleased at this stage and very optimistic. Exciting times!

We will understand now that you are well on your way to a completely different space in time that you'd ignore the board and move on with your life like so many others have...ha

P.S. - ditch the hat completely - I can't see any need for one whatsoever at this point. I've read all of your stories back from the beginning. Looking great.

So I hit the 4 month mark this week and things are going very well in my opinion. Given that a number of the grafts didn't shed after my procedure and just kept growing, my new hairline has already reframed my face nicely. I've been able to go out in public without a hat for the past couple of weeks.

I can see short hairs in the crown and top and I'm looking forward to watching it all fill in over the coming months.

I've been plagued by a lot of ingrown hairs throughout the donor area but they finally seem to be calming down. Only a few pimples in the recipient area and none in the past couple of weeks.

I have not trimmed my hair for the past month but I may go for my first professional haircut in almost a year in the next week or so.

Wow, the hairline is looking real good. I must admit, I was initially skeptical of the hairline in the post-op pics. Good stuff!!!