6 month results from FUE 2200 grafts with Dr Feriduni

ezel

I'm 2 days away from my 6 month mark. I'm 35 and have been on propecia and rogaine for 8-9 years prior to procedure. For about 6-7 of those years things were very stable but over the past few years genetics took over and things progressed. Did about 2-3 years of lurking/research and finally narrowed it down to Dr Feriduni. Big thanks to SPEX for helping me out in that regards. Travelled from the states to Belgium which was a fun experience in itself. Not sure how to gauge the results. From the start I do believe my expectations were very realistic. Wanted to get everyones take on how things are going. I did think things would be a little better by now but I guess it is what it is. I'll post the pre opp taken at clinic, 2day, 5day and todays pic. I have taken pics along the way thus if people feel those are needed i'd be more then happy to post more.

DSC_2736.jpg.53a4400087ef7040bdbf18c1aa5ba76d.jpg

5b32e4505be5c_day2.jpg.26eaf768399275d8b6b69081ec1c00b2.jpg

5b32e4506c071_day5.jpg.e42ac0fc9a12e4cbea2d90be5f710cb0.jpg

DSC_2734.jpg.13d56e7e119d6dcb979539e27792e6d8.jpg

5b32e45088a09_month6a.jpg.19a964b5282f0a209b49c5097411ca5c.jpg

Keep an eye on this. Communicate this initial concern to the surgeon in writing nowif you havent. Wait until the 9 month mark, and then escalate your concerns with the clinic for a remedy (if needsd).

9 month mark is more a clearer indication of how things will turn out.

By analyzing the quality of Dr. feridunis work, i'd think you are safe still. Just hang on another three months to see how it goes as things may improve satisfactorily.

Good luck and best wishes on your restoration goals.

Thanks for the message Sean. I did email the doc and received a message from a staff member that he said things look fine and to check back in with them around month 8. I'll update the thread at 1 month intervals from here on out as well. Hope for the best from here.

I would hope for better right now also, but you could be a late grower. Hang in there.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would hope for better right now also, but you could be a late grower. Hang in there.

I would hope the same, and possible but slow growers are generally,

1- Older ages,

2- Long standing total baldness,

3- Top crown area transplant

4- Racially poor donors (Indians, central Asians people)

5- Major FUE operations over large areas with more than 4000 grafts.

Caucosian, front area transplant, young age, incomplete hair loss over transplanted area, all favorable conditions; the growing shouldhave been much better at 6th mos. If I am not wrong with the pictures, there is still almost nothing here. Looks like after 3rd mos.

Anyway, lets wait and see 9th mos.

You arent wrong.-----The pics do show very little growth. I contacted the doc and he said that everything is looking normal for the current time postop. I felt I'd see a little more. I did take pics at month intervals and there is some improvement month to month but not enough to write home about. Guess waiting it all I can do!! Who knows-maybe I'll be the docs first bad outcome. ...Or maybe not. Keeping positive thought about the whole thing. I am in the medical profession myself and occasionally things don't go as wel plan. We do remedy them when it happens though but I'm not sure I wanna go through the whole process again.

You arent wrong.-----The pics do show very little growth. I contacted the doc and he said that everything is looking normal for the current time postop. I felt I'd see a little more. I did take pics at month intervals and there is some improvement month to month but not enough to write home about. Guess waiting it all I can do!! Who knows-maybe I'll be the docs first bad outcome. ...Or maybe not. Keeping positive thought about the whole thing. I am in the medical profession myself and occasionally things don't go as wel plan. We do remedy them when it happens though but I'm not sure I wanna go through the whole process again.

I recommend you forget about your HT for the next 3 months, do not even check it monthly, just check 3 months later and compare if there is considerable progress after 6th mos, then you can decide better.

Please post new pict. 3 months later, we will wonder about you.

Haha. Sounds good graved11gger. I'll post back in a few months. If things do pick up I'm the next 1-2 months I'll let you know. I'm heading to South Africa for the month of March on holiday so that will be a good time to forget and just live life.

Haha. Sounds good graved11gger. I'll post back in a few months. If things do pick up I'm the next 1-2 months I'll let you know. I'm heading to South Africa for the month of March on holiday so that will be a good time to forget and just live life.

Good plan. I agree just putting it all aside for a bit and trying not to obsess on the speed/rate of growth will do you (and your psyche) lots of favors. And a trip to South Africa sounds like just the right plan to be able to do this.

I think most of us would've hoped to have seen more growth than you've seen at the 6 month mark, but all hope is not lost. Hoping for the best for you. We'll look forward to your update in a few months. Unless of course you just happen to wake up next week with a full head of hair.... In which case post pics asap so we can all marvel at your sudden, rapid growth. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 5 months later...
I posted an update and there is a long thread. Just look for year update. Long story short though it wasn't a success...

Thanks a lot for the update Ezel. Very sad to know that it didnt work out as expected even when you took all the care. I wish you all the best and hopefully things would turn out great in future.

I think you had yours done a couple of days after mine Ezel if I remember rightly. Must be really gutting for you but Dr Feriduni is a great guy so I'm sure he will fix this for you. im happy with my growth but I've had terrible pain in my donor and I'm now 11 months post op and it's not going. I've tried everything but it's burning and having those electric shock type pains and is very very sore. I'm just praying it goes because no one has a clue what's going on. I've got some tablets from my GP today which treat nerve pain so I'm going to see if that helps. Good luck with your follow up procedure I'm sure you'll get the result you want.

I would hope the same, and possible but slow growers are generally,

1- Older ages,

2- Long standing total baldness,

3- Top crown area transplant

4- Racially poor donors (Indians, central Asians people)

5- Major FUE operations over large areas with more than 4000 grafts.

Caucosian, front area transplant, young age, incomplete hair loss over transplanted area, all favorable conditions; the growing shouldhave been much better at 6th mos. If I am not wrong with the pictures, there is still almost nothing here. Looks like after 3rd mos.

Anyway, lets wait and see 9th mos.

I am 52, with dark hair and very light skin caucasion. My hair loss started to show when i was around 39. Will I be candidate for slow growth if doing HT?

I am 52, with dark hair and very light skin caucasion. My hair loss started to show when i was around 39. Will I be candidate for slow growth if doing HT?

Hi kensington, This is a good question. Post it again as a new thread and you'll get some solid answers.