Dr. Lindsey Update complex 3 stage flap repair with Video, McLean VA

Frequent readers may recall this man. He had a failed flap in the 80s, and has had 3 procedures by me. First we built a hairline, second we excised his failed flap, and third we augmented his hairline and middle third. He flew through DC on his way across the world and stopped by.

I'm still working on a short interview with him to post, but he and I are so excited about his 7 month result....only to get better, that we wanted to put this up today.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey, Based on the repair variables, That is a substantial change and well thought out repair. The guy certainly must be thrilled. I've read that folks with those 80s flap surgeries had a diminished blood supply and low sensation to the scalp. So, with that variable, and the fact the dermal area could have been jeapordized,you were able to successfully achieve graft growth, maintaining a noticeable level of repair yield. Great job and good on you for giving this patient what he went without for so many years. Can't wait to see further updates,if any.

Repairs like this bring a tear to my eye. Well done Dr. Lindsey! If I were a believer, I'd have to thank God that I was severely lacking funds in the 90s or I'd probably be in this same situation.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I mean, this is really great. You did a really great job there.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Excellent work! So glad you were able to help this gentleman.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr Lindsey --- Nothing but "Wow" comes to mind on seeing that video. Kudos. You probably changed that person's life trajectory from the 10x confidence boost that he will get going forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a really nice turnaround for this guy I can only imagine how happy he must be feeling to look normal again after all these years.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, this has been rewarding all around. First off, as his wife (who he brought over for a facelift) says, he now is able to go to parties, and is the "old social guy" she married.

Next, this actually required some thinking and planning, kind of like complex facial reconstruction after cancer or trauma...and its fun to figure out a problem like this and then solve it.

Lastly, he's a nice guy. I've known him now, what 4 years, and have spent a month with him (3 cases plus his wife, at a week each) and he's really a pleasure to work with.

There is a guy like him, in a northern european country...has the same problem except I think he had failed flaps on BOTH sides....who has been thinking about coming over for a couple of years. This patient has been kind enough to talk to him on the phone a few times, and I'm hopeful we'll be able to help that other guy at some point.

I have a short interview with this man that I'm trying to figure out how to add some of my audio to his video...and when that is done I'll put it up. I think it adds to the story, its just I'm not too technical.

AND, his son has a small area that has never had hair, and I think he's coming over for a little FUE later this year so we may yet get a "fully grown in picture". And if that happens, I hope he'll let me touch up that forehead scar. Really, in person it is not too noticable like it is in the video, but I think we can improve it 50% with a 15 min case...once the hair is complete.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians