Consultations: Lorenzo and Bisanga. Issue re: minitarisation

Hi everybody,

This last week I've had two consultations, one with Lorenzo and one with Bisanga. Donor area is 80 hairs per cm squared and hairs are 50 microns (both docs stated the same). Bisanga though thought I wasn't a good candidate as I have miniaturisation of 22%. Lorenzo never mentioned this and I never asked - although he said my donor is sufficient for FUE.

Now I'm unsure what to do - do I just accept that I can't have a hair transplant (based on what Bisanga said) or should I go with Lorenzo? I really respected Bisanga for telling me this, but has he got a reputation of being over cautious?

Any advice people could give would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi everybody,

This last week I've had two consultations, one with Lorenzo and one with Bisanga. Donor area is 80 hairs per cm squared and hairs are 50 microns (both docs stated the same). Bisanga though thought I wasn't a good candidate as I have miniaturisation of 22%. Lorenzo never mentioned this and I never asked - although he said my donor is sufficient for FUE.

Now I'm unsure what to do - do I just accept that I can't have a hair transplant (based on what Bisanga said) or should I go with Lorenzo? I really respected Bisanga for telling me this, but has he got a reputation of being over cautious?

Any advice people could give would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

I am Also strongly considering lorenzo and bisanga

Did you travel to spain and belgium only to get a consultation and Then home again afterwards?

Firstly I think you have consulted with two of the best out there. Personally I would speak to dr lorenzo and tell him what bisanga said to you and ask him if he feels this is a problem to him and if he is confident in doing a procedure for you then really consider it.

Cheers pma

Valid and interesting point.

I know (and your question confirms it) that Bisanga is more cautious with scalp donnor, he manages donnor from the very safe side and he considers seriously the real possibility of standard scalp donnor hair to die in the same way top scalp hair may die, specially in those who are not under finasteride or dutasteride.

I think that if hair is not strong enough ( somehow affected by DHT and some percentage of occipital hair is) will not survive the trauma of the transplant. This is why Bisanga takes into account very seriously this miniaturisation factor.

Bisanga is also using beard hair more and more, specially when he sees not good donnor areas.

I am not saying that Lorenzo is not cautious or safe but his approach to manage donnor is a bit different. I guess that he or his technicians carefully select grafts when extraction takes place and they do not harvest those which seems to be miniaturised. Although I guess this is also done by all good professionals. We also started to see Lorenzo using beard hair successfully as well, which I think it is a good way to offset scalp donnor limitation.

Both Doctors are outstanding, I am not discovering anything new, they have both millions of great cases, even more they are both able to recover people who were without hair and without hope, people who are not considered candidates for hair surgery and most ethical surgeons would refuse due to difficulty or impossibility to get a decent outcome but they are able to rescue them with their great job and, once again, many times using the resource of beard.

I think that the one who can reply your question properly is Dr Lorenzo.

We would appreciate if you could post it. It would be nice for our information to know the answer to this very interesting corner.