Is a full scalp transplant possible?

Why would you even think of a question like this?

Would you have one?

I know some people say they would kill to have hair but they don't really mean it.

I've heard the expression of stepping into dead mans shoes but this wearing someone elses scalp,Thats bizarre

I think your misunderstanding when we talk of the donor region its actually a region on ones own head.

Have a good evening.

Is a full scalp transplant from a deceased person possible?

Why would you even think of a question like this?

Would you have one?

I know some people say they would kill to have hair but they don't really mean it.

I've heard the expression of stepping into dead mans shoes but this wearing someone elses scalp,Thats bizarre

I think your misunderstanding when we talk of the donor region its actually a region on ones own head.

Have a good evening.

Yes I would have one if it was possible.

You can have mine if I kick off. :eek: I will sell it to you at half price of $100k because it comes with gray hair and a FUT scar (hardly noticeable I might add). Would you like to make a down payment? BTW you will probably need to take anti-rejection medication for the rest of your life also. Your insurance probably wouldn't pick that up. May be a deal breaker.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Nope.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It's probably technically feasible given those people who received face transplants appear to have growing head and facial hair. You would need anti-immune response drugs though.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It's probably technically feasible given those people who received face transplants appear to have growing head and facial hair. You would need anti-immune response drugs though.

I would take anti-immune drugs for a full head of hair. I more places start doing research on this and that this will become as common as hair transplants.

Only if he is your identical twin? Doganay had a case like that. Twins were both alive though.

Possible in theory, but this was still an experimental operation, rejection is still possible, HT is not a life-saving operation, could not be attempted jsut for advertisement.