Please HELP. Hair loss is driving me crazy

Hi

This is my first post. I have been following the network for a while now. I must say Kudos. Lots of information here.

Coming to me, i am 34 yrs old. I have been losing hair for the past 5 years, i believe. I cannot define myself on NW scale as i believe i have diffuse thinning all over the top. Sides and Back seem to be fine? Hair loss is driving me crazy. I keep thinking about it all the time, avoid photos, cannot concentrate on work.

HT:

I am contemplating to have a HT with Dr Radha (to fill in those areas where scalp is greatly visible) as:

1. She is recommended here

2. I come from the same region as well

3. Money is also a factor.

I think HT is a bad idea at this stage as i have lots (can i still say it?) of native hair. So i have to wait until i lose more hair:(. ?

Meds: (To stop hair loss and may be regrow some of it?)

1. I am scared of the sides of Finasteride, hence was not able to start with it.

I am taking Sawpalmetto (320 mg daily) since about a month.

2. I visited a dermatologist recently and she suggested Rogaine. I havent started it yet.

3. I am in Germany. Any one from the same region using Nizoral?. By the way what is this shampoo good for. For consmetic appearance?

I am attaching a few photos. I apologize for the clarity (or for the lack of it). I hate to take pictures of my hair. I will try to upload more photos later. Could you please look into the photos and suggest me what i could do.

Thanks

Srik

back.jpg.2d0dcc26e43f11d960774a387923af09.jpg

back2.jpg.f88a94946b31135824f1c796958dea55.jpg

left.jpg.38a3745d81d7e18ef1bc7deb9229eaaa.jpg

rightside.jpg.044c816cbac55f53f2efdcabd3bfafea.jpg

top1.jpg.3facc59231b7facca0495b19761b818b.jpg

top2.jpg.00e9166a42d2e6730da1d5c5f7d694a1.jpg

you would take finestride propecia?this is the most effective hairloss drug for men

try to take propecia and if u get side effect stop it

take propecia

minoxidil

zinc

iron

multivitmin

omega 3

pantagor

biotin

Definitely get on fin my friend! Try out Minox also (rogaine etc) this would be the foundation. Judgibg by the pictures your hair looks pretty good at the moment.

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Thanks KRL and MusoInOz

So fin seems to be the only way. ok.

1. Rogaine foam: What about Rogaine foam. Has anyone with long hair had problems applying the foam?

2. Sawpalmetto: Is there anyone who has been using Saw palmetto and had some success?

3. How does my donor hair look like. Is it good for any HT? and does anyone suggest a HT for me to fill in those gaps in the vertex area (or on the top)

Srik

Hi Rajjayukdtht,

I should admit. I havenot done any extensive research on the differences between FUT and FUE (apart from looking at some FUT and FUE results). I was planning on that research once i get suggestions from the members here if i could go with a HT at this stage or if it is too early (schockloss due to diffused thinning?). Or if medications (i am only on sawpalmetto 320 mg at the moment, planning to add Rogaine 5% foam to the regime) alone would help my hairloss.

Can you look at the pictures i have posted in my first post and judge from your experience if i am a candidate for HT.

ps: I am planning to contact Dr Radha aswell.

If you live in the same area, where Dr.Radha operates then have a consultation with her, she will clear all your queries.

If you wanna go HT, you definitely need medicine to prevent further hairloss!

Start Fin and Minox.

Yes, Minox can be applied to long hair but Its a bit more difficult to get the medicine down to your scalp where it needs to be but with practice you will be O.K.. It is more difficult with the foam that it is with the liquid

Your donor looks fine to me!

Thanks guys for your responses/suggestions/views.

Thats a little annoyying. As you can see from my pics, its already see through on the top particularly in the vertex area and still i cannot go for HT. But i think i get your point. If i understand you correctly, you are not suggesting a HT (even though my scalp on top is see through) as it might do more harm than good (danger of permanent shockloss to the native hair in the recipient area?). I have seen a few HTs on diffused thinning patients, which have come out very good. But not all are as lucky.

1. I would start on Rogaine foam 5% at the earliest.

2. I am a little scared of starting propecia after going through all those horror storied on the internet. I believe i just need a little push to start taking propecia aswell.

3. I would be happy if i am able to maintain the hair i have at the moment for the next 10 years may be (greedy:)). Any regrowth/thickening for me is a bonus. Do you guys think i might achieve that with fin+rogaine foam?

Once again thanks a lot guys. I appreciate.

What's your diet like? I really think an anti-inflammatory diet slows down hair loss and makes what you have look a lot better.

The process that makes hair fall out is an inflammatory one. If I have alcohol, sugar or wheat I get a sore scalp.

After a night's drinking some of my hair falls out the next day.

I recently bought a Nutribullet and am having smoothies every day. I recommend juicing and blending.

I haven't gone on any medication and would rather not as my hair loss is mild and diffuse like yours.

I want to start with fin + rogaine foam now.

fin: i want to start with fin alternatively so that my body slowly get used to it, and may be one day increase it once daily dosage. What do you guys think. Is it a good way to start wtih.

Rogaine foam: I have long hair. Any tips of applying foam on long hair.

More importantly i heard of unwanted facial hair growth due to foam. Has any one experienced such sides.

I hope these help me as my top seems to have thinned a LOT. (i have uploaded pics in my first post)

For starters, you seem to have great donor density should you ever decide to get a hair transplant.

I agree you should definitely start taking Fin. You can start with a smaller daily dosage and slowly increase it if you would like. This (combined with the Minoxidil) should really help in stabilizing your loss. Once it's stabilized, you should be able to proceed with a hair transplant.

The pictures also seem to show that you suffer from dry scalp/dandruff. Is this an accurate observation? This is something I've dealt with all my life, and I wanna add that if you can also address this problem, your hair will be better off for it. The healthier your scalp is, the healthier your hair is. From my personal experience, when my scalp is in bad shape, my hair fall increases dramatically. I've tried countless products over the years, with very minimal success with all the dandruff/dry scalp shampoos on the market. I've found currently what works best for me is simply mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with my shampoo, and an occasional Coconut Oil treatment on my scalp when it gets particularly flaky. Also avoiding really hot showers keeps my scalp from drying out as well.

Just some things to consider if indeed it is an issue for you. Best of luck.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

For starters, you seem to have great donor density should you ever decide to get a hair transplant.

I agree you should definitely start taking Fin. You can start with a smaller daily dosage and slowly increase it if you would like. This (combined with the Minoxidil) should really help in stabilizing your loss. Once it's stabilized, you should be able to proceed with a hair transplant.

The pictures also seem to show that you suffer from dry scalp/dandruff. Is this an accurate observation? This is something I've dealt with all my life, and I wanna add that if you can also address this problem, your hair will be better off for it. The healthier your scalp is, the healthier your hair is. From my personal experience, when my scalp is in bad shape, my hair fall increases dramatically. I've tried countless products over the years, with very minimal success with all the dandruff/dry scalp shampoos on the market. I've found currently what works best for me is simply mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with my shampoo, and an occasional Coconut Oil treatment on my scalp when it gets particularly flaky. Also avoiding really hot showers keeps my scalp from drying out as well.

Just some things to consider if indeed it is an issue for you. Best of luck.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Yes its a correct observation that i have been suffering from Dandruff. I try coconut oil treatments twice every week. But its not helping at the moment.

Fin: I am planning to take a 1mg Fin tablet every alternate day atleast for a few month and increase the dosage to 1mg daily. I will also start using Rogaine Foam starting with once every day. Do you think that will stabilize/promote hair regrowth to my type of hair loss (diffused hairloss?)

you can try topical spiro and a progesterone cream before trying fin. I use them both and really feel like the progesterone cream really helps. I also use a topical fin and my hair loss has stabilized over the last two years based on the doctors I have talked to. the one good thing about oral fin is there is no mess or hassle putting on creams.

try the nizoral 2% shampoo. it should help your dandruff.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Yes its a correct observation that i have been suffering from Dandruff. I try coconut oil treatments twice every week. But its not helping at the moment.

Fin: I am planning to take a 1mg Fin tablet every alternate day atleast for a few month and increase the dosage to 1mg daily. I will also start using Rogaine Foam starting with once every day. Do you think that will stabilize/promote hair regrowth to my type of hair loss (diffused hairloss?)

Try the Apple Cider Vinegar a couple times a week on your scalp as well and see if that helps resolve any problems for you. It really does help mine a lot when it gets in bad shape. The hot showers are what really cause the damage for me though - but I just can't turn the temperature down in the shower. It's a painstaking 50 degrees here in SoCal - which might as well be below zero for us California crybabies - so I need my hot showers. :cool:

As for the Fin/Min combo, I don't see why it shouldn't help you. Only way to know for sure though is to try it out, which you're doing. Take pictures frequently so you'll be able to properly observe whether or not it's working for you. And keep us updated with your progress.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56