Dr Erdogan ASMED FUE - 5000 grafts -

BigP

Guys, I want to keep this page as a help source for others.

If you want to argue please take your argument to personal messages. If you can't be helpful or informative to the community then please don't post, as I want this page to help others, not become a typical internet argument.

the only one arguing here and running his mouth and insulting a world class HT doctor is gravedigger so if u have a problem with him then address him personally cause I've said nothing but positive things about ur results and ur doctor.:cool:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you please take you arguent with BUSA to a private message. I want this thread to be helpful to others who are interested in the experience rather than your argument about something different. Thanks

Surgeon?,:):), the great?? I checked and see he is just a medical practitioner who just completed medical school. Specialization in any surgical branches requires at least 6 years of surgical training after medical school.

He just can give prescription for the treatment of flu, can not do any operation legally

So, Erdogan / (also Doganay) = technician for hair transplant operations, you do accept this fact or not. In fact you look like hater of Erdogan with your IQ level as usual.

Ask him who signs under the operative notes, I mean who will pay back the money in case legal issues arise with the patients? Avoid him like a plaque or better have HT with him, then get your refund x10 for his illegal operation and illegal advertising methods.

Or take the hint?????

Can you please take you arguent with BUSA to a private message. I want this thread to be helpful to others who are interested in the experience rather than your argument about something different. Thanks

Sorry Big, but I afraid of closed doors, eveything sud be discussed in public, this is internet forum, free right to speech. I recommend you try search button about BUSA.

Here we (with BUSA) are providing help for the hair loss sufferers, genuine information, useful, may be even helpful for you in future.

u have the right to STFU and go away cause ur nothn but a troll.... the guy has GREAT results from a PROVEN surgeon and u do nothn but bash him.

Sorry Big, but I afraid of closed doors, eveything sud be discussed in public, this is internet forum, free right to speech. I recommend you try search button about BUSA.

Here we (with BUSA) are providing help for the hair loss sufferers, genuine information, useful, may be even helpful for you in future.

Big,

You said that you had 2 days of procedure to complete.

What about your experience with the 2nd day? Was it comfortable enough or harder compared the first day?

And, did the same technician extract the grafts the 2nd day? or anybody else?

Big,

You said that you had 2 days of procedure to complete.

What about your experience with the 2nd day? Was it comfortable enough or harder compared the first day?

And, did the same technician extract the grafts the 2nd day? or anybody else?

Hi,

yes second day was much harder as you are mentally and physically tired:

- Day 1 is very long, you will lose some blood from procedure, blood test etc. THen you have lots of medicine so you crash. Then I had trouble sleeping at night even with sleeping tablet as air pillow is uncomforable and it feels weird to sleep on the donor area.

- In the morning of day 2 I don't think I had a very good breakfast! So I was already tired from lack of sleep.Also they take some blood for PRP. Then I had an empty stomach by mid morning. I felt very dizzy and had to stop the procedure. After the anasthetic one of the team was pressing my head and it felt really claustrophobic. He was holding on to my head so that the tech can get the grafts out but I didn't like the feeling (not painful, just numbness). It was giving me a headache so I asked him to stop, had some water and food and felt much better, once he changed the position.

- Afternoon I had a head and foot massage and also watched movies, but I was getting bored and tired after so many hours

- However the teams were the same, same number of grafts etc. ASMED team were great, and they were always checking me to make sure I was fine and stopped when I wanted and gave me some painkillers, and moved the TV/ DVD collection around so I was entertained! I was even singing some Turkish songs in the afternoon!

- Summary; If you are going to do what I did over two days, I would say make sure you spend more time in bed after day 1 to get max amount of sleep beforehand. Also have a big breakfast with food like porridge or slow releasing energy food. Also prepare mentally for the length. You may think 10 hours will go quickly, but when you are there for the second day, your mind will be harder to entertain! Just get some good DVDs. Also make sure that you ask the team to stop whenever you feel dizzy. I was perhaps trying to be too macho and not ask for breaks but you can make it worse if you don't pace yourself.

But I was sooo happy when it was over!

Hi,

yes second day was much harder as you are mentally and physically tired:

- Day 1 is very long, you will lose some blood from procedure, blood test etc. THen you have lots of medicine so you crash. Then I had trouble sleeping at night even with sleeping tablet as air pillow is uncomforable and it feels weird to sleep on the donor area.

- In the morning of day 2 I don't think I had a very good breakfast! So I was already tired from lack of sleep.Also they take some blood for PRP. Then I had an empty stomach by mid morning. I felt very dizzy and had to stop the procedure. After the anasthetic one of the team was pressing my head and it felt really claustrophobic. He was holding on to my head so that the tech can get the grafts out but I didn't like the feeling (not painful, just numbness). It was giving me a headache so I asked him to stop, had some water and food and felt much better, once he changed the position.

My God, it looks terrific to have 2 days. If you had known this 5K grafts could be done in one day, would you prefer? and keep comfortable the 2nd day, just resting or enjoying city tour?

Ahhh, this experimental PRP therapy, big advertorial gimmick, did you pay extra for that?

My God, it looks terrific to have 2 days. If you had known this 5K grafts could be done in one day, would you prefer? and keep comfortable the 2nd day, just resting or enjoying city tour?

Ahhh, this experimental PRP therapy, big advertorial gimmick, did you pay extra for that?

I don't think it's possible to extract that many in one day, not just for the team, but also for y body.

PRP was ok, I got it for free as a courtesy due to a booking error that happened some time ago, which was nice. I would have paid for it as well.

I think 2 days was just right, gives you some time to go away and look at the progress and mentally prepare. We started at 7 and finished at 7 for 2500 grafts so don't think it would have been possible to do it properly in one day.

What a excellent write up ! great detail. The work looks top notch as can be expected. Im damn sure your going to get a great result.

2 Days must have been tough on you. 1 day is enough for me...

Thanks buddy, hoping for the best. Just glad to have got it over with and move on with life! Hope you have good results too!

Work looks good and I'm sure it will be a result that you are happy with. It's great that there's many options out there for hair loss sufferers, especially for those on the NW 4+ scales like you and I.

Just a couple of things for the benefit of others which I see you have already made a few comments on.

1) I think you used the travel pillow which you fill up with air. These types are probably the most uncomfortable due to their unflexible nature. I went for the travel pillows that are filled with some sort of soft fibre. These feel fairly sturdy but are quite supple and did aid me when sleeping upright for the first few days. I would recommend this kind over the air travel pillows.

2) Determining whether or not to tell your colleagues is a quite a dilemma. I told my manager and immediate colleagues on my team about my HT and they were generally supportive etc. but I felt that I couldn’t just tell them and leave it at that and needed to justify my reasons for wanting to do it and what the process entails etc. I also didn’t know what I would look like on my return so obviously didn’t want there to be any shocks if they saw me with a swollen forehead etc. I can honestly say that when I returned to work 15 or so days after my surgery none of my colleagues would have noticed even if I hadn’t told them, like most hair loss sufferers I used to have a buzz cut anyways so no obvious change in appearance. If I had known this from the start then I may not have mentioned anything to them at all. I’m sure that as my hair starts to grow again I may get some other colleagues questioning how my hair has managed to make a miraculous recovery but in my mind that is a lot more easier and happier story to tell.

HI all,

So I had my first day back at work today given that was a topic raised in this thread. So It has been 2 and half weeks since my hair transplant. Not much hair has fallen out but the donor area had grown back faster so I currently look like I have a prnounced horseshoe from the back but the hairline is still quite strong from the front.

I went to work today and was nervous before i walked in. I work with around 9 people so I went in early to make sure I got there first! Then as they came in one by one, I got their reaction and this was easier to manage than if I walked in and they all reacted at once. I think this was a particularly clever strategy if I do say so myself!

To my surprise they didnt react that strongly at all. I guess in our heads we build these situations up so much to a poitn where we think its such a huge story but not really. Some guy at work cut their hair short, is really what happened, it just so happened you are that guy!

It also helps if you have a few jokes handy. SOme people said hey, skinhead! I said yeh I am auditioning for the new Fast and Furious movie. Sometimes I said, yeh ,I am moonlighting as a bouncer and they insisted. To an Indian friend, I said yes I am auditioning for a role as a bollywood villian. It was easier if you become a part of joke than be all serious about it.

Somee senior people asked why I did it. I said I just hated managing my hair, it's simple.

My donor area was still red, and I had some dry skin from the HT which is naturual. I then told people it was due to sun burn. Again, unless you are considering a HT yourself, you wont really know what donor area is or what you went through! I just told everyone this is how I am keeping it from now on.

So luckily first day was fine, no funny comments, just back to normal, except I am no longer paranoid about how my nanogen hair fibres look.

GraveD11gger,

I have removed at least one of your posts because they are riddled with insulting messages. I've asked you before to be respectful to other members. If I have to warn you again, I will suspend your posting privileges.

Your cooperation is expected and appreciated,

Bill

Bill,

OK but I remember you have warned BUSA at least 3 times for that, this is just my first warning, anyway will be carefull with my friend BUSA.

Subtle yet solid strategy BigP!

Upon re-reading your posts, thought of getting your feedback on the following:

Does Radisson have reclining beds or seats, given the rest needed after first day of surgery (read your note above where you suggested rest to prepare for the second day)? That is assuming reclining beds are most optimum for rest immediately after procedures.

So it seems patients ought to sleep on their back first few nights using air pillow. Does the donor area make contact with any pillow/support or the head is supported only by back of the neck positioned on air pillow?

Does Radisson have reclining beds or seats, given the rest needed after first day of surgery (read your note above where you suggested rest to prepare for the second day)? That is assuming reclining beds are most optimum for rest immediately after procedures.

So it seems patients ought to sleep on their back first few nights using air pillow. Does the donor area make contact with any pillow/support or the head is supported only by back of the neck positioned on air pillow?

No it does not have reclining beds. I know that Doganay Clinic has hospital beds and that would be convienient. At Radission, I couldn't use the main pillows as they were too big and would hit the grafts. So I would use a small scatter cushion and then put the air pillow on top . It wasn't the most comfortable but I used pillows to tuck me in and the airpillow stopped me turning over. Given that I had 5000 grafts, some blood did come through the bandages and this went onto the airpillow and the cushion underneath. I apologised to the cleaner (but they understood as the hotel has lots of HT patients) and used a damp cloth to clean the airpillow. It is also hard to sleep with a raw donor area on the air pillow but you will get used to.

Unfortunately this is a part of the procedure and discomfort that will be unavoidable....

Sorry realised I didn't answer your second question. You actually have to rest your donor area on the air pillow. So that is where the discomfort comes in. In the first couple of days you still have anasthetic there so you wont feel too much pain. But yes, the whole weight of the head is on the donor area which rests of the air pillow. If you rest your neck then the crown will hit the pillow. So unvoidable really unless you sleep on a recliner. I think Erdogan has rooms in the clinic which may have those type of beds. If you book there, then I would suggest asking if they have that option to stay in the clinic.

Hope that answers the question

Thanks BigP,

Seems reclining bed is a good idea at least for the two consecutive days of surgeries, so I'm considering staying at the clinic those two days and then move to a more economic option afterwards.

I'm flying back on 5th day post surgery - wonder if its safe to wear hat by then (i know i've raised this question multiple times with other members:)? You stayed for about 10 days and I'm assuming you were wearing a hat during your sightseeing?!

HI all,

So I had my first day back at work today given that was a topic raised in this thread. So It has been 2 and half weeks since my hair transplant. Not much hair has fallen out but the donor area had grown back faster so I currently look like I have a prnounced horseshoe from the back but the hairline is still quite strong from the front.

I went to work today and was nervous before i walked in. I work with around 9 people so I went in early to make sure I got there first! Then as they came in one by one, I got their reaction and this was easier to manage than if I walked in and they all reacted at once. I think this was a particularly clever strategy if I do say so myself!

To my surprise they didnt react that strongly at all. I guess in our heads we build these situations up so much to a poitn where we think its such a huge story but not really. Some guy at work cut their hair short, is really what happened, it just so happened you are that guy!

It also helps if you have a few jokes handy. SOme people said hey, skinhead! I said yeh I am auditioning for the new Fast and Furious movie. Sometimes I said, yeh ,I am moonlighting as a bouncer and they insisted. To an Indian friend, I said yes I am auditioning for a role as a bollywood villian. It was easier if you become a part of joke than be all serious about it.

Somee senior people asked why I did it. I said I just hated managing my hair, it's simple.

My donor area was still red, and I had some dry skin from the HT which is naturual. I then told people it was due to sun burn. Again, unless you are considering a HT yourself, you wont really know what donor area is or what you went through! I just told everyone this is how I am keeping it from now on.

So luckily first day was fine, no funny comments, just back to normal, except I am no longer paranoid about how my nanogen hair fibres look.

Good strategy! May try it myself

Bill,

OK but I remember you have warned BUSA at least 3 times for that, this is just my first warning, anyway will be carefull with my friend BUSA.

worry about urself. thats plenty to worry about. ur agenda is clear. I have no agenda unlike u.:rolleyes:

Thanks BigP,

Seems reclining bed is a good idea at least for the two consecutive days of surgeries, so I'm considering staying at the clinic those two days and then move to a more economic option afterwards.

I'm flying back on 5th day post surgery - wonder if its safe to wear hat by then (i know i've raised this question multiple times with other members:)? You stayed for about 10 days and I'm assuming you were wearing a hat during your sightseeing?!

They give you a kind of cricket hat to wear. I positioned it in a way that is rested just ahead of the frotn hairline and the donor area, so I made sure it wasn't on the grafts at all. It was very windy in Istanbul so I walked around without a hat a few times. First 4 days I actually stayed indoors, or went to the cinema. But after that the grafts are pretty set and just make sure the hat doesn't touch the grafts and youll be fine. The middle of the hat rests about 2-3 inches above the graft so it should be fine. Just make sure you aren't around wind, rain or smoky/dirty environment. I spent a lot of time walking around, so when I was in a crowd I wore it, but when I was walking by the water it was off so I could let the grafts "breathe"! Also it was very cold in Istanbul so you wont have the problem of sweating under the hat, it was always very cold so I never sweated once, which is bad post HT

Appreciate the tip BigP!

Any pimple issues in donor or recipient areas? Seems swelling, pimple, redness/pinkness & shockloss vary person to person.

No, not really, the recipient area is a bit itchy. Since week 2 i have been feeling little electric waves going through my scalp. I guess that's the nerves growing back. I read that aloe vero helps with post HT, so I have got organic aloe vera shampoo and conditioner. After shower I then use aloe vera gel to run in and leave it in at night. THis feels really cool and is apparently good for keeping the skin with moisture and is a natural cleaner of skin. And also to remove the redness. I have only been using that for a week now and it has reduced the itchiness.

I didn't get any pimples, or swelling post HT. I haven't had too much shock loss as well. Just a few hair fallen out. Not sure what the timeline is for these things so hopefully it stays that way.

The donor area looks a bit sparse, but I am not sure if that is shock loss, or what it looks like after you remove that many grafts. But anyway, I need to give it a few weeks before I know what's going on!