Longevita - Trichologist

Hi Guys

I am very close to booking a hair transplant with Longevita in Istanbul. For anybody not familiar with Longevita, they offer 3 packages.

The premium package is with Dr Karadeniz, who will carry out 90% of the operation himself.

The standard package is with Dr Resat. He will design the hairline and supervise the operation, which is carried out by his team of technicians.

Lastly, the budget package is with Trichologist Kazim Sipahi.

The question I have revolves around the skill level of Trichologists. Is there much of a gap in skills between a Trichologist and a competent surgeon ?

My own personal story, is that I will be leaving my current employer in a month and decided this was the time that I would go ahead and bite the bullet. I am 34, and have had a receding hairline all my life. I guess I am a norwood 3/4 on the scales. Over the last 24 months I really started to dread windy days, when the combover would take off.

I have been viewing this forum and researching over the last 18 months. I found that Turkey was the best value for money, and to date my correspondence with Longevita has been excellent. This was also enhanced when I discovered that Dr Karadeniz has been endorsed by the network.

I suppose with my current employment due to end, I must be price sensitive and decide between Dr Resat and Trichologist Kazim Sipahi.

Any adice or feedback with longevita would be much appreciated. I would also like peoples opinions on Trichlogists in general ?

Thanks

Dublin jack

• 1 month later...

Hey

i have similar story regarding hairline ive been in touch with longaveta and in the same boat

i think im gona go with the 1850 package where the surgeon supervisors because the budget one something might be missed u no? And for a few extra hundred id rather it done right

did you book yet?

Matt

• 1 year later...

Hi

new to this , not sure how to post.

Anyway i have been looking at Longevita and have be quoted ?1000 which seems so cheap.

i have been told my surgeon if i decide to go ahead will be Sevgi Uzun i cant find much info on her apart from Longevita website , has anyone heard of her and is the company trust worthy ?

Hi there I went with Longevita ,I can't speak for all the Clinics on their books I went with Dr Resat ,I paid

1750 pounds for 4200 FUE grafts,you can check out my 17 month results if you click on my profile.

Its a tricky one for me regarding recommendation ,as regards being trustworthy Longevita are a legit company they pick you up in Turkey at the airport and make sure everything runs smoothly regarding transfers hotel etc,in saying this some of their claims are not true like you will have a 24 hour access with a host ,the host when i met him was a good guy but he was obviously mad busy dealing with other clinics/patients in different parts of the city , so don't expect too much there .

I personally wouldn't go with Sevgi Uzan who you mention, but pay a bit extra and go with Dr Resat,

I am more than happy with my result, but you need to be aware he still basically runs a tech clinic he just does the hair-line and monitors the techs, although they are actual nurses and very experienced ,not techs who have been doing botox injections and fancied a go at hair transplants.

My advice is spend some time on this site before you make up your mind ,there are some recommended

Docs on here who offer very competitive prices ,Dr Yaman to mention one, who

only charges one euro per graft ,best of luck, but as I say do some research before you pull the trigger.

Thanks Mike50 you're advice has really helped, I will check out your results and the two Dr you mentioned, as you have used Longevita in Turkey if I have any more questions I hope it's ok to ask ?

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Thanks Mike50 you're advice has really helped, I will check out your results and the two Dr you mentioned, as you have used Longevita in Turkey if I have any more questions I hope it's ok to ask ?

Thanks again

Sorry Zues just read your message ,sure, ask away.

• 9 months later...
Sorry Zues just read your message ,sure, ask away.

Hi Mick 50,

i am also planning to use Longevita - can you help advise me on what to expect? you mentioned i could see your progress on your profile but i was unable to see anything.

Any thing you can help with? would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Which Doc /Trichologist form Longevita are you going with ?

Can only give advice if you're going with the same Doc as me Dr Resat, I'm not even sure he's with them anymore think he works independently.

Edited by Mick50

Which Doc /Trichologist form Longevita are you going with ?

Can only give advice if you're going with the same Doc as me Dr Resat, I'm not even sure he's with them anymore think he works independently.

Hi Mick,

i have been advised to use Dr. Sevgin Uzun, but im curious to find out what your general experience was, and if Longevita are a credible medical company? Longevita claim that all their surgeons are the same.

Their prices are substantially cheaper than many of their competitors and that just makes me slightly cautious - you know what they say, you get what you pay for, so i hope thats not the case with these guys because their price is really attractive.

Hi Mick,

i have been advised to use Dr. Sevgin Uzun, but im curious to find out what your general experience was, and if Longevita are a credible medical company? Longevita claim that all their surgeons are the same.

Their prices are substantially cheaper than many of their competitors and that just makes me slightly cautious - you know what they say, you get what you pay for, so i hope thats not the case with these guys because their price is really attractive.

Yes their prices are attractive but of course all the clinics they have on their books are not the same, Longevita are just the middlemen and in that capacity they're good but to claim all the surgeons are the same is not true ,in your case Dr Sevgin is not a Dr but a trichologist so you need to be aware of that ,Dr Resat who oversaw my op just drew the hairline techs did the rest , I was lucky and had a good result but I was an ideal candidate for hair restoration

stable loss, good density donor, if you were going with my Doc I would s say its worth the risk because I spoke to 6 real patients on the phone and they were all pretty pleased with their result ,beyond that I cant advise you but at the very least ask to speak to patients who have been there .

Maybe you should consider Dr Yaman who charges one euro per graft ,or Dr clinik who prices I think are on a par with Longevita but he does the actual incisions .

Do more research on here before you make your decision .

just looked at their website the person you mentioned has a background as beautician no way would I have chosen her

give it a miss if I were you .

Longevita really need to be pulled up on this calling someone who has a degree in hospital management whatever that is, a Doctor.

Of course a trichologist could have a medical degree but the ones on Longevita are not doctors you need to understand this.

If you click on the Feller/Bloxham thread you will see my recent pics at the start of the thread, but as I said not really going to help

you as a totally different clinic.

Edited by Mick50