Fantastic Results after 5 mths, UK Patient, by Dr Hasson >6500 grafts in one sitting.

UK2015

Please see my profile for pictures of Before, Procedure, and After 5 Months.:):):)

In the summer of 2014, I took the plunge and travelled from Liverpool UK, to Vancouver Canada for a hair restoration treatment with Dr Hasson at Hasson and Wong.

I was approaching my 40th birthday, and had been progressively receding on top and balding on Crown over a period of ten years.

I wanted to return to the thick full hair of my twenties, and performed some research into what could be done.

In consultation with Dr Hasson, I wanted as much done in one procedure as possible. I had over 6500 grafts done in one sitting.

The results have been phenomenal. Not only do I have a thick full head of hair again, I look years younger, and the procedure has been a life changing experience. I really cannot justify with words how amazing this procedure has been for me, it has been the best choice I have ever made.

I now at 40, have the thick full head of hair I had in my twenties. It feels amazing. Some people who haven't seen me in months, double take me, they are amazed at how wonderful my new hair looks.

I wanted to share my experience with others who are considering going through a procedure, to stop thinking and get it done, it will change your life for the better, for life.

Since my procedure I have been taking 1.25mg Finasteride a day, and also MSM and cod lIver oil supplements.

My advice to anyone thinking about having a procedure, is to go do it, the transformation will be amazing.

5b32e3e7d0a03_image1(9).JPG.1e0c821467e463e5d2a8f0fab000177a.JPG

image6.JPG.1162a6ea3e5727efdcaddd8fc5c9b1de.JPG

image5.JPG.deee640140dd7313991c0e9d85a7dcfe.JPG

5b32e3e8167be_image4(1).JPG.9cdb3324cb3c457e7dbb300c302e1958.JPG

5b32e3e82db69_image3(1).JPG.1f349191a38f03a8c9ca335e2a1a04fa.JPG

image1.jpg.0672d4f2446503319ecdd5c4feb85b92.jpg

image3.jpg.736e8685afb210b978acc1a9fbbed199.jpg

5b32e3e8665f6_image4(2).jpg.7d59d29c241082d2c3aeebc7c65e2fc5.jpg

5b32e3e87d0cb_image5(1).jpg.6c877b96ea1eb2e20e56303fc58ee295.jpg

5b32e3e89843d_image3(3).jpg.fdb7c37a8e537ca3b2f41b41fe3b84b6.jpg

5b32e3e8aea0b_image6(1).jpg.11db23f0ccbf4b566cf5462e57aa3dcd.jpg

image7.jpg.a4f53599ae4d0074bea693696d3bcd89.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy smokes! Looks fantastic. And the linear scar is undetectable even with your hair cut quite short at the sides and back. Congrats to you and to Dr. Hasson.
all scars are undetectable at this stage. its whether or not they will stretch over time. roll of the dice....

all scars are undetectable at this stage. its whether or not they will stretch over time. roll of the dice....

That's not true. Most scars that are going to stretch do so before 5 months. SOME stretch past 5, but I don't think your description is accurate.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looking great btw. How many grafts are you saying that you have left?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

At this stage scar stretching will occur only if the head gets bigger from all the continued compliments.

Looking very good early, all the best.

I now at 40, have the thick full head of hair I had in my twenties.

Indeed it`s a monster result after only 5 months :eek: While I agree with the rest of the post, HTs can only achieve to give the illusion of density, but are not giving you the "thick full head of hair" of your twenties. You can even see it with ease in the top shot picture, so not to confuse newbies here. That said, I`d be at least as enthusiastic as you; it`s really looking fantastic :cool:

UK2015,

Thanks very much for coming on the forum to share your experience regarding your surgery. It was great to meet you in person and to see your transformation and look forward to following your progress. I have posted a front on photo side by side as I feel it shows the changes best.

Front-compare.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

UK2015,

Thanks very much for coming on the forum to share your experience regarding your surgery. It was great to meet you in person and to see your transformation and look forward to following your progress. I have posted a front on photo side by side as I feel it shows the changes best.

Front-compare.jpg

Garageland,

1- What were the dimensions of the FUT strip, lenght and width ??

2- Please provide some immediate (postop day 1) pictures to indicate that 6500 grafts were possible and transplanted.

Then I would like to add my comments...

Thank you all very much for all the kind comments and support.

A number of you have asked some specific questions so I will try to answer them below:

- QuestionMark: in reference to wanting to return to my thick full hair of my twenties, these were my words to Dr Hasson and David, and I brought photographs of my hair at 19 yo, 29 yo and you can see my pre op pics on my profile at 39 yo. Although the new hair is still maturing I cannot put into words at how pleased I am with the work Dr, Hasson has done and also the excellent customer service from David. I understand that my hair needs to thicken further and 'densify', but I can honestly say that I feel like I have the hair back that I had in my twenties. The hair is growing thick and is full of colour, which I was so surprised with. The results have exceeded my expectations.

I travelled over 7300km to whom I can only describe as a genius, Dr Hasson. From the initial engagement with David, to David's ongoing support, I feel like I'm back in my twenties.

- Squatch: in reference to how did I get so much done in one sitting. I had performed a lot of research, as I think we all have, as it is something you dont just jump into. Some clinics were recommending 2 to 3 procedures. All roads were leading to Hasson and Wong who could perform a megasession for me in one sitting. When I met with Dr. Hasson, I asked him to do as much as he can for me in one procedure - he is a god. I think Garageland will post the exact technical terms today on the forum.

- 1966kph - I totally agree with you, I think Hasson and Wong are the best, and Dr.Hasson is superb. The results speak volumes.

- Fisher4man: I've attached some post op day 1 pictures for you. The exact dimensions and technical terms will be posted by Garageland.

Again a big thank you to everyone for your kindness and support.

All the best,

Stephen.

5b32e401ccea5_image2(4).jpg.0a7f635ef8fb06d2a05b158b59a7f5eb.jpg

5b32e401e73f3_image3(4).jpg.b0318562642fd03d6765a43513008b7e.jpg

5b32e4020e642_image1(10).jpg.3c69d46eddc561f05b655a0924d98e60.jpg

Fisherman and others interested in the details of this surgery the final graft count was 6542. The reason that this number was achieved and required in one sitting is that in the nicest possible way UK2015 has a large head. A large head is a double edged sword in as much as whilst the patient has a larger number of donor grafts available they also need more grafts as a result to give the required coverage and density.

On inspecting his scalp in person and seeing that UK2015 had above average density and laxity in the donor area and a large area to cover Dr Hasson was able to take a 38cm long strip by an average of 2cm wide to harvest the number of grafts.

Dr Hasson noted that this particular patient has approx another 5000 grafts in his donor bank via FUT should he wish or need them in the future so whilst a high number of grafts was used it has still left him with a healthy donor supply going forward. He is taking Proscar.

The breakdown of the grafts was

1619 singles

4453 doubles

470 3-4 hairs

Thanks for your all your interest in this case.

Edited by Garageland
typo

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Looking great.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon