5013 FUE / Dr. Koray Erdogan / 11 months

jsnw

Here are my 11 month results after getting 5013 FUE with Dr. Erdogan last March. Surgery was over 2 days. Really happy with the results. I need to go back this year to do one more pass on the crown and mid scalp then I'll call it a wrap. I think the growth is pretty much done at this point and the new hairs have matured and thickened quite a bit since the 6 month mark.

It took me a long time to bite the bullet and take a chance on this surgery but I'm so glad that I did. It's nice to get those good comments from strangers about my hair or that I don't look my age. It's nice that nobody has a clue that I had a transplant. I knew my self confidence would get better but had no idea it would be so much. Life changing experience. Can't wait to get done with another procedure and see what it looks like then!

Thanks again to everyone posting on here. This forum has been a great help. My original post/link is below. I've included some before/after shots, as well as a few outdoor shots on recent trips with different lighting.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176826-5013-fue-two-days-6-month-results-dr-koray-erdogan.html

5b32e46c9a7ff_before1.jpg.ed2e39d3f3aa85dba4a32632c1de2bdf.jpg

5b32e46cb619e_before2.jpg.3dc9a94cd10d2a1f60006a5ff2346850.jpg

5b32e46cca2c5_before3.jpg.f498480f0855e75d73ccc99ad45f6416.jpg

5b32e46cd832c_after1.jpg.153634ce836056a16c2f107de647fbf4.jpg

5b32e46ce9614_after2.jpg.dd88b6ad12e23b929ffedf32c2bfc762.jpg

5b32e46d035bc_after3.jpg.1b811faa3d0c755471d33afd3aa5585d.jpg

IMG_9010.jpg.405f5e99b841ad0338f50adab7959631.jpg

IMG_9349.jpg.7a272a98e66bad4e40099c956a2fce12.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg.5dcb68ce6c2a483542c494db7ccbf8ae.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

GraveD11gger - The second session will be just for the crown. I was pretty much bald there before and during my procedure with Dr. Erdogan, they only put 1000 or so grafts in the crown area. It was a large area to cover. While I have a little hair there for some coverage now, another 2000 grafts or so should complete my journey.

jsnw,

These are some great results! Congratulations!

From the looks of your profile, you seem relatively close by (GA). I'm in Alabama and have been considering Dr. Erdogan for several months. Like you, it is taking me a while to bite the bullet. One thing that has concerned me is the distance in travel, especially with the latest coverage in the airline industry as well as some of the extremism being mentioned in the news. Would you be willing to share your experience with me? If not in this thread, maybe through direct messaging?

I appreciate any further insight into your journey.

Thanks richardposey01. Sounds like we're neighbors, I'm in Atlanta. The travel wasn't so bad going there. Coming home was a little longer and stressful just due to the shaved head and swollen face. Took about 10 hours to fly to Germany, 3 hour layover there, then another 2 hours to Istanbul. Same thing coming home.

I want to go back to Dr. Erdogan this year to have one last procedure done (for crown area) but like you what I'm seeing in the news is a little concerning. I'll probably still do it though. Their office makes things really easy. I was never out on the streets unless I wanted to walk around. They always picked me up and dropped me off and were never late. If I go back again this year I'll fly home the same day of surgery or the morning after. Last time I waited a couple days.

I'll send you a PM with my email and cell number if you want to discuss more.

appstatefan247 - I was nervous as well, as I'm sure everyone is, but it wasn't near as hard as I thought. It's definitely a journey, but it's life changing, and worth every second. Feel free to ask anything you want, I'd be glad to help.

Thanks positivevibes - Everything was fine when I was there, but things have changed quite a bit in the last year. Everyone I ran into was friendly. I want to go back this year for another pass but I've got the same concerns too. Are you asking about the cost of the procedure?

I can't remember what the exchange rate was last March but I know it's a lot better now. I paid 2.5 euro per graft. I can't remember the exact cost of surgery, but it seems like the total I spent on everything was around $17,000, which included the 2 day surgery, prp treatment, after care products, 1 yr. supply of Proscar, plane ticket ($1400), hotel, food, and airport parking. The few places I looked at in the southeast (USA) were more than double that. It was well worth the trip to go over there I thought.