Night Sweats and Fue

Hi, i am having night sweats mostly on my forehead and sweating covers or reaches a bit of newly transplanted hair at hairline.Do you guys think sweating from day 1 of the fue surgery may halt the result or kill the graft on hairline?

Interesting question.

A nurse at my clinic instructed me not to sweat for the first 4(!) weeks cause salt may harm the crafts.

Then again there are many clinics asking patients to use saline spray post-up. So that this advice with a grain of salt (no pun intended). My post op instructions stated avoid sweating for 10 days.

I believe docs give out that advice to keep the area clean and avoid infections.

If salt/sweat was that dectrutive patients in warmer regions would always have a poorer result. Avoiding sweating for 4 weeks is impossible!

Edit: btw I was panicked because of the very subject. I searched a lot of HT forum and couple find a single legit post confirming that sweat/body's own salt is a graft killer. I hope the nurse was just trying to scare me off so i won't hit the gym too soon post op.

Edited by ZeoRanger
Added info

Interesting question.

Edit: btw I was panicked because of the very subject. I searched a lot of HT forum and couple find a single legit post confirming that sweat/body's own salt is a graft killer. I hope the nurse was just trying to scare me off so i won't hit the gym too soon post op.

thx ZeoRanger,could you pls send the link that claims sweat kills the grafts?:confused:

Edited by KRL

I could not find ANY written statement supporting that theory. It just came out of the mouth from 1 particular nurse and I hope to high heavens that she was just misinformed or tried to scare me to make sure I won't hit the gym too soon post-op.

Would be great if some experts could weigh in. But considering that saline spray is often used directly post op by many clinics I don't think salt is a graft killer.

Sweat will not damage your grafts in any way...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY