Dr. Asim Shahmalak - Crown Clinic UK - any reviews?

UKFUE

Hey guys,

So I was wondering if anybody here had any surgery / past experience with Dr. Asim Shahmalak at Crown Clinic UK?

I've searched around and only found a few sporadic mentions from 2009 on here.

I'm 30 years old and I'm a Norwood 2 and would need hair in zones 1 & 2.

I had an initial consultation with a different clinic and then after seeing some of the high profile clients associated with Dr. Asim Shahmalak online, I decided to see him for a second opinion. The meeting was to the point and since I'd sat with a previous surgeon for 45 minutes I didn't have too many questions.

I was happy with the outcome of the meeting and based on my hair/needs, Dr. Shahmalak said I'd need around 1400 Grafts at 5GBP each (Total 7000GBP).

I know this is expensive compared to elsewhere in the world, but I'd be more comfortable getting it done in the UK and it also fits in with my time frame as I'm only home in the UK for a short space of time.

My question is, has anybody had experience with Dr. Shahmalak in the past and were they happy with the results?

Thank you!

This Doctor is not active on the forums so I doubt you will find much about him. His gallery is very limited in terms of non celebrity patients he seems to focus on the celebrity patients so read into that what you will.

If you are interested in him ask to see some results of previous patients or ask to meet one of his patients in person.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you for your responses.

Due to already having had the consultation and my time constraints, at this point I am likely to go along with Dr. Shahmalak and will post before and periodical after photos.

Saying that though, it seems Dr. Farjo is quite popular on this blog, does he contribute to the forums?

Also David (Garageland), after reading your profile, it appears you had two initial bad ops in the UK before your current success? Can you explain a little more about your UK experience...

Thanks!

Yeah, I went to Dr. Reddys Private Clinic in Birmingham initially where I had a consultation with another surgeon there.

They were quoting me prices 'per hair' rather than follicle and as it came to roughly the same price I opted to also go and see Dr. Shahmala based on the high profile cases he had dealt with.

Edited by UKFUE

UKFUE,

I actually had 3 bad ops in the UK, that was back in 1996-98 so things have moved on a good deal since then so would be irrelevant in terms of the quality of work that some of the top clinics in the UK are now offering. Each session was for around 500 grafts and I had mini and micro grafts after 3 sessions and 3 different scars I realised that transplants back then were not going to give me even close to what I thought was possible and needed on a NW6.

Thankfully I stopped when I did and was able to move enough donor hair with Dr Hasson to correct what had been done.

But it does still serve as a reminder to those considering surgery at such a young age, 23 in my case and not being stable and heading for advanced loss.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 years later...
Yeah, I went to Dr. Reddys Private Clinic in Birmingham initially where I had a consultation with another surgeon there.

They were quoting me prices 'per hair' rather than follicle and as it came to roughly the same price I opted to also go and see Dr. Shahmala based on the high profile cases he had dealt with.

Dr Reddy works for the Private Clinic, and it is not his practice. I had surgery with him at the Selston Cosmetic Clinic, and paid ?5k for 1200 grafts:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186690-6000-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-2013;-1800-dr-de-reys-2014;-1200-dr-reddy-2017-a.html

In my opinion, his work is far superior to Dr Shamalak.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

• 11 months later...