Dr. Arocha -True Density FUT 5900+ (Video link)

The pre OP pictures show a wet condition, while the pictures of the result a dry one. And it is not even labeled as such... Beside, I`d expect this result with this huge graft amount. Thank you for sharing nonetheless

Let's not make silly comments.

Wow... Hello and welcome, Hearstudmuffin. I can answer your question with a counterquestion: Why do you think they don`t present the pre picture in dry and the result picture in wet condition? :o .. You got it??

I would have pointed that out as well, because it renders the evaluation of the result impossible, whether it is in favor of or in disadvantage to the clinic. If the media manager of Dr. Wesley would have published it the other way around, Dr. Wesley rightly so would have had reason to zing him internally.

I am not perfectly sure how familiar you are with this place, but legitimate and lastly constructive criticism is what made this forum so popular and credible over the years.

Even established clinics like Dr. Wesley`s have to accept critical questions.

I am not in any way implying that the result is bad, in contrary, but it is generally imperative to present both pre and post op pictures displaying the same conditions.

For your deeper understanding, please review this managing publisher`s thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156077-please-read-how-take-present-compelling-realistic-photos.html

Very nice result from Dr.Arocha. Great video as well, while I enjoyed the video , my 2 year old danced to the music ;)

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Thanks Questionmark, BUSA, HairStudmuffin, and scooter for taking the time to view and comment! Questionmark is correct in stating that similar lighting, background, hair style, wet, dry, etc… should be present in the before as the after results. However, this is really rarely possible. We have no control in whether a patient cuts, dyes, or exposes his hair to sunshine and develops summer highlights.

With regards the video edited by Charela in my office,True Density in One Pass, she included the wet hair examination because this patient had diffuse thinning. The visible threshold for detection of hair thinning is about 50% lost of the hair mass. This patient had no hair in the crown but the mid-scalp and frontal areas were characterized by diffuse thinning. To wet the hair is part of the physical exam in evaluating hair loss. Sorry that it was not labeled wet, she thought that it was so obvious.

Dr. Arocha, thank you for your thorough explanation, it is highly appreciated. You`re right that it`s obvious, and I have no problem with "including" a wet before picture, but I still don`t understand the reason why not to also add a dry before picture. I don`t see any reason as to why not...

That said, it doesn`t hinder the result being impressive, I just wanted to have that mentioned in my function as the forums nitpicker ;)

I really like this result, but yes, it would be nice to have the dry 'before' for a proper contrast. Particularly impressive surgery given that transplantation into diffuse thinning hair is really tricky--just a great recipe for transection and massive shock loss. But his post-op density looks like 100% to me.

Hello Questionmark and Win200,

We truly appreciate the fact that you were very interested in seeing this patient's Before and After photos. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. In a static photograph, it is very difficult to convey diffused thinning with dry hair. I believed it was best to show the photo with wet hair to give you the best understanding of this patient's hair loss concerns. As you will see in the video that I posted, Dr. Arocha performed a part/width examination to show that true density was achieved after his procedure. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Best wishes,

CeCe

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

maybe that is why you personally come up here but most of us are looking for results that are not skewed by photos being wet. all photos shud be dry unless you think ppl walk around all day with wet hair?

although the Dr. does explain why the photos were wet but imo if he or any other Dr. is going to do that then simply show both wet and dry.

the photos presented now surely give a clear and definitive result of quality work and it was some quality work!

Questionmark: I am not sure about you, but I am not a Doctor. I am a guy who comes in this forum to check out results. I am a not on here for educational purposes regarding who or what doctors shouldn't or shouldn't post regarding wet or dry hair. I COME On HERE WITH ONE THING IN MIND AND THAT IS CAN I SEE RESULTS? Is there an improvement to the hair? Are the pictures or video logical and are the labeled and displayed well? Let's keep things simple. Is it a good results that is displayed well? Yes, it is. That is all us average fellows who look on the forum for results of hair doctors care about. Just saying.

When Dr. Arocha is showing that a patient has diffused thinning, it is best to show the hair wet so that you can see the thinning of the hair. This patient said that when he would get out of the shower every morning, he would see that his hair was thin and this was very bothersome. HE FELT that he needed to fix this problem. If I were to post pictures of his hair dry, you would ask me, "Well, where is the hair loss?" because it is very difficult to see his hair loss in photos with dry hair. Therefore, to correctly convey to you the viewer his concerns and why he came to AHR, I needed to show you pictures of his hair wet.

Thank you comments and compliments. We truly appreciate all of your questions.

-CeCe

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.