2500 FUE Dr Diep

recedingazn

Hi

Just did 2500 with Dr Diep!!! (after lurking these forums for years!). I'm in a bit of a rush so I will keep this short :)

I dont have a breakdown of the grafts or how they were distributed in my head, I've asked for this info but I guess the Dr's staff is quite busy.

Other info:

- I'm Asian, currently 29.

- Got Acell shot (I think).

- balding since 14???.

- Stopped Propecia due to sides.

- I will only use rogaine (been using it for years) and supplements to maintain existing hair (Biotin and Saw Palmetto), Im new to supplements and Im not sure if they will help.

So far I'm pleased but I wont be happy til I see some results :P

Before:

yun31pbuj

Day 1:

rfrxuprgb

Day 5:

apgk5dt17

f2f3nt1rv

Day 6 (Today):

7hc2sc6rf

What do you think?

I have some questions in regards to my transplant, if anyone cares to answer and help me, here's the thread :)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178229-just-did-2500-fue-when-can-i-start-taking-supplements.html

Edited by recedingazn

He draws the hairline first based on the # of grafts you are planning to get and just fills it in. In my case I asked for the best results he can get in one go and since I wanted FUE the max is 2500 grafts (although sometimes ive seen other patients of his that get slightly more grafts) So based on 2500 grafts he drew the optimal hairline and went from there. In my case he lowered my hairline quite a bit, which I love :)

"Nice work, looks tidy. Dr. Diep has his detractors but he does seem to produce some really nice results."

What do you feel are the detractors for Dr. Diep? I know his pricing is quite high for his FUE work. Is there anything else you consider to be a detractor? If so please elaborate. I agree ontop. I think he certainly needs to mentioned as one of the top US FUE surgeonshowever I think we are quite limited with top tier FUE options in the US. Lets hope that changes.

were you a norwood3? did your hairloss stop? based on your family tree, which norwood level do you expect to reach to? how long did you have to wait after booking to do the procedure? are you in the US? sorry for all the questions... im kinda in the same boat as you and planning to go with dr diep as well

were you a norwood3? did your hairloss stop? based on your family tree, which norwood level do you expect to reach to? how long did you have to wait after booking to do the procedure? are you in the US? sorry for all the questions... im kinda in the same boat as you and planning to go with dr diep as well

If you look at his profile it states he lives in costa rica & a NW3

Any good HT Dr will have a 3/6 mth waiting list & if some Dr say come in next wk stay clear.

I just had my procedure yesterday with Dr. Diep of which I will be chronically in a new thread. Just to answer some of the concerns that members have, I went in for a consult early January and he was very nice. Was certainly not a sales man and I feel like he was genuine in a sense that he wants all of his paitents to be happy and looking great. With that being said, I also obted for the 2500 graft FUE. The price per graft is not as high as the OP states. Depending on how many you want, the price may vary but certainly not 5-6 dollars per graft. WIth that being said, he stated that i needed aourn 4000 grafts to have great results but I did not want the strip method so we went for 2500 to cover the front. He was booked 5 months out as my scheduled surgery was in May. I did mention to the nurse to call me if there were any cancellations. About 2 weeks later, to my surprise I got a call that there was a cancellation so i took the opportunity....... Please visit my thread as I do not want to high jack the OP's thread.

I just had my procedure yesterday with Dr. Diep of which I will be chronically in a new thread. Just to answer some of the concerns that members have, I went in for a consult early January and he was very nice. Was certainly not a sales man and I feel like he was genuine in a sense that he wants all of his paitents to be happy and looking great. With that being said, I also obted for the 2500 graft FUE. The price per graft is not as high as the OP states. Depending on how many you want, the price may vary but certainly not 5-6 dollars per graft. WIth that being said, he stated that i needed aourn 4000 grafts to have great results but I did not want the strip method so we went for 2500 to cover the front. He was booked 5 months out as my scheduled surgery was in May. I did mention to the nurse to call me if there were any cancellations. About 2 weeks later, to my surprise I got a call that there was a cancellation so i took the opportunity....... Please visit my thread as I do not want to high jack the OP's thread.

Very good buddy....

I was not far off on my prediction of waiting list for a good HT Dr , that's a tell tale sign that he/she is good & they have plenty of demand for obvious reasons.

Good on you to get in early tho , not everyone can go on the fly like that.

I look forward to your progress.

You have picked a great clinic IMHO.

Best wishes.

Very good buddy....

I was not far off on my prediction of waiting list for a good HT Dr , that's a tell tale sign that he/she is good & they have plenty of demand for obvious reasons.

Good on you to get in early tho , not everyone can go on the fly like that.

I look forward to your progress.

You have picked a great clinic IMHO.

Best wishes.

Thanks Bud!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy keeping up with work.

View image: IMG 4273

Anyways, this is 17 days post-op... I shed some hair around day 10 while removing the crust (I was told it's normal). But since then I've shed very little, I will probably shed in the next few weeks though... who knows.

No one knows I did surgery so far... and Im loving the results! I can finally go out without a cap (its been sooo longg since last time I did that without being concern of my reciding hairline :'( ...) So faar I can say this has been the best decision I've ever made.

To answer some questions, yes he is a REALLY busy doctor, I tried booking him back on October .. got my appointment til January 21st (so thats good if you ask me).

I'm jsut waiting for the shedding to come or maybe I will be one of the lucky ones who wont shed (knock on wood). Oh I restarted rogaine 2 weeks post op and started with 0.25 mg Propecia ED 10 days post op (I was hesitant but ultimately decided to go for it). So far no noticeable sides and shedding is minimal (5 hairs max during hair wash).

I can finally feel I'm winning the war against hairloss after 10+ years of living with this condition :) Let's see what happens in the next year :)

Oh and my transplanted hair is shorter than my native hair, but I can definitely tell its growing and catching up :)