Should I be worried?

Hi

I'm 13 days post op and there is something that is causing me worry.

This photo (taken 2 days ago) shows that there is a patch in the middle of the circle where the hairs appear to be markedly shorter than the rest of the transplanted areas. It's only an issue on the right temple.

I noticed that this area looks more sparse very soon after the surgery, so this isn't something that has just become apparent in the last few days.

It's been suggested that it's a shedding issue, but I can't believe this to be the case. After all, it became apparent just after the surgery, and the hairs in question are bunched together.

Background information: I had just over 2000 grafts over a 2 day period. On the fist night of the surgery some grafts became dislodged due to scratching. These were replaced in the 2nd day of the surgery. I am close to 100% confident that I did not dislodge anything after the 2nd day of the surgery. This region that is concerning me might be the area of the grafts that were dislodged & replaced, though am not sure.

RightTemple.jpg.5f1cdd1cb98270f02b3928c5454bef0e.jpg

How did you manage to scratch yourself on the 1st night after your operation? Accidental scratch during sleep?

If you had no other episodes of bleeding it's prob early shedding.

I noticed a bald patch in my grafted area as well after day 10 when I lost all scabs. I panicked but I recalled that I never had any bleeding during that period which means no grafts were lost. At least according to the research I did in this forum.

How did you manage to scratch yourself on the 1st night after your operation? Accidental scratch during sleep?

If you had no other episodes of bleeding it's prob early shedding.

I noticed a bald patch in my grafted area as well after day 10 when I lost all scabs. I panicked but I recalled that I never had any bleeding during that period which means no grafts were lost. At least according to the research I did in this forum.

Hi

I still am not sure how I understand how this is likely to be shedding given that:

-it's been an issue since shortly after the surgery

-the hairs are all next to each other.

-some of the hairs appear to be very short rather than non-existent.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Davey
added details to one of the points

I've attached a photo of 1 day after the final day of surgery. It's subtle, but the inside of the circled area has less stubble than the surrounding areas - as I said, I've noticed that this area looked different from early on.

RightTempleOriginal.jpg.b9ceb7a54d947718917785ba33ec403a.jpg