Which doctor should i go to

Yeah i see them that is very true but hes works been on german news so maybe thats something and hes partner has done borrusia Dortmund football managers( Juergen kloop) hair transplant so he must have somethjng going for him! Vecause untill that email i didn't even know he had one done.

And i have 8k sterling mate so if i was to go to america i would have around 12k usd or if i was to go anywhere in the EU ie Belgium or turkey ill have just over 10k euros and most clinics charge 2.5 euros so its just in my budget if i opted for 4000 grafts..

And to be honest mate id want a surgeon to be involved in the surgery not just popping in to see if his techs are doing a good job or not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah he did i think it was bht aswell am not to sure., mr dr rays done some other famous german guy and it was presented on the german news..

Ive already had a consultation with him couple months ago he suggested 3000 grafts for me

Heres the drs ive been consulted with

1) dr demirsoy-3000 grafts

2) hakan dogany-5000 grafts

3) dr ordegan-4000 grafts

4) dr lorenzo-4000 grafts (crossed if list to expensive)

5) dr konior (currently exchanging emails very thorough which is good)

6) dr feriduni ( currently waiting for an email back, said wait atleast two weeks)

7) dr karadeniz-4000 grafts

And the the last one is the one i just asked advise about which is dr de rays just waiting on an email back from him as well.

I think thats everyone.

I travelled to Turkey from the UK the beginning of last June (2014) and underwent a two day FUE procedure with Dr Emre Karadeniz. I'm approaching the 8 month post-op point now (beginning of February). I'm happy with the results so far & realistically looking forward to the end result between 12 and 18 months post-op. Overall, a really positive experience with Emre and his surgical team in Istanbul.

- Good Luck, whoever you decide to choose.

Thanks campbell..

Yeah I've been following your journey with dr karadeniz your 6 month photos look very promising hows it coming along now you've hit the 8 month mark any more growth since your last update?

Im sure when i do decide on one of these top doctors ill be very happy because there all top surgeons in the field there in!

Just caught your reply there. Well the hair is longer of course now nearly two months beyond those 6 month photos. I'm intending to snap off a few photos just to record the 8 month post op point (in early Feb), as it's good for me just to be reminded (when I look back at the early photos) how far I've progressed (you sometimes 'forget' the changes & it's 'good' to be reminded!).

Also the hair is thickening out more too and there still 'seems' to be hair follicles popping through even at this stage, so that's 'all' very encouraging for me.

My transformation isn't as 'dramatic' or 'impressive' as some photos I've seen on the forum. But to get things in perspective 'for myself' I've 'again' got to remind myself that my journey is from a hair loss of pattern of 5A (which is substantial..!) plus when I take my photos, I'm not using any lighting or hair thickeners...etc, as I want to try and show it 'as it is' in its most natural state (otherwise I'd be kidding myself too, and not doing anyone any favours).

So 'yes'... the journey so far has been 'progressive' and 'positive' and 'steady!' No overnight changes, but steady 'for me' is good and the way to go. Once again, best of luck whatever and with whoever you choose to go! I 'know' it's not an easy decision to make.

I agree mate positivity is key to being happy with what hair you gain because as you say you come from having hardly any hair to the stage your at now and then the end product stay positive your really only half way there..you was 5a at the beginning an at month 12-16 you'll be no where near that because of the hair being stronger and thicker. Happy growing my friend look forward to you updates ill keep am eye out for them!

Have a good day/night sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update on dr de rays i sent him my pics about a week and a half ago hes representitive nick got back to me via email amd said the dr de rays suggested we did 3000 grafts to completly restore the hairline and mid scalp and later on on if i want i could come back to fill in the crown which i admire him for not tryin to tottaly deplite my doner region for the first time like some doctors want to do amd to get the most money out of a patient the one time. I think we all forget that this is a long process and patients want more grafts now and comprimise on quality and for me id rather have quality and better yield over getting the procedure done all at once knowing the quality and yield might be comprimised. He uses a manual punch no machine which i think is important because uour taking away the skills of the doctor and feeling the doctor has by extracting grafts when done by machine he told me hes involved in everysingle part of the process with tje help of one nurse that helps him put in the grafts to the recipient site which for me is a plus (i think everyone wants the doctor to be involved in every single part of the process not techs) hes got an in clinick patients room were you stay so i wont be traveling far as you dont really want to be travling far after a 6-7 hours surgery also offers a guarantee if im nit happy with the result after 12 months which i think all doctors should do!

He did qoute me a price but id rather not say but let just say its not cheap and its not expensive in my books he ticked most of the boxes and answered all my questions very professional i must say iam impressed!

I did ask nick to update us members with more patient photos as we only see a couple but pretty much covered the whole procedure side of things we just need some more photos if his because im sure we would love to see him get recommended for the work he does judging by the ones he put up are good and the patients must be happy. He did say he will be uploading more pictures soon. And tbh i cant wait to see morw if hea work because going by what hes said he would rather do 1500 maybe 1800 on rare occasions max in a day to save quality which could only be a good thing in my books.

Sorry for the essay haha

Hello wizz.

The little i have seen of dr de reys work did look very good indeed but i stress the little.

I think it was in a response to something KO posted that a member said on other forums dr de reys was being slated for poor results over the last couple of years but prior to that had been held in high esteem.

Like i say i would not know about this as i have not researched this dr much at all but i just thought i would point it out to you in case you missed it.

I think it was probably about 3 weeks ago the post i refer to.

Maybe you might be as well to pm KO and see if he recollects it.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Have a good day

Thanks 1966kph im nit sure i have seen it tbh would be interesting to seeit might change my vuew in him but Going by hes videos aswell in youtube he seems like a good surgeon doing well over a million grafts so i dont get why he gets slated or got slated maybe KO could elaborate on this thread if he sees this post as i believe hes subscribed to this thread so im sure hell get an email saying weve commented on it because i dont no how to pm people as the message tab just brings me to the front page for some reason.

I am glad to see that you are doing your research and consulting with many different doctors. Asking questions in your situation is the only way to gain more knowledge. I read through your thread but missed how old you are? How much hair have you lost over the last 1,3 and 5 years? That might give you an indication of just how soon the rest of the hair on top of your head will disappear.

As others have commented low contrast from hair to scalp is a positive thing as is wavy/curly hair in terms of coverage. From the one photo that you posted it seems you are set for an advanced Norwood pattern and future surgeries need to be planned for and taken into account unless you are happy with a very modest amount of hair that one session or 3000 grafts will provide.

I am saying this as money is an issue for you and the task of saving up for the next procedure might be required sooner rather than later if your hair loss is aggressive and you are unwilling to take meds.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Im 25 I did post my age its a few posts ago you must if missed it.

Ive been loosing my hair since i was around 19-20 started with my left temperal receeding and then the top if my head started thinning out and iver the years between 24-25 its just got more agressive and is noticable now as u can see in the photo i posted the only doctor to say what noorward i would be going to progress to had been dr de rays which is a noorward 5 so im difinitely going to need more grafts in the future bit id rather get less grafts done if its better quality then getting say 5000 grafts and not being all that great and then fo back for another one if im not happy coz i dont mind the baldish look tbh.

With te point on getting on meds im leaning towards going on them to keep atleast tje crown from thinning and if the sides do take an effect i will stip them i understand that its a small minority that do get sides somerhing like 5% out of 100% so youd be pretty unlucky to encounter the sides.i was really worried bout having kids on them but as far as i understand u can have babys on it so iam leaning on the side of taking them as i undersatnd if i do have a procedure and not take meds id inly be dissopointed at the end of because the natuve hair would have fallen out. Bit of a nightmare patient.

I mean money is easily saved up i stated what i had already and if u wanted to i could save some more i just u dont always get what you pay for as far as the surgeon being involved in the intire procedure so id have no problem paying less or more if the dcs are involved in the procedure if that makes any sence.

Nothing wrong with doing things in smaller sessions and and it makes sense in your case. Speak to your own Doctor about Propecia and take some advice there. I know people that have fathered children on the medication although if this worries you then you could stop whilst trying to conceive but as I said speak to your Doctor who knows your medical history first.

If saving money is not a problem then good for you but don't use it as a basis on choosing a surgeon. If all is equal between two clinics then price can be used as a deciding factor but very rarely are two clinics exactly equal. I sounds like you are doing the right things and I wish you all the best.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks garageland,

Thats exactly what im thinking to be honest id rather get better quality in smaller sessions rather going all out just on the basis that i want hair fast and want it now im in this for the long run its not a quick fix although it is tempting to get more grafts done but if that meant quality is comprimised id rather not do it. I see nick baron posted sone new photos of the drs patients and it looks like good quality for the grafts he put in i was impressed i must say but i will shop around as u say research research research is the way forward.

I wont let money be the deciding factor because u look at say dr karadeniz good surgeon seems to know what he's talking has some good results as well campbell being one if them even tho its early stages yet but from what i can see will be a good reault and hes nowhere near as dear as the surgeons in turkey and he does most of the procedure just nit the implanting part albeit that is an important stage but not as important as the extraction part or making the holes/slites in the recipient site. Or am i wrong..

Yea ill make an appointment with my local doctor about that he knows me best and if i should go down that route ot not hell more then likely say try it if its not for me its not for me atleast i tryd it.

Thanks for your advise its much appreciated sir

Have good day.

Hi william38

i only read your thread the other day and i was very impressed with the work of both doctors u must be really happy with the outcome if your procedure looks very professional and detailed.

I enjoyed seeing it from your point if view and the pictures you have taken from the in clinic patients rooms look like a hotel a good one at that.

I found it quite funny(sorry to laugh at your expense but hay u got to laugh)when u said you should if saved the magic sleeping medicine for the chest hair i bet it must if hurt im sure you wont be making that mistake again if you do decide to go down that route.

The more work i see of hes tbh the better it gets amd for the price as well you really cant go wrong and plus hes just across the pond from me which is even better no flying for me which i hate anyway coz the misses always watches air crash investigations and quite frankly ibhate airoplanes id be constantly thinking if what could go wrong and not be able to relax i deffo blame the misses for that one haha so id rather get the euro star straight there no leaving the ground for me if i can.

I do like the docs work and hes fully booked from end if may which is also a food thing in my books!

Edited by Wwiizzkkiidd24

Just an update on dr deriduni who unfortunatly diesnt think im a good candidate just yet he recommends i go on meds for about 10-12 months and then assess the situation from there which i kind of respect coz it more then likely will damage my existing hair. Thats two docs that have said that to me now im thinking why does one doctor reckon he can operate on me and the next say go in meds and wait its very confusing on what to do next because hes a top doctor and i respect what he has to say not that the other arent good and could probably do a reasonable job but and know there stuff in the field there in so im in a catch 22 situation do i listen to dr feriduni and go in meds and then wait 10-12 months and then do a ht or just go with one if the other surgeons i dont know what do you guys think i should do if you was in my shoes..

One doc might be booked up solid for months one might need your custom sooner.

So your not on meds? Sorry if I missed if you have already said.

If I were you I would get on the meds and see were they get you might be content with their results I have seen some very good results from meds.

Just luck back at the competition Mick from farjo did.

We had to guess how many grafts the person had and it turned out he was just on meds I think I guessed about 2700.

See what the meds give you, keep saving and researching and what will be will be.

Have a good day

Nar im not on any sort of meds at all but im seriously thinking bout it because they wouldnt say it for no reason if they wanted my money they would if said yeah u need such and such which is why i dont get y one would say yes and one would say no.

And no i havent seem should i jyst type his name in the search button or could you send me the link

Hello wizz.

Yes just get a pipp cutter and cut the 5mg tablet into four and take a quarter a day.

If you experience any side effects just alter the dose level down to say a eighth of the tablet a day or take the quarter every other day.

Sorry I cannot give you the link to the thread as I'm doing this off my phone.

Just google Bernstein medical he has quite a lot of people he treats with meds and there's a gallery of photos to look at.

Hope this helps you out a little.

Have a nice day

If i do go on meds how do you suggest i take them to aviod sides cut it in four and take a quarter a day?

No its a quarter of a 5 milligram tablet.

We all react differently to meds but we don't know till we try them out.

If I were you I would get some 5mg generic finasteride tablets and take a quarter per day.

I would also be using minoxidil 5% 2x a day.

Take some photos now then at the end of each month and compare the results to see if they are working.

Have a nice day

I just had a quick look sone if them look like they had transplants haha but mist if them are on 1.25 mill a day what is 1.25? The whole pill.. Will a quarter a day even make a difference in 10-12 months or do you reckon it will just stablelize it