Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We’d like to gather your input and opinions regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Kapil Dua of India on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Dua is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Kapil Dua has over 7 years of experience and performs exclusive hair transplant surgery at his own clinic in India. He specializes in both FUT/strip surgery and FUE and performs other hair restoration procedures such as BHT (body hair transplantation), eyebrow reconstruction, repair procedures, etc. He also provides free in-depth consultations and prescriptions for Propecia.

Dr. Dua uses all the most advanced techniques and tools at his clinic to ensure that his patients obtain the best results. He has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions exceeding 3000 grafts via strip when appropriate for the patient and operates on only one patient per day. His FUE sessions are typically smaller and range between 2000 to 2500 grafts in a single day.

Dr. Kapil Dua is very active in teaching which includes giving lectures related to hair restoration worldwide. He is highly respected amongst his colleagues and has either led or attended dozens of hair restoration related workshops. In fact, all the input we received privately by physicians currently recommended on the Hair Transplant Network regarding his potential inclusion has been overwhelmingly supportive.

Dr. Dua uses singled hair grafts for the critical hairline areas in order to recreate a natural looking appearance and uses minimally invasive blades as small as 0.8mm to maximize density and reduce trauma to the scalp. Dr. Dua uses dense packing up to 55/60 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient. All donor extractions and recipient incisions are performed by the physician and grafts are cut/trimmed when appropriate and carefully placed into tiny recipient sites by his experienced staff of ten.

Dr. Dua uses the Harris Powered SAFE scribe for harvesting the donor area via FUE and uses minimally invasive punches as low as .8mm to reduce trauma and resultant scarring to the skin. Dr. Dua makes all the incisions and his experienced team uses forceps and needles for implantation. Follicular units are stored using a Ringer Lactate solution and are only kept outside of the body for approximately one hour in order to minimize dehydration to the follicles.

Dr. Dua views both FUT/strip and FUE as complementary procedures that work harmoniously for the long term benefit of the patient. Dr. Kapil Dua feels that a well done FUE procedure is as good as strip however, surgeons and their team must be more careful when handling the grafts and less hair can be moved in a single day.

Dr. Dua is a member of many professional organizations including the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery), AHRS (Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons), AAHRS (Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons), ACSI (Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India), IMA (India Medical Association) and the AOI (Association of Otolaryngologist of India).

Given Dr. Dua's experience in performing state of the art hair transplant surgery and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. Dua has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Some of Dr. Dua's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

2500 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Dua

6000 Grafts via FUE over 2 Session with Dr. Dua

3100 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Dua

5500 Grafts via Strip over 2 Session with Dr. Dua

2200 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Dua

2800 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Dua

1500 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Dua

2300 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Dua

5200 Grafts via FUE over 2 Sessions with Dr. Dua

Dr. Dua and Staff Performing FUE

Dr. Dua and Staff Performing FUT/Strip

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks to everyone who has provided their private feedback. I also encourage anyone who would like to provide their input publicly to do so on this topic.

Thank you advance for your valuable input,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello bill I hope your well.

Why would people feel the need to private message you regarding this?

If it is something relevant to whether dr dua is recommended surely we should all be privy to the information should we not?

It might have a baring on our decision.

Have a nice day

Thanks to everyone who has provided their private feedback. I also encourage anyone who would like to provide their input publicly to do so on this topic.

Thank you advance for your valuable input,

Bill

Ok. Here is my honest assessment.

It's the Dr. great? Imo, not. He has some hits and he has some misses. The corners are too harsh. He did a 26 year old patient and have him a fairly low hair line and it looked kind of harsh and crafted. He gets good yield on fue and strip.

Should he be recommended? Idk. It depends on what the bar is. I'd he a Bisanga, Feridini, Konior, Gabel, Cooley, Shapiro, Rahal, H and W, etc when talking about artistry? No. But he's not going to put multi fu plugs in your hair line either. It's just a case again of what is the site looking to be. Imo, in the last few years we have picked up some docs that can ruin with the above guys and we've picked up some guys who can't. I think it's up to the admins and the posters to ask themselves if this is a place for all-stars, major league players, or for guys that can hit pretty well.

Based on the photos, he's not bad, very respectable yield, but I would not personally recommend him to a friend needing work.

That's my honest opinion and that's all it is, so take it for what it's worth.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1966kph,

In addition to this topic we garner input from our recommended physicians and send out a newsletter. We received a number of private responses to the newsletter from bith patients and physicians. All if the input was positive.

Dr. Dua seems to be highly respected amongst his peers and leads many workshops and educational seminars. He has also been commended in his results.

I look forward to more input.

Best wishes,

Bill

Spanker,

Keep in mind that he is only being considered for recommendation at this time not Coalition membership. All the physicians you listed are Coalition members which is the next tier up in providing world class ultra refined results. I believe Dr. Dua is doing highly refined work. However, I'd want to see more before considering him for the Coalition.

Best,

Bill

Well results are average , but I would not recommend this doc, to any of my friend or anybody!

In India, I think Dr.Radha is really great surgeon, followed by Bhatti

Edited by Rawkerboi

He is very average. I agree with several of the other posts I would not recommend him to a friend.

I agree with the nay sayers!

Not enough quality in his work. Look up his website. A doctor will never post his worst cases on his own website. You get what I mean?!

Also search the forum for patients posting results. There are none. Is there more to this recommendation than we know about Bill?

The following videos I searched in a 30 second search shed more light on the clinic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6j0S5nZ9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCUVuH3toYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOjQHSl95qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaGUm8iLU4'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaGUm8iLU4'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaGUm8iLU4'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaGUm8iLU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaGUm8iLU4

If you search some more you will meet quite a large number of disgruntled clients too. Try it !

All the best.

I appreciate what you are saying bill but we ask for transparency from clinics and i think there should be total transparency in respect to the recommendation process.

I think the current process could be altered to meet the demand for more transparency.

Private messages to admin should not have a baring in the final decision.

Private messages from other docs who may have a vested interest in whether the doc is or is not recommended should be in the public domain should they not.

Are docs in the states going to lose customers to a doc in India ? no i dont think they are.

Are docs in america going to lose customers to turkey? yes they have been going there in their droves.

The point im making is when it effects the business of docs already here that pay towards the up keep and running of this site, that pay wages to several people yourself included bill i would imagine they can and do influence the final decision.

I think that a thread should be started announcing the possible recommendation.

Then the decision is based solely on the input on the thread.

We post on the thread giving a explanation if we so wish into why or why not the doc should be recommended.

And cast our vote yeah or nay.

The votes should be tallied and majority rule should apply.

I also think that the people eligible to vote should have say been a member for six months or more to stop fake accounts being setup just to cast a vote..

Theres no transparency to this community with private messages.

This after all is meant to be the ~Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients not a place that has all kinds of things being said behind closed doors or in private messages under mining any kind of say we might THINK we have on influencing the decision.

We all know that the world over business influence and money are power and us citizens will probably never know what is done supposedly in our best interests but we never have a say because we dont even know about it.

Here is a speech which was relevant in its day 1940 but even more relevant today 75 years later

More transparency please for us the voters whos vote it is that is meant to count.

Have a nice weekend all

1966kph,

In addition to this topic we garner input from our recommended physicians and send out a newsletter. We received a number of private responses to the newsletter from bith patients and physicians. All if the input was positive.

Dr. Dua seems to be highly respected amongst his peers and leads many workshops and educational seminars. He has also been commended in his results.

I look forward to more input.

Best wishes,

Bill

Edited by 1966kph

I agree with with me not recommending him to a friend indeed id want to see more angled,wet before and after photos in order for me to recommend this doctor.

Im sure the patients are happy but for me the quality doesnt match the recommended docs on here imho.

I disagree with the guys saying he is "average" so he shouldn't be recommended. There are a lot of "average" surgeons recommended here, I would say the majority of the surgeons on this site are "OK". and I would personally consider only 2-3 of them. It is not fair to compare every guy to Konior or Bisanga, as not every guy on here compares well to them either.

I think you misunderstood Bill. We don't ask that anyone purposely respond privately. Nor has he received any private information that wouldn't be shared publicly. When a new physician is considered for recommendation, we do the following: 1. We discuss it as administrators. Generally, this does happen via email exchanges simply because it's the way we communicate. 2. If we feel comfortable and think the work is good enough for consideration, we make a "potential recommendation" thread and ask the community to share input - keep in mind, this is after the physician was invited to share cases on the community. 3. Bill sends out a mass email to all of our recommended physicians asking for their input. He always shares a link to the forum thread in the email.

Most, however, don't have the time - or don't want to spend it online - to come to the forums and share their opinion, so they just quickly hit "reply" and share a few thoughts with Bill via the email. This is what he was referring to above when discussing the "private feedback." It's nothing secretive; the doctor's simply shared their input via email instead of posting it on the forums.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

In my opinion, I don't think this Dr. should be recommended. I would not recommend him to a friend, and his results posted do not impress me.

You were right in your assumption blake I did somewhat misunderstand.

If the consulting physician does reply I still think that their input should then be posted to the thread so we all have all information available then there is no room for any misunderstanding.

Thank you for the response and by the way did you watch the video I linked?

Have a nice weekend.

I think you misunderstood Bill. We don't ask that anyone purposely respond privately. Nor has he received any private information that wouldn't be shared publicly. When a new physician is considered for recommendation, we do the following: 1. We discuss it as administrators. Generally, this does happen via email exchanges simply because it's the way we communicate. 2. If we feel comfortable and think the work is good enough for consideration, we make a "potential recommendation" thread and ask the community to share input - keep in mind, this is after the physician was invited to share cases on the community. 3. Bill sends out a mass email to all of our recommended physicians asking for their input. He always shares a link to the forum thread in the email.

Most, however, don't have the time - or don't want to spend it online - to come to the forums and share their opinion, so they just quickly hit "reply" and share a few thoughts with Bill via the email. This is what he was referring to above when discussing the "private feedback." It's nothing secretive; the doctor's simply shared their input via email instead of posting it on the forums.

I appreciate everyone's input on this topic. I see that there are a lot of people who feel that he should not be approved for recommendation. However, nobody is really giving me a solid reason why? In my opinion, his work and results are solid and on par with other doctors recommended by this community. To compare him to physician members of the Coalition at this point doesn't seem fair. Remember he is only being considered for recommendation.

Regarding transparency, our recommendation process is transparent. However, we can't force everyone to provide public feedback. Members are welcome to share their input either publicly or privately. A lot goes into prescreening a physician. This topic invites members to weigh in, which is part of what we do when considering a doctor. But it's not the only feedback we consider.

Physician feedback is also very important which is why we also poll physican members of our community. Big names like Dr. Harris, Dr. Devroye, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Mohebi and others all supported his inclusion with a resounding yes!

Every doctor has cases of less than optimal growth however, most of the cases I've seen from this physician looks solid and is on par with other physicians recommended by this community.

I encourage everyone to look through each result including the postoperative pictures he's preselted which show his refined technique.

Best wishes,

Bill

From what I have seen I am still on the fence although I think I would come down on the side of a yes.

There are recommended docs here that I would not recommend and others who are not recommended that I would.

So my proposition that the votes should be cast on this thread,then tallied and result should be based this way were we can all see the numbers is a no go then I presume? If so why could it not just come down to a simple vote yes or no?

Just about all democracy works this way with the votes counted under supervision.

Is this decision a foregone conclusion and dr dua is already basically recommended all be it unannounced yet?

Mmmmmm!

Have a good day

I think in this case, the quote "follow your gut" comes into play. I've had some bad feelings about physicians in the past and despite what appeared to be quality on the outside, my gut feeling told me not to proceed. It turned out later, I was right and I was glad I never presented them. In this case, my gut instinct says to give him a chance. But his continued recommendation will be contingent upon him continuing to present examples of his results.

The one thing I really like about Dr. Dua is that he's highly academic and dedicated to higher education. He's either attended or led dozens of workshops and gives lectures around the world on state of the art hair restoration. His technique and procedure is also very refined using blades as small as .8mm which is on par with other leading surgeons recommended by this community.

Based on everything I've seen and heard, including all the positive feedback we received from big name physicians recommended by this community, my gut instinct says to give him a chance.

Bill

1966kph,

If there are physicians you would recommend that are not on the list, please send me a private message with their names. I'll be happy to reach out to them in order to learn more.

Best,

Bill

Hi bill,

Can i ask why dr de reys hasnt been recommended on this website? im currently considering him for a ht and just why hes work hasnt come up for potential recommendation? Of the work ive seem it looks good im my opinion hes definately worth considering. Id go out on the limb and say hes probably on the same par as this doctor being potentialy recommended if not imho even better then this doctor so im a bit confused as to why he hasnt do you not think hes work is good enough?

I have seen some nice results from dr de reys but have heard that on other forums were he had been held in high esteem this is no longer the case but that said I would like to see more of his work to judge better..

There are lots of undiscovered gems out there we just need to find them.

Have a good day

Yeah i agree maybe bill could suggest to his representative to post a whole bunch of photos so we can judge for ourselfs on this forum. From the little ive seen on this website it looks really good better then some recommended docs on here if im quit frank. I just dont get it is there something were missing or is he not being recommended because he got slated on the other forum. Which lets be fair all docs are going to get slated for one or two of there patients coz people want perfection and sometimes thats not possible i dont know i havent seen the other forum or what its called to comment on that so i dont know the reason why he got slated but hes work on this forum has imo been on par with the recommended doctors one here.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178210-patient-results-dr-dua-6000-grafts.html

Dr. Dua should clarify issues raised in this thread. (whether this patient had 2 or 3 sessions?) This was not a transparent presentation from a (potentially recommended) clinic. Honesty/transparency is more important than the results.

Bill: Dr. Dua views both FUT/strip and FUE as complementary procedures.

We all know that, the meaning of such a statement is that the clinic has experience on FUT but try to learn and practice FUE (FUE beginners), then I agree with KO on his comment "here are a lot of "average" surgeons recommended here,", so, Dr. Dua may be also recommended. And KO also said before that he could do FUE surgery, then he might also be considered as a recommended FUE surgeon here in soon time; seriously.

Bill: Dr. Dua uses dense packing up to 55/60 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient.

I recommend not to try this because very dense (unnecessary and also just wasting grafts over small areas) packing (too much incisions) might impair the blood supply of the transplanted area, then skin necrosis may develop. We have some examples for that here.

From an external link: (search Google:

Dr Kapil Dua said that he was really feeling proud that the honesty & research-orientation is what is paying AK Clinics and fetching attention from doctors allover the world. It is sheer our hard work & ethical conduct that made this possible.

He also said these days inexperienced & amateurs have started getting in the field and alluring patients with low, very low and further lower costs. He said that he frequently hears from patients that they have been committed 5000-6000 grafts from scalp by FUE, which is absolutely not recommended for the patient.

As I said before, honesty is more important than the results and Dr. Rua should also learn and accept that 5000-6000 grafts from scalp with FUE is possible with the current FUE techniques and provide great treatment when appropriate for the patients. (ie: for a patient with NW 6, 200 cm2 transplant area, and much more important than unnecessary dense packing with 55-60 grafts per cm2.

I have not understood yet whether Dr Rao is otolaryngologic surgeon or something else?, (about his specialty since there is no such a medical/ surgical branch as Hair Transplantation) and I am also confused about where he does his operations (in Dubai or India, in a branching HT centers??)

My vote? Who cares? Moderators have decided already. I congratulate Dr. Dua for his membership.