• HRN-Banner-800.jpg

First HT scheduled in India with Dr. Bhatti - any tourist tips for a westerner?

Hi everyone. Long time lurker of the forum. I have my first HT scheduled for later this Spring with Dr. Bhatti in Chandigarh, India. I was so excited about finally taking care of my hair that I didn't put too much thought to the fact that I am traveling alone, half way around the world to a country which I have never visited!

I've read some blogs to get some tourist tips, but wondering if anyone else in the HT community who has visited India can chime in with your experiences? I will only be there for 3 days, including 1 full day dedicated to my HT so unfortunately I won't have much (if any at all) down time for touristy things.. I'm more looking for basic tips that may help an ignorant westerner like myself :D ...things like taxi's, food, lodging, tipping, cell phone coverage, etc.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Long time lurker of the forum. I have my first HT scheduled for later this Spring with Dr. Bhatti in Chandigarh, India. I was so excited about finally taking care of my hair that I didn't put too much thought to the fact that I am traveling alone, half way around the world to a country which I have never visited!

I've read some blogs to get some tourist tips, but wondering if anyone else in the HT community who has visited India can chime in with your experiences? I will only be there for 3 days, including 1 full day dedicated to my HT so unfortunately I won't have much (if any at all) down time for touristy things.. I'm more looking for basic tips that may help an ignorant westerner like myself :D ...things like taxi's, food, lodging, tipping, cell phone coverage, etc.

Thanks!

Hi Mandar1n,

Congratulations on taking your first step towards a permanent hair loss solution!

In regards to the trip to India, we (Dr. Bhatti's Clinic) will make sure that we are with you every step of the way to help you, guide you and make you feel at home. Listing some basic stuff below:

1. Taxi: Clinic will send a car to pick you up from the airport and hence you don't need to rent a cab. You will get picked up from your hotel and taken to the Clinic and back to the hotel when you are done.

2. Lodging: We can make the hotel reservations for you. We can send you links to the hotels that are closer to the clinic (decent hotels with nice, big rooms, flat screen TV, free WIFI, good room service and great food) and once you pick a hotel, we can book the room for you. You can pay the hotel when you check out.

3. Tipping: That depends on you. There is no tipping when it comes to our Clinic but you can tip the folks at the hotel etc. A 500 rupee ($8) when leaving the hotel would be decent.

4. Cell phone coverage: Depending upon your service carrier in the US, you might be able to use your cell phone (do check on the roaming charges, if applicable). You can also purchase a SIM card for your phone from India to make calls to the US and other countries. But since you have indicated that you will be in India for 3 days only, might not be worth the effort.

Please feel free to PM me or email me @ darlingbudsusa@gmail.com I will be happy to answer any questions that you might have and/or help with your HT trip logistics. I can also give you a call and make sure that you are all set to go. India is a fun country to visit and we want to make sure that you come back with good memories and lots of hair!

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.