2000 grafts enough for Norwood class 6?

Dear Blake_bloxam and 1966kph.

Here is the link to my album again.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

I have plenty of chest and upper back hair as well as nape of the neck, I have been researching BHT surgeons. I do agree Dr. Umar has done a pretty good =job with BHT.

I do think that I have more than 2000 FUE grafts available. I think I have to do some more research before jumping in with BHT and I promise to keep updating the forum.

How come I have not been part of this wonderful forum and support group thus far?, hats off to you all for being so wonderful brothers!.

A big thank you.

Meanwhile only handful surgeons perform BHT here in USA, any ideas as to which ones have been successful?.

Thank you all.

Edited by harin
adding a sentence.

My Thread: 

Also do you guys think that more hairs are extracted and survive the grafting process with strip technique than FUE?. What have your experiences been and are there any differences between the two with regards to graft survival and viability?

My Thread: 

Harin,

I still can't see the pictures??? Don't know what's up. Let me know if you want help uploading (or maybe I'm just losing my mind - haha).

So, I feel like all I'm doing is shooting you down. BUT, most really wouldn't recommend BHT until you've fully exhausted your donor region. You could integrate some beard or chest hair for filler in the mid-scalp if you really needed it, but I'm not sure you would at this point.

If you do want to consult with a BHT surgeon, however, I think Dr. Umar has the most experience and success with the procedure.

The difference between strip yield and FUE yield is a controversial subject. Some will tell you they are equal. Frankly, I think the gap between the two is closing. But I still think strip is higher. However, the argument isn't this simple. It would be nice if you could just chose the one with the best yield and go from there. But you need to consider the following: FUE has lower and a more variable yield, but better cosmetic scarring; strip has higher and more consistent yield, BUT comes with the variable strip scar. The end game will be a procedure with FUE scarring and strip yield.

I think some patients are better suited for FUE and some are better suited for strip. You should weigh the pros and cons, identify your personal goals, and pick - with your surgeon's help - what's best for you.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Blake, Let me know if I can e-mail the pics to you directly if need be.

I will check out Dr. Umar, looks like he has gotten some really good results, I truly appreciate your input, sorry that ur unable to see the pics :(.

I think initially one of the docs looking at some of initial pictures said I was having reverse alopecia as well. But I guess that assessment was made difficult because I had a hair cut a week before these pictures were taken and I usually wear my hair short (whatever remains of it) which kind of mislead him.

I do personally believe that I have more than 2000 harvestable grafts t the back of m head after leaving a decent amount of hair at the back of head.

Choice has to be made as to if jus head hair or combination for filler as you said would be better, so the search continues.

I might sound like a broken record but I cannot emphasize how much I appreciate all your help and support.

Edited by harin
edit

My Thread: 

Hi Harin,

Feel free to email them to: support@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

We're all glad to help!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks hairweare and Blake, would you guys have a link for Peperoni's case?. Thanks.

Blake I just sent you the e-mail, thanks, please let me know if you would need more views.

Edited by harin
additional information added.

My Thread: