going for HT with Doganay, any advises/suggestions? HELP!!

Hi guys,

I have been lurking on this website for abour 1.5years now. I am 23 year old male. I have been suffering from Hairloss for about 3years now. This took a huge hit on my self-esteem and I have been trying everything I can to have some regrowth and maintain what I have now. I have diffused thinning all over the top. Under sunlight, my scalp is very visible...I always worry about my hair going outside. I started using 1.25mg finastride about 8months ago and I have been using nizoral and minoxidil (foam 5% from costco) for a year and half. I know I am young but I have decided to go for a HT. I have contacted Dr.Rahal, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Doganay, Dr. Feller, Dr.Cooley, Dr. Epstein, and few others. Basically two doctors told me to wait couple more years before the procedure and 4 of the doctors I have contacted told me I was a suitable candidate. Of all the doctors I have decided to go to Dr. Doganay in Turkey. I have been reading and looking at his results and patient experiences for past 2 months. He recommended 2500 graft for my frontal and mid scalp area.

I do not want to live my prime age worrying about my hair... which is a big factor why I have decided to get a HT done.

I did my research and I still am in the process of it. BUT I would still appreciate any advises you guys can share with me. I chose Dr. Doganay due to his results and his affordable price.

Lastly, I understand that Turkey is not exactly the safest country to visit at the moment. What do you guys think? I am probably being paranoid but since I will be going to a forigne country, I would like this opinion as well.

Thank you for reading, I REALLY would appreciate any suggestions/comments.

Turkey isn't especially dangerous so don't let that deter you. What may cause you some concern is the fact that some patients have complained about being knocked out for their surgery only to awaken and find the doctor is nowhere to be seen and that his tech team members are doing the extractions and implantations in his absence.

For sure, Doganay has had some very good results but he's also had some donkeys a few of which can be found on here by doing a search or two. Just to get you started, check out results for BFA316. He had 5,000 grafts too; check out his 10 month results. Not cool

My suspicion is that if the doctor actually did the work rather than his techs, the clinic's results would be every bit as good as those which got him recommended status on this forum.

Turkey isn't especially dangerous so don't let that deter you. What may cause you some concern is the fact that some patients have complained about being knocked out for their surgery only to awaken and find the doctor is nowhere to be seen and that his tech team members are doing the extractions and implantations in his absence.

For sure, Doganay has had some very good results but he's also had some donkeys a few of which can be found on here by doing a search or two. Just to get you started, check out results for BFA316. He had 5,000 grafts too; check out his 10 month results. Not cool

My suspicion is that if the doctor actually did the work rather than his techs, the clinic's results would be every bit as good as those which got him recommended status on this forum.

LMAO..... every single doctor in the history of the world that performs HT's has had good and bad results so wats ur point? so Doganay has a few patients that didn't respond well like every HT doctor on earth has had and now ur questioning his recommendation? lol ur so absolutely clueless.

to the OP I apologize for cryingoutload just ignore him. he goes onto every Doganay thread and bashes him cause he's seen a couple patients that didn't respond well. he really doesn't understand how HT's work so again just ignore his ignorant comments.

Doganay is a top HT surgeon and his prices are very competitive. but if u only need 2500 grafts I wud entertain Erdogan as well. he a little more expensive but his results are outstanding as well.

techs play a role in every HT by EVERY HT doctor on earth so again, wat is ur point?

so now Dr. Doganay decides that he's gonna perform one transplant on one patient and his techs are gonna perform one on another? so wat he looks at wat day of the week it is and then decides if that a Dr. Doganay day or a TECH day? :rolleyes:

for cryingoutloud stop spreading rumors like you seem to do on every thread u post on with ur speculations and suspicions that you can't back up with anything other then ur diarrhea of the mouth.

1, Dr. Doganay has more than his fair share of average to poor results because his techs do the work - not him.

2. Of course techs are part of every surgeon's practice but PERSONALLY I wouldn't want to pay my money and have a tech doing the FUE extractions because I'm paying for the DOCTOR'S experience.

3. There's plenty of material to back up the things I've said - just run through the

'results posted by patients" sub-forum. They're there for all to see - even by clowns like you. People who've been put under for their procedure; mega sessions with terrible yields.

4. "ur", "wats"??? - Are you 12 years old?

BUSA, tell us . . . have you actually HAD A HAIR TRANSPLANT????

No I didn't think so.

You always leap to the defence of the Turkish doctors because you've booked with one and don't like to feel that your inability to pay for the Lorenzos, Bisangas and Feridunis could mean you end up with a poor result.

This from the clinic , it may help the opening poster ....by the way I've been with Doganay ....he removed 50% of my grafts then watched over the head tech , he then did the whole placement. I'm aware the head tech helps out with placement in less key areas like mid scalp while Hakan has a break . I've also heard Lorenzo will no longer be doing the full op by himself....

From the clinic..Thanks for bringing up these questions and creating a chance for us to answer them.

1) Number of Patients

We do 1 or at most 2 operations in each day. Since we use Choi Implanter pen Technique, doing several operations in same day, especially parallel operations, is not possible, and we do not recommend it.

2) Questions about our Technicians

We train our technicians carefully before they involve in any operation. We do the operations with well trained and experienced technicians. Therefore, having different technician teams is not a case. As our previous patient Mr. spitfireuk mentioned we have ONLY one team.

3) Questions about extractions

We can use both manual and motorized extraction techniques. In the motorized technique, we use the motorized tool with slow spin speed. We, therefore, don't see difference between motorized and manual techniques.

We gave an interview to Mr. Gates from UK in the video below, and you can find more detailed answers in it.

4) Questions About Putting our Patients into sleep

Few of our patients (who do not want to feel the pain of injection even if it is bearable) ask general anesthesia instead of local anesthesia . In this case we can apply general anesthesia under the control of anesthetists. However, this is a very rare case and normally we use local anesthesia. Overall, general anesthesia is just an option and we talk to our patients before applying it.

Thanks again.

Dr Hakan DOGANAY Interview - YouTube

Dr. Hakan Doganay is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

General anaesthesia administered anywhere but in a fully equipped facility is highly, HIGHLY inadvisable. If there are complications, it is imperative that all the essential equipment is at hand to avoid fatalities.

The account I read on this forum from a patient being put to sleep at Dr. Doganay's clinic didn't read like he'd been given the option although it is possible he simply couldn't remember.

I'm sure his techs are perfectly competent but THEY AIN'T SURGEONS. Patients are paying for a procedure by the guy with his name above the door and on the clinic's medical licence. They're not paying for techs to extract FUs, to make incisions or implant grafts. I suppose it's ok if the surgeon's there to oversee them but if he's off "on a break" when the patient wakes up, it's gotta be worrying.

Lorenzo does his own extractions and incisions as does Bisanga as does Feriduni as does Mwamba. None of them would be able to do their work without techs but their techs are there to provide support not shoulder the responsibility of carrying out crucial aspects of the surgery like extraction of FUs and recipient incisions. I asked my surgeon point blank during the consultation "Who is gonna do the surgery; you or your techs?" Without a second's hesitation, he answered, "Me" and I got exactly what I paid for.

Actually you are not correct here. Feriduni has technician driven extractions (similar to Erdogan's setup) and Lorenzo has technicians heavily involved in the extraction as well, and he only does the extraction for more difficult patients.

Thank you for all the replies guys!

I have been talkin to Dr.Doganay's rep and I addressed all these rumors that has been going on, such general anesthesia, tech doing most of the work, and Dr.Doganay not being present during the procedure.

Based on what the rep said, general anesthesia is an OPTION that they provide for people who are sensitive to pain (I will get local anesthesia. I will feel more comfortable that way) and Dr. Doganay will be present through out the procedure other than lunch/bathroom breaks. Once I make my 100% decision to go through with HT I will post a detailed experience from his clinic.

I am only 23years old, I really hope he's the doctor that can bring me back my confidence :)

keeping my fingers crossed.

any more comments/ advises will be greatly appreciated!!!

I asked this on my original post but I am planning to go by myself, Turkey really is a safe place for me to travel alone as long as I do not go anywhere close to the borders right? I only plan to stay at the clinic and the hotel provided from them and leave right afterwards.

Cryingoutloud- don't get me wrong if my result with Hakan is crap I will say so on here .

The knocking out thing ....very rare and done with qualified staff , I was in a huge private hospital....fully staffed. You are correct theres a few duff results but nearly all Drs have that , a sad fact and gamble of this industry....not everybody can afford Lorenzo or Black Rock but want their hair back. KO covers my point on Drs now sharing out duties in the above post , like you I feel it's not ideal but it seems it's the way things are going. To say Hakan doesn't do it in your first post simply isn't true mate , I think you need to look into him a bit more before making claims like that in public. I went to the mighty Dr Feller first time around back in 2007 , techs were working on implanting on me way back then .......paid a lot more too.

Please feel free to Pm me if you want to learn a bit more about Dr Hakan.

techs play a role in every HT by EVERY HT doctor on earth so again, wat is ur point?

for cryingoutloud stop spreading rumors like you seem to do on every thread u post on with ur speculations and suspicions that you can't back up with anything other then ur diarrhea of the mouth.

Are there two BUSA here?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178160-maral-ergin-eser-aydogdu-acar-fue-transplantation.html

POSTED BY BUSA. the only thing STUPID is putting ur precious hair follicles in the hands of technicians vs a real DOCTOR!