Just did 2500 FUE, when can I start taking supplements?

Hi All!

I finally did my FUE (will make a separate thread on it later). I have a question!

Im at day 6 post Op. Im currently taking antibiotics as suggested 3 times a day by the Dr.

I bought Biotin and Saw Palmetto... is it ok to start taking these vitamins now? and whats the right dosage? (Biotin - chewable 5000 mcg, Saw Palmetto 450 mg capsules). Or should i wait until im done with the antibiotics to start taking these?

By the way I dont know much about either supplement, are they good? I dont expect regrowth from either but to keep my natural hair instead (combined with Minoxidil). Anyone with experience on these supplements?

I cant start rogaine til 2 weeks post op mark.

PS: Yes I know, I should take propecia, but I've experienced the sides (im one of the unlucky ones) so its not an option for me. :(

I just had a procedure done and asked the same question. The answer I received was that I could resume my supplement regimen immediately but that he (the doctor) would however wait until I had run through the remainder of my antibiotics. Logically this makes sense to me as it's probably prudent not to further tax your kidneys and system otherwise given the meds and general trauma

Honestly I don't think anyone knows. I take them all as well as msm fin minox and niz 2% shampoo. I have maintained over the past ten years but would I have anyways without this regimen? I have no clue. the way I look at it is it won't hurt, it might help so why not. What I will say though is that I only started minox foam 8 months ago and I have noticed a bit of new growth and thickening of existing hair.

Fin is far and away the best thing for you imho...have you tried taking a reduced dose to curb sides? I take a kick ass multi vitamin (ortho core advanced series), 2,000mg msm powder, biotin which in theory creates healthier hair skin and nails, saw palmetto which is a natural dht blocker, rogaine 5% foam, and nizoral 2% shampoo twice a week. In my heart of hearts the only 3 I think that are worth a damn is the fin, minox, and the niz which you'll often times hear people refer to as "the big 3."

yeah I've been doing research on the reduced fin dosage and for some it works! I will try with minox+SP+Biotin combo to see if it holds, if I notice further thinning then I will try a reduced dose of fin. I will let you know how that goes :)

Supplement are good for you but don't over do it tho..

Vit D3 is also a good supp.

The supplements won't grow new hair but can & do thicken up what you have & also you will feel & see after sometime your hair will feel healthy & stronger.

Supplements can & do give a good source of natural foods hair folicals needs to stay healthy IMHO.

On a side note if you a less of of a dose of Fin & that don't work then maybe look into taking the brand stuff as I've heard in the past people who had sides with generics jump on brand & didn't have sides....strange I know. Me thinks it could be something in the fullers which sometimes cause these sides...

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

Best wishes.