Cigars?

Is your question more specifically addressing whether or not the inhalation of tobacco smoke is an issue? If so, just know that nicotine can still be delivered into the bloodstream as one's saliva can deliver nicotine to the stomach where it is absorbed into the bloodstream.

The nicotine can then potentially cause restriction to the blood vessels that deliver blood throughout the body including the scalp. This can reduce the amount of oxygen to the grafts.

Is it a big deal? IMHO, I don't believe so. I had 4 separate HT procedures and smoked cigarettes both pre-op and post-op and had no problems with my results.

I have since quit smoking altogether including cigar smoking as I developed terminal stage lung cancer back in 2009 and yet survived it. I lost my right lung and the unfortunate thing was I had to almost lose my life to get serious about quitting and not smoking at all.

My health is much better since I quit...:)

Obviously I do not condone any form of smoking...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, glad that you beat the cancer I have stopped even the occasional cigarette smoking but have been thinking about having a cigar at some point, obviously two HTs cost me quite a bit of cheddar nothing is worth hindering the results or progress of the procedures - have a good one -

Is your question more specifically addressing whether or not the inhalation of tobacco smoke is an issue? If so, just know that nicotine can still be delivered into the bloodstream as one's saliva can deliver nicotine to the stomach where it is absorbed into the bloodstream.

The nicotine can then potentially cause restriction to the blood vessels that deliver blood throughout the body including the scalp. This can reduce the amount of oxygen to the grafts.

Is it a big deal? IMHO, I don't believe so. I had 4 separate HT procedures and smoked cigarettes both pre-op and post-op and had no problems with my results.

I have since quit smoking altogether including cigar smoking as I developed terminal stage lung cancer back in 2009 and yet survived it. I lost my right lung and the unfortunate thing was I had to almost lose my life to get serious about quitting and not smoking at all.

My health is much better since I quit...:)

Obviously I do not condone any form of smoking...;)

WOW!

GREAT SUCCESS!

Congratulatoins

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i smoke one pack of cigarettes a day.i had a fue surgery 2 months ago and now i am curious about smoking too.

i had ht long time ago and i remember smoking cigarettes and outcome was ok.i mean the transplanted hair has grown despite smoking.

if my hair dont grow then i ll blame it to smoking.

Thanks for the kind words guys...;)

I have to say that in four decades of following this field, that I have never heard of anyone having an adverse result in their HT procedure due to being a smoker.

But like I previously hinted, smoking in general terms is far more detrimental to one's overall health and life.

The silent but sure killer...

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY