Popping recipient pimples/treatment betadine

I'm 4 weeks post op and get the occasional pimple in the recipient area.

They are pretty much like pimples in face that grow bigger if I don't pop them.

Can I pop them with a clean needle and then treat the area with Betadine or bepathenol to promote healing (and avoid infection)? Or are those creams bad for the grafts? They don't contain alcohol.

If you live close to your doctor, you could even ask them if you could stop by their office and have the surgeon (or most likely a technician, I assume) drain them for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Dr. Mohebi's office had a sort of open door policy for this kinda thing if they were to ever get out of control and I needed assistance. Fortunately, I never had to take them up on it. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yes apply it to an open wound. I got a pimple near the front that became problematic as I kept knocking it when combing my hair and think it got infected a bit as it started leaking a yellow fluid so after researching I read that you can apply the oil to open wounds and area around as it is an antiseptic and is extremely efficient at killing bacteria that cause skin infections. After 3 days the boil started going hard as infection healed and a normal scab is in place and skin around it that was red started healing too. Not all pimples will get problematic but try and keep the area clean and avoid touching with your fingers which is hard if its near the hairline. Tea tree oil can be bought in health stores and some even label it as an antiseptic.

HT 2006/7