Spanker's 30 month result- Dr. Konior 2100 fut

Spanker

So, here is my 30 month result. Feeling good about it. This is my normal hair, how I wear it daily. First pic taken last week and last four taken today.

Still happy and hoping for a few more years of holding steady. I still have great laxity, probably more than most virgin scalps but I'm sure I lost a little density in my donor with my first procedure. A decent guess is that I feel confident I have about 5k grafts left, plus our minus 1k.

I stay out of the mirror these days and try to live without thinking about my hair. It makes me happier. I have good hair days and less good days. I'm really starting to get some grey and it's looking like I'll eventually do the salt and pepper thing. I have some pretty deep recession that I asked for and my hairline is about 6.5-7cm depending on how you measure at the very tip.

I think that in addition to Dr. K, meds have made a big difference in holding the line. I'll have 5 years on fin this fall and I'm still holding strong. I can't say enough how important meds are to make a nice result last. 5 to 10 years it's a significant amount of your adulthood you can stay solid in your hair loss, maybe longer, so, I think if your going to spend thousands, you should really consider it. I'm 36 and of I can get to my forties without needing a bump I'll be pretty stoked.

Link is below. Not much change but it's been 20 months I think since my last update.

http://imgur.com/a/Za5Z2

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker..

Looking very good dude, you have a fine mop of hair...many would kill for.

If you stick with your Meds i. Would find it hard that you be in the O.R in the next 20yrs.

Congrats thanks for the update.

congrats and thank you for the update, I don't think anyone could want anything more than what you've got going on. If you find the time, I'd love to see a few pics of your hair pulled back with the recessed corners that you referenced. Again, congrats man.

I'll take one of my corners (that I'm happy with). Probably tomorrow.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ok. I'd say the bulk was, maybe 1300, but there was no way to put 2100 in my corners. I think a good portion was 1s in my hairline. I could be wrong but I don't think it wad much more than half, there just wasn't enough room.

View Spanker's Website

Great result Spanker! Your hair is amazing when I first looked at the photo I thought to myself "this hair looks so thick it must be a wig".Congrats on a great result.Can you post a before photo so we can compare?

You've had a great result. If I remember, from 5 months on it was obvious yours would be a knockout,

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

That's one fine head of hair!

You look well set for quite a few years to come.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Only compliments mate, truth be told 99% of people would not even associate you with a "balding" individual, and i think that's more important than anything else. Perception is amazing, you will always look at others and study their hair, but people who have never lost surely wont be studying yours.

So good mate!!!

You'll soon be a hair model

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Spanker,

I remember the post you did online the day you set off for your ht with Dr konier, like the rest of us you were apprehensive, but all well worth it now fella.

What are truly great result you received. Dr konier kicked the ball out of the park :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Thanks fellas. The crown is still solid. You know what lighting can do so I don't really just take pics or anything. I'm honestly weak mentally when it comes to hair so I just don't check on things often. I have my med routine and comb it in the morning and I'm done. I'm already doing everything I can do so thorough examinations just seem like obsessing. I do have tiny hairs all through my scalp and I've always shed quite a bit, so I could be losing hair out it could be new growth. Dr. K said on a total guess that I'd lose 1 to 2 percent per year and I would must likely be slow to lose.

I will say that not thinking about hair really has raised my confidence. Not sure if I would have anyway but I got a significant promotion last year and I do credit it not necessarily on my hair (although looks do matter in the business world) but the fact that my mind has let me focus on other things.

I've been really lucky both personally and professionally and this is just icing on the cake.

With my cvg if things went really down hill bad I'd probably consider a system with a frontal third transplant but I think I've got quite some time before that's an issue.

View Spanker's Website

lol u got supermodel hair bro! id say my confidence wud b thru the roof if I had half ur hair lol. and yes I firmly believe that the way you look even to other men plays a role in ur profession.

IDN call it human nature but the balding guy imo has less of a chance of a promotion then the guy that looks like he belongs on the cover of GQ.... all other things being equal of course.

good and youthful looking ppl just tend to do better in the professional world. thats a fact and anyone that thinks HAIR doesn't play a roll in that either aint got any or is just fooln themselves.

I think if you're well groomed and have a nice head (unlike my abomination) you can still do well bald professionally. Unfortunately I have a fairly disfigured head (like Terry Crews) and it would be distracting. That's why I won't take a "piece" off the table way down the line.

I work with a guy fairly high on the food chain and he has one but I think I'm the only person that knows. It's a very very good one and if I wasn't hypersensitive to hair with a keen eye, I wouldn't know.

View Spanker's Website

Yes, this was one pass. I has some native left in basically ask the transplanted area. Some areas more than others.

I would say my hair is average caliber and average density with above average laxity, which is why I chose to do fut.

View Spanker's Website