Dr. Tejinder Bhatti: 2412 FUE on February 23, 2015

Congrats David, looks good! I must say that I am impressed with your strip scar from two surgeries. Not bad at all... All the best of luck with this round.

Thanks Aaron! I certainly can't complain. Aside from Dr. Alexander's great skill in closing the wounds, I was probably very lucky to have started off with quite a loose scalp. I lost the hair lottery and won the scar lottery :)

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't get these to load in my Hair Restoration Website. Might need to reformat them or something. Anyway, I took these yesterday at 11 days to document healing. Looking good so far.

About 4 to 5 days after surgery, the donor area began to itch and feel a bit irritated. Much like a sunburned feeling. Dr. Bhatti told me to expect the itching. As of today, most of the discomfort is gone.

IMG_5032.jpg.8ef6297378d5b12ba6a954e54f5b421f.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg.215bc1ddbe8c57f5a414e5b15ccc0183.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg.a4110be9e7cd50efdf4c9b1d1cf814cf.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg.fe38e29aca59ff98185a0aa531a06a4b.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg.798e3c4c85209147fd9764c576d70803.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg.7372f2e19f56fe114aa9310922f4ca81.jpg

Edited by David - Moderator

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Looks good. What are your thoughts on taking meds for only 6 months? Wouldn't you end up losing what you gained?

Dr. Bhatti recommends the finasteride for 6 months to strengthen the permanent hair during the growth phase. You're right that any additional growth I might get would be lost. I'm considering going back to it permanently if I don't suffer any side effects.

The last time I was quartering a 5mg tablet. Right now I've got a 6 month supply of 1mg pills that I brought back from India. I've started with .5mg daily and will probably try to up that to 1mg soon.

Congrats on your recent surgery David and for the excellent documentation and photos. Healing all looks great and I look forward to following your progress. As others have mentioned the scar also healed very well from your previous surgeries and with your colouring I don't suppose it was an issue for you?

Edited by David - Moderator

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Dr Bhatti is fantastic, I have had two HT with him, both times the trip ran like clock work, I am now at 18 months and my hair is looking so much better, when I get time i will return for a final top up.... go to my page and you can see my journey.

Edited by Sethticles

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

I guess Fin in India is pretty cheap right?

Which brand you got, is it Cipla Finpecia 1MG?

Yes, I got Finpecia 1mg. I twas very affordable for a 1mg tablet. I didn't make note of the price but it was cheap. Not as cheap as buying generic 5mg and quartering it but it's nice not to have to cut the pill.

Congrats on your recent surgery David and for the excellent documentation and photos. Healing all looks great and I look forward to following your progress. As others have mentioned the scar also healed very well from your previous surgeries and with your colouring I don't suppose it was an issue for you?

Thanks! The scar has not been much of an issue for me. The shortest I've had my hair cut is with a #3 guard and it's somewhat detectable at that length more due to the direction of hair growth I think. At a #4 it's well-hidden.

Still, the temptation to FUE it and try for a shorter do is there.

Dr Bhatti is fantastic, I have had two HT with him, both times the trip ran like clock work, I am now at 18 months and my hair is looking so much better, when I get time i will return for a final top up.... go to my page and you can see my journey.

Looking good Seth!

Congrats David and a very good read.

Where you [ out of it ] due to the tiredness from traveling or medication or was it due to both.

I presume the procedure was so long due to the unusually tough skin dr bhattti mentioned.

I have just had a 4300 fue with a dr that we for some reason at the moment are not allowed to name and it lasted about 8 hours but i may have babie soft skin i dont know.

It should make for a very good improvement for you and hopefully you obtain 100% graft survival and growth.

I look forward to following this as it progresses.

Good luck to you and have a nice day

Congrats David and a very good read.

Where you [ out of it ] due to the tiredness from traveling or medication or was it due to both.

I presume the procedure was so long due to the unusually tough skin dr bhattti mentioned.

I have just had a 4300 fue with a dr that we for some reason at the moment are not allowed to name and it lasted about 8 hours but i may have babie soft skin i dont know.

It should make for a very good improvement for you and hopefully you obtain 100% graft survival and growth.

I look forward to following this as it progresses.

Good luck to you and have a nice day

Thanks! I'm sure it was a combination of things. I don't think I slept as much through the procedure as I did in my previous 2 surgeries but a lot form that day is a blur.

• 3 weeks later...

Last Monday I hit the one month post-op mark. To date I've had some itching in the donor area that comes and hoes. I'm pleased with how it's healed and the a lot of the redness has gone.

I am now applying 5% Rogaine Foam twice daily and taking 0.5mg finasteride once daily.

These photos were taken one month and four days after surgery.

IMG_5081.jpg.a4d46a54754a8ed17a6779afa7b6d705.jpg

IMG_5088.jpg.56f15367ddd4fcd505618a61fef6eeb5.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg.3db8a15e296069170bd49f0834d4469b.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg.1e22034dd0e2951df066e625a798ca2f.jpg

Thanks haircut and Raj! I'm definitely a lot more mellow this time around than I was during my first two transplants. I don't find myself drifting toward the mirror every few minutes but I'm still excited and looking forward to the next few months.

Next update at month two!

well done David on the write up and your latest HT. Good luck with all the hair to come, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress............Paddy.

Thanks Paddy!

Hi would you really recommend him?

What was the cost as im looking for 1800 fue grafts

thanks

matt,

I would most certainly recommend that you add Dr. Bhatti to your list if you're considering FUE. Dr. Bhatti's rates are posted right on his website.

Premium package:

1. INR 99 for scalp grafts and INR 179 for body grafts.
  2. 85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling , 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting,100% slit making)
  3. New imported Harris punch used
  4. No lab charges/ Post care kit charges
  5. Free pick and drop while in Chandigarh
  6. No extra fee for “no shave” technique (ideal for those needing lesser than 2000 scalp grafts)

Standard package:

1. INR 89 for scalp grafts and INR 169 for body grafts.
  2. 85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling, 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting,100% slit making)
  3. Used Harris punch (however it is sterilised as other instruments also are)
  4. Post- procedure care kit cost and standard lab test charges – INR 5600
  5. Car pick up and drop in Chandigarh @ INR 27 per Km
  6. “No shave” technique : INR 20,000 shall be charged extra

*International credit cards are charged a surcharge of 2.5 % by Indian Banks. *14.5% service tax extra (applicable to hair transplants since September 2009) *Payments by cheques/ checks are NOT accepted (traveler’s cheques/checks are accepted except Canadian traveler’s checks).

Hi thanks for the reply

i cant figure out how to calculuate the costs on his page

im looking for 1800 fue grafts in euros?

Also how much was flights if you remember theh dont sound cheap lol

thanks

Hi Matts7989,

I can help you out with calculating the costs.

1 Euro= INR 66 (Indian Rupees)

So, for 1800 FUE, going with the Standard Package, the cost would be:

1800x INR 89= INR 160,200

Plus 12.36% service tax. Grand total of INR 180,000

Which would be equal to 2727 Euros.

I am not sure about the flight costs from the UK but from the US, they run around $1200 (USD) for the return trip. Hotel would be about 27 Euros per night. Food maybe another 15 Euros per day.

Please let me know you have any other questions.

I wish you all the best.

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Please note that we are working on including a currency converter on our website to make it easier for the Patients to calculate the HT costs in their own currencies. For now, I will be happy to answer any pricing and logistical questions.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow makes 9 weeks since I had my FUE with Dr. Bhatti. I can't say time is flying but it's certainly a lot easier to deal with things the third time around than it was during my first hair transplant. I don't find myself running to the mirror every 15 minutes looking for new hair or stressing about what the results will turn out like. Each day is just business as usual as I wait for the fun to begin.

Of course, there is nothing much to see at this stage but I wanted to be consistent in updating my progress for those that want to know what to expect at each stage along the way. A few days ago I buzzed my hair down with a $3 guard. I'll probably do that again in a few weeks.

I've had only a few pimples in the recipient area but have got quite a few throughout the donor area. I guess that shouldn't have surprised me since I had a lot along the suture line with my stip surgeries.

I'm taking .5mg finasteride daily and applying Rogaine Foam in the mornings and occasionally in the evenings.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good things.

IMG_5179.jpg.364c31ff9b6a373cb2b0a9cbb25d37f1.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg.052debc88392abdd539e358af1becd17.jpg

IMG_5185.jpg.3a01b9396699441471e0d8a79d617beb.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg.7b4e6da38c815b00c7bbd3d9ce80e4a3.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg.08260528be37f9bc6be413938397ec9c.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg.bd8eb71a0da91d1af72bae549371cce0.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg.2c5c78cdf03ef1411398e5fb9e6575e6.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg.4ac6f42b2bbee5050b379e6e56d6f944.jpg