Hakan Doganay, 2835 Grafts

Swooping

So I'm just at about 5 months now, decided to take some pictures. Left side seems to be going well. Right side is obviously a bit lacking and behind as you can see on the picture. The first two pictures are pre-op just the day I had surgery (out of bed look lol). Other 3 are how my hair stands now.

Donor has healed awesome (shock loss was pretty big in the beginning)

I think it's going pretty well and it's going to be interesting what the coming months will bring!

I need to stay realistic too as I have extremely fine hair which makes things more difficult.

At the 1 year mark I'll make really good pictures from all angles, and will probably shave down too then!)

Oh btw my scalp is still a bit red for those who are wondering (Caucasian genes I guess :P)

Comments are welcome!

(click on picture for bigger view)

hair5months.jpg

Edited by Swooping

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swoop,

That's coming in beautifully! That combo of lighter skin and light brown hair is awesome for this type of coverage. Looks like your FUE planning -- with respect to reducing graft time out of body -- worked nicely as well. Congrats, buddy! Look forward to more updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Chestnut,

Patients with the combo of light skin and light hair tend to get dynamite coverage compared to those with light skin and dark hair. The blending between the two looks awesome. You'll already have a leg up -- like swoop -- if you do undergo surgery.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

@Blake

Yeah it worked out pretty well! I'm pretty happy how things are progressing. What I found most important is that my hair would get a natural flow and I think that is already the case.

In the summertime my hair tends to get very light brownish which works in my advantage as you mention.

@Thatoldchestnut, yeah, I had pretty much pretty visible redness till like the 3-4th month mark. After that it decreased pretty fast suddenly. Make-up does wonders though :D.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Swoop,

Yeah, it's looking solid.

Now that you're all settled there, we should get working on cracking the whole donor doubling and hair multiplication thing ; )

Swoop,

Yeah, it's looking solid.

Now that you're all settled there, we should get working on cracking the whole donor doubling and hair multiplication thing ; )

Hell yeah, that is the next goal :cool:!

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

• 1 month later...

Just throwing in some pics in between. 7 months now, happy already :)! Wish I had done it sooner! Only the utmost corner of my right temple seems somewhat lagging behind (it's a small spot). I'll throw in another update at month 12 which will include better pictures (close-ups, different (harsh) lightning etc).

7monthssss.jpg

7monthsflash.jpg

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Swoop,

Looking great! I somehow missed your thread and terrific writeup, which should be saved as a guide for the benefits of being an educated patient.

Sending you a PM.

Thanks PupDaddy :cool:.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Growing nicely, bud!

For some reason, I thought you had less grafts. You purposely split it up though, right? And, by the way, I agree completely with that approach. What was the break down per day?

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Growing nicely, bud!

For some reason, I thought you had less grafts. You purposely split it up though, right? And, by the way, I agree completely with that approach. What was the break down per day?

Thanks Dr. Blake :cool:. Yeah I did. My personal opinion is no more than 3000 FUE grafts per procedure. I purposely split it up in 2 days though indeed.

Details;

First day 1500 grafts

2nd day 1335 grafts

Total 2835 grafts

Punch size 0.7mm

Implantation Choi pen 0.8mm & 0.6mm

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Your result is looking beautiful, congrats! :)

Thank you Janna.

looking good. did you regain the density by going back on your topical(s), that you lost pre op?

Yeah overall improvement of hair quality and stabilization again. I also stabilized from stopping minoxidil after a long time I think. I was just looking at some pictures I took on the day of the operation and it was getting bad;

OP_day.jpg

Now;

7months2.jpg

Edited by Swooping

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would post some pictures. Quite great and funny how things can go in a few months as you can see! I'll be heading to 8 months post-op soon. The next and last update will be at 12 months and will be more detailed with harsh close up shots.

I thank Dr. Doganay and his staff again for the excellence.

If only I had hair thicker than 50 micron though! The hair greed lol :D.

(bottom picture of the 5 pics is with hair brushed back)

journeyht.jpg

7halfmonth.jpg

Edited by Swooping

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

• Administrators

Looks great swoop, how do you rate Dr. Doganay? Still up in the air about who to go to next.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks excellent, Swooping. You must be elated with that result :). What made you decide FUE over FUT? How do you feel about your donor now that it's been 8+ months--any density concerns after having ~3K extracted?

Thanks Windjammer, I sure am :). I find FUE overall superior to FUT. It's less invasive, has less downtime, no linear scar. I don't see how I would benefit from having a FUT when I have the option to go for a FUE.

My donor is fine. I have no density concerns but it has taken a hit for sure though. If I'll ever have a subsequent procedure I'll need to leave the most areas alone where extractions have taken place.

Looking real sharp! I think your hair characteristics and color compliment your skin tone. What product(s) do you use to style it?

Thanks NoTakeBacks, I use "parucci funky styler". It's a strong matte wax.

affinage-funky-styler-75ml-goedkoop-bij-haarboetie.jpg

Looks great swoop, how do you rate Dr. Doganay? Still up in the air about who to go to next.

"What I find interesting is not the hairline design but the hairline direction. I've seen few cases where the natural flow of directional transitions is properly recreated but it appears that Dr. Doganay has done just that. Well done by the doctor and congratulations to you."

This is a comment from a guy on my 2 week post op pictures who has been in this industry for many years and has stand for years besides Hasson & Wong and also worked for Rahal. I think that says a lot.

This brings me to my next point. On a artistic level I feel he is incredible. Personally I find that he has an awesome touch of recreating a natural appearance of the hair. That is based on the online results that I have seen.

He came over to me as a confident ethical down to earth guy who doesn't care that much about money. A while ago when I e-mailed them about the lack of growth of one side they said that I should wait and if I was still unhappy at the 1 year mark that I could come in for a small touch up for free.

I do think they should keep a sharp eye though in regards to some aspects. For instance I have told them in person I didn't like a particular case of them where they had a long surgery day with a high graft count and so a high out of body time for the grafts. I mean they are busy I do understand that but quantity should not come over quality.

Technician involvement is important too but this accounts for every doctor that uses technicians, I want a skilled technician if he is going to be involved in my surgery. On that note I will add the name of the technician who did my extractions if I find out what his name is (forgot about that totally). It should be overall more clear in my opinion which technician(s) are involved if results are posted.

That said I personally find him to be 1st tier for FUE worldwide pretty much and at the top of Turkey with Erdogan.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube