Recipient area scarring after HT by Coalition Surgeon

Looks good! You have really fair skin it seems (can tell by how much the contrast is versus the red under the eyes).....I think a lot of what you were perceiving as being "scarring" was still just a hint of pinkness from the procedure. I know there is a term called post-inflammatory erythema or something like that (you will find a lot of people who had acne use this term). Basically, it's where the skin still looks like it is red or where it looks like it is scarring after the acne itself has disappeared.....but the redness for whatever reason takes MANY months to disappear....many times over 6 months. It does go away though and it's not a scar.

Thanks for the replies/encouragement.

I did have holes in my skin for almost 6 months after the procedure. They looked like little pits. I was told that this is micro scarring from the incisions. I think the redness did make it look worse though. My skin is still pink and shiny in the recipient area. I'm told that it will eventually go away. I wish I was told before that it could take 6 months for my skin to return to normal. I was definitely not prepared for it to take this long!