Are we being over charged for this service ?

Are we being over charged for hair transplantts?

How much have you spent thus far in the quest for more hair?

How much are you prepared to pay?

What do you think you should be paying?

Where would you be prepared to travel to in order to save money?

What do you think should happen within the industry to lower cost for the consumer?

Do you think drs are uncaring in demanding the price they do?

Do you think drs should drop prices if they indeed do have our best interest at heart?

Have a good day and I look forward to the forth coming responses to these questions

No I do not believe we are being overcharged. (Unless you're talking about FUE in the US, then yes) There are many affordable options for HT surgery, but it depends on what affordable means to you.

Doctors are running a business and their goal is to maximize profits. More importantly, like any other professional, you should be charging what you think you are worth. If you feel you're not getting compensated fairly, you will not be passionate and do a good job.

I know this will open me up to all kinds of abuse but I have in the last hour booked my flights to go to maral early march.Cheap as can be and yes ko I agree there are some belting deals about and demistoy was a real contender for my ht as I think he's doing some excellent work and I would definitely say a yes to his inclusion in the recommended drs list.

I even messaged bill the other day and said as much after he asked me to.

Civas in Turkey, chueco in Argentina there's a lot of undiscovered talent that needs more attention.

Would be interesting to see a vet like scar5 give his answers to the questions I posed in the first post.

Have a good day

It's certainly is unusual pricing.

In Turkey and India you can get FUE equivalent to $1 per graft (even manually extracted FUE) versus in excess of/exceeding $6 per graft through heavily marketed and advertised clinics.

Some clinics jack up their rates due to such response. I think Dr. Erdogan was $2 per graft like 3 years back? Now look at his rates. Then you have Dr. Karadeniz who is around $1 per graft today. Then you have Dr. Keser who raised his up to over 3.5 Euro. Then you have an Indian doc offerring $1 per graft fue. Take a look at how much Dr. Bhatti charges for Manual non automated FUE. Take a look at Dr. De Reys pricing for manual non automated FUE. He is cheap too.

I am starting to think, based on the low quality and sub par results by some higher charging clinics, a patients financial security is important. Clinics that have had such cases usually tell the patient to wait up to like 18-24 months for changes. I havent heard of such cases being refunded but rather being forced to repair by same doctor to attempt to repair tge situation. At such high fue rates, that would be a heavy financial loss. Especially even if a repair does doesnot work out. The higher FUE rates ones may not even have complete doctor participation during surgery.

Now, if you go to a cheaper doc, you can mitigate your losses if it does not work and even try another doc. Whats crazy is even the cheaper clinics offer touchups if things do not work out. But you are not left with a heavier financial loss.

You get what you pay for. In Europe, India, Turkey, you heave more financial leverage and security it seems.

Overcharging? I hope this doesn't become a pissing/name calling match in any way. First off if you are talking about America.....You have complete freedom to go or do anything you want period. Don't like it don't get it. Why or how much does it cost? The building, equipment, large staff (which is much more than the team of techs), insurance, continued training, taxes, advertising (including forum advertising), and memberships. These are just a few expenses that a clinic must pay. For example when you get your auto worked on for a $100 a hour. Does your mechanic get the $100? My grandfather was a physician. He sacrificed a lot to become one. They don't go to school for two years. I don't know where you get this notion that a Dr. is uncaring and greedy, just trying to line ones pocket. We can have a discussion on prices but.... Greedy and uncaring? I noticed you have put this in a few posts. My grandfather put in way more hours than anyone else in the family. Always on call and answering questions around the clock. There is a lot easier ways to earn money. He also gave away a lot of free service and to charity. How much should a Dr. earn in your opinion? How much should you earn in your profession? I could probably make a argument. Sure you can go overseas. Your free choice. I have nothing against overseas clinics. I'm sure they have just as qualified clinics also. I can guarantee that it is more expensive to operate a clinic in the US. I chose to have my procedure done in the US. I feel I got what I payed for. I was home the next day. My time is worth money also. If one thinks we are "suckers" in a way, to have a US procedure. I could care less. Sure.... In my opinion a Dr. should earn a good wage for what they put into it. If you got burned with a past procedure, it would be totally unfair to lump everyone together. Ya that's my rant.;)

Edited by Squatch

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

If you think you are being overcharged for a HT, makes sure that you did your homework and you get it right the first time. The real fun begins when you try and get it fixed. When you are unhappy with the result of a bad HT, you will pay just about anything to get it looking right again.

That said, I'm very happy to see lower prices overseas, whether it be in Turkey or India or elsewhere in the world. Everything is more expensive in the United States, and if there is not competition to force prices to lower here, they won't. If doctors could get away with raising the prices every year, they would. Only if the "free market" forces a price reduction because consumers are looking elsewhere will we see a shift in what we pay for these surgeries.

I'm pulling for the continued success of clinics that do more affordable work. Competition is the only thing that will cause a drop in prices for consumers in the U.S.

You speak of hair transplantation as though it were a fungible commodity. It isn't. It is a cosmetic surgery. The best at it will, and should, command higher fees. Also -- and don't get upset -- I know that Maral's rep denies that the clinic's low pricing for FUE reflects the delegation of these procedures to technicians, but I find that hard to believe.

The higher costs of conducting business in some countries, and in certain states/provinces within those countries, will also be reflected in pricing. In New York City, for example, fees for cosmetic surgeries generally are higher than in other parts of the country due to the higher costs of doing business.

Even within a city like New York, fees charged by various cosmetic surgeons for the same procedure vary widely, yet the most expensive cosmetic surgeons are also the busiest. Why? Because their clientele perceive that they are worth it. Such is the market for professional services, be it doctors, lawyers, decorators, tax accountants, artists, coaches, actors, contractors, or what have you. Excellence generates demand and a willingness by the customer to pay more for that professional's services.

Good luck with your transplant!

Edited by PupDaddy
typo

Hello squatch.

I am not saying they are all uncaring and greedy and I posed the questions to see what others had to say on the matter.

My wife works in management within the NHS in the uk where everyone is entitled to free healthcare. She's a very caring individual but is tottaly disillusioned with it as some 10 years ago general practice ( local doctors) in which she works changed were by they became self employed and she has witnessed a massive change whereby most practices focus more on money than on patient care.

She has worked in six places in her 25 year career and can remember all to well the way things used to be where patient care was the number one priority but a lot of the time it is not the case.

There are obviously a awful lot of medical staff that are caring in the uk about 2000 medical staff volunteered to go out to fight Ebola in Africa so its obvious a lot still care.

The NHS in the uk is creeking at the seams and in some parts ready for collapse due to his management and government budget cuts.Then its revealed some drs provided to the NHS by agencys earn three times more than the dr employed by the nhs. They don't apply for a nhs drs vacancy and choose to work for the agencys milking the NHS funds and creating huge financial strain on the NHS .

Like I say some are takers and some are givers is just the takers seem to be growing in number.

Have a nice day

I don't know where you get this notion that a Dr. is uncaring and greedy, just trying to line ones pocket. We can have a discussion on prices but.... Greedy and uncaring? I noticed you have put this in a few posts. My grandfather put in way more hours than anyone else in the family. Always on call and answering questions around the clock. There is a lot easier ways to earn money. He also gave away a lot of free service and to charity. How much should a Dr. earn in your opinion? How much should you earn in your profession?.;)

Thank you for the good luck.

What gets me with not just ht but most things were money can be made people are prepared to go to all lengths to get a slice of the pie.

Example and true. During the second world war my ex bosses grandad had a shitty bit of land that even sheep did not want to graze.One day it dawned on him the land was full of something that he could sell Bull rushes to make reefs.

Thats what they did they made them themselves and made so muchmoney selling to the bereaved the family moved to Australia and bought a farm there.Could you do that? I myself could not.

The cost of living in some countries is so cheap that we used to have retired people go to Spain or warmer climates during the harsh uk winter and have like a three months holiday at no extra than they might spend at home.

Other than Lorenzo are there any other good Spanish drs?

But with the euro zone in crisis Turkey is pulling away in pricing regarding ht.

Have a good day

You speak of hair transplantation as though it were a fungible commodity. It isn't. It is a cosmetic surgery. The best at it will, and should, command higher fees. Also -- and don't get upset -- I know that Maral's rep denies that the clinic's low pricing for FUE reflects the delegation of these procedures to technicians, but I find that hard to believe.

The higher costs of conducting business in some countries, and in certain states/provinces within those countries, will also be reflected in pricing. In New York City, for example, fees for cosmetic surgeries generally are higher than in other parts of the country due to the higher costs of doing business.

Even within a city like New York, fees charged by various cosmetic surgeons for the same procedure vary widely, yet the most expensive cosmetic surgeons are also the busiest. Why? Because their clientele perceive that they are worth it. Such is the market for professional services, be it doctors, lawyers, decorators, tax accountants, artists, coaches, actors, contractors, or what have you. Excellence generates demand and a willingness by the customer to pay more for that professional's services.

Good luck with your transplant!

Overcharging? I hope this doesn't become a pissing/name calling match in any way. First off if you are talking about America.....You have complete freedom to go or do anything you want period. Don't like it don't get it. Why or how much does it cost? The building, equipment, large staff (which is much more than the team of techs), insurance, continued training, taxes, advertising (including forum advertising), and memberships. These are just a few expenses that a clinic must pay. For example when you get your auto worked on for a $100 a hour. Does your mechanic get the $100? My grandfather was a physician. He sacrificed a lot to become one. They don't go to school for two years. I don't know where you get this notion that a Dr. is uncaring and greedy, just trying to line ones pocket. We can have a discussion on prices but.... Greedy and uncaring? I noticed you have put this in a few posts. My grandfather put in way more hours than anyone else in the family. Always on call and answering questions around the clock. There is a lot easier ways to earn money. He also gave away a lot of free service and to charity. How much should a Dr. earn in your opinion? How much should you earn in your profession? I could probably make a argument. Sure you can go overseas. Your free choice. I have nothing against overseas clinics. I'm sure they have just as qualified clinics also. I can guarantee that it is more expensive to operate a clinic in the US. I chose to have my procedure done in the US. I feel I got what I payed for. I was home the next day. My time is worth money also. If one thinks we are "suckers" in a way, to have a US procedure. I could care less. Sure.... In my opinion a Dr. should earn a good wage for what they put into it. If you got burned with a past procedure, it would be totally unfair to lump everyone together. Ya that's my rant.;)

Did you choose to read the post before going on your rant? The OP is not from the USA and he is not going to a USA doctor. Anyways, in America, FUE is overpriced. If you wanted to say it is overpriced because of the high standard, you'd be badly mistaken as most of the better surgeons have built their careers doing FUT and have far less experience with FUE, essentially paying a higher price for a lower product.

Did you choose to read the post before going on your rant? The OP is not from the USA and he is not going to a USA doctor. Anyways, in America, FUE is overpriced. If you wanted to say it is overpriced because of the high standard, you'd be badly mistaken as most of the better surgeons have built their careers doing FUT and have far less experience with FUE, essentially paying a higher price for a lower product.

Here we go again.....I have no idea where he is from. I don't know where your from. He asked about uncaring doctors. YOU said the US is overpriced. I also made a statement on that. So yes I read the post. Did you read mine? I don't give a care where you get your hair transplant. Go save some money. But you want a opinion I will give it. I read yours. PLEASE show me my quote where I talked about standards. Please highlight it for me. I talked about cost of running a business in America or anywhere for that matter. At what point can someone not make a decision if they want a FUT or a FUE? Ya I live in America I chose FUT. I paid for what I wanted.

Edited by Squatch

Hello squatch.

I am not saying they are all uncaring and greedy and I posed the questions to see what others had to say on the matter.

My wife works in management within the NHS in the uk where everyone is entitled to free healthcare. She's a very caring individual but is tottaly disillusioned with it as some 10 years ago general practice ( local doctors) in which she works changed were by they became self employed and she has witnessed a massive change whereby most practices focus more on money than on patient care.

She has worked in six places in her 25 year career and can remember all to well the way things used to be where patient care was the number one priority but a lot of the time it is not the case.

There are obviously a awful lot of medical staff that are caring in the uk about 2000 medical staff volunteered to go out to fight Ebola in Africa so its obvious a lot still care.

The NHS in the uk is creeking at the seams and in some parts ready for collapse due to his management and government budget cuts.Then its revealed some drs provided to the NHS by agencys earn three times more than the dr employed by the nhs. They don't apply for a nhs drs vacancy and choose to work for the agencys milking the NHS funds and creating huge financial strain on the NHS .

Like I say some are takers and some are givers is just the takers seem to be growing in number.

Have a nice day

Good luck on your HT. I wish the best. I'm glad you are choosing what fits yours needs. I think we would be all better without the bureaucracy in the medical field. If you ask most in America, the reason for high prices is government and the chance of being sued. I don't disagree with most of what you stated. Just giving an opinion. :o

Actually, Europe is probably more expensive to do business. The US is quite cheap, especially outside of the major cities.

I understand Europe is expensive. I lived there for four years. Almost all the the Hair clinics are in major cities either way. You can throw in the exchange rate into mix as well. He said he is headed South though. Like I stated I have no issue with overseas clinics. You will never find a post with me attacking another Dr or their country. Where are you located?

And I appreciate your opinions squatch.

We are not all going to Agee all the time if we did we would all be going to one doc.

I appreciate all I have which is not much but I am just about tottaly content with my life having got more than I ever dreamt of with two wonderful kids and a brilliant wife.

Hopefully I will get a good results at a price I'm prepared to pay as to this point I never had a ht for one reason and its because I felt selfish.

I have had the money in the past but I would rather suffer myself rather than my family and I'm honestly glad I did its made me a lot better person I think.

We pay our money however much that maybe but none of us have a gaunteed good result so at that point we are all in the same boat.

I honestly dispair for the future that my children have to live in I honestly think that its a more selfish society were people chase money and others have to endure hardship for their actions.

I really like the Charlie Chaplin speech in the film the great dictator as I think in parts its almost phothetic and tried to steer us away from today 70 years later.

Live and let live is my motto.

Have a good day

Good luck on your HT. I wish the best. I'm glad you are choosing what fits yours needs. I think we would be all better without the bureaucracy in the medical field. If you ask most in America, the reason for high prices is government and the chance of being sued. I don't disagree with most of what you stated. Just giving an opinion. :o

How many HT doctors are you aware of that have been successfully sued for malpractice in the United States? Can you name a single one? Also, there are practically no regulations on HT's in the United States, it is, and always has been, Caveat emptor.

Caveat emptor had to look that one up but that would be a dream, What a gauntee that would be? You have your ht and if your happy say 18 months later you pay.

Have a good day

How many HT doctors are you aware of that have been successfully sued for malpractice in the United States? Can you name a single one? Also, there are practically no regulations on HT's in the United States, it is, and always has been, Caveat emptor.

And I appreciate your opinions squatch.

We are not all going to Agee all the time if we did we would all be going to one doc.

I appreciate all I have which is not much but I am just about tottaly content with my life having got more than I ever dreamt of with two wonderful kids and a brilliant wife.

Hopefully I will get a good results at a price I'm prepared to pay as to this point I never had a ht for one reason and its because I felt selfish.

I have had the money in the past but I would rather suffer myself rather than my family and I'm honestly glad I did its made me a lot better person I think.

We pay our money however much that maybe but none of us have a gaunteed good result so at that point we are all in the same boat.

I honestly dispair for the future that my children have to live in I honestly think that its a more selfish society were people chase money and others have to endure hardship for their actions.

I really like the Charlie Chaplin speech in the film the great dictator as I think in parts its almost phothetic and tried to steer us away from today 70 years later.

Live and let live is my motto.

Have a good day

Well I agree with what you saying. Same boat as you but.... I have one child.:D

Well if you Google it.... 209,000 results come up. :confused: It is not how many anyways. You still have to buy malpractice insurance $$$$. I never have been in a auto accident but I've payed well over the price of a new car for policies in my lifetime.

Well if you Google it.... 209,000 results come up. :confused: It is not how many anyways. You still have to buy malpractice insurance $$$$. I never have been in a auto accident but I've payed well over the price of a new car for policies in my lifetime.

We are indeed in the same boat I have two cars to insure but unfortunately for me my wife feels compelled to crash into anything and everything so insurance has always been expensive.

I f my wife says anything about my ht maybe I'll say I could of had one years ago if I hadn't had to spend lots of money on car insurance!

Apart from that she's a wonderful woman.

Have a good evening.

I agree with several of the prior posts. We are paying more in the US for FUE and the results are not on par with the top European surgeons.

The clinics in the US know that travel is a major issue for most Americans. Americans generally don't travel outside of the US even for vacations and typically have limited time off from work which limits our options. The clinics and surgeons are aware of this and their high FUE rates are reflective.

The cost of running a clinic in Europe is typically higher than in the US. My brother is a physician and ran a clinic in Norway for two years and in the US going on five years. The expense in Norway was far greater than his expenses here in the states. This is an isolated scenario but an example no less.

I think until more patients start electing to have their work done overseas we aren't going to see a major drop in pricing structure in the states. I personally wouldn't have an issue paying a little more if the results supported the increased pricing in the US. This just isn't the case presently and the US surgeons have a lot of ground to make up to be considered elite FUE. How many solid 4000-5000k FUE cases are we seeing? A couple every week it seems. What about a solid 4000-5000K FUE case in the US? These are quite rare from my research.

Most FUE work being done in the states is also being done by the techs with multiple procedures going on. Despite all of these we are still stuck paying $5-$10/ per graft in the US!?!

This is quite frustrating and I hope that this changes in the near future!