Hair Transplant doctor in Pakistan? Any advice?

elvispoem

Hello all,

I am currently 25 years old suffering from alopecia. I have been on propecia for about 9 months now. My father is bald and so was my grand father.

I will be consulting with doctors here in NY in a few weeks (Dr. True, Dr. Wesley, and perhaps Dr. Feller). I've attached pics of my current situation.

Due to the high expected costs, I am most likely going to get a HT in Pakistan. Can someone please provide any recommendations for a HT doctor in Pakistan? Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Dr. Humayun Mohmand because I will only be in Pakistan for a limited time. I have seen positive reviews of Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry in Lahore, Pakistan but I am uncertain of how valid these reviews are.

Can anyone recommend any other HT surgeon in Pakistan?

Many thanks,

Adil

5b32e3c54286e_photo5.jpg.24b98d20c12f21928e4b257c5cf07606.jpg

5b32e3c55fde7_photo3.jpg.8784ac480e0fabe8eaad1ffb4f1a5638.jpg

5b32e3c56dc70_photo9.jpg.5d00da635fc775ba6419fe75fb728c42.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg.a5d856148db7a25162b4ff7e5dc6a851.jpg

I would reccomned no hair transplant, when hairloss is this signifigant this early on its a sign that hair transplant is not a good option. sorry i know that is not what you want to hear. if you have loads of money and can afford it...then perhaps do it if you have alot of body hair as well because their are alot of doctors who can transplant body hair as well. i wish you the best and hope propecia and surgeons prove me wrong

• 2 months later...

Hi

I would suggest that you give careful consideration to the choice of surgeon before a HT. What you don't want is to compromise the quality due to financial restraints. This will only cause more distress especially if the outcome is a poor result and wasted grafts.

First thing is that you are too young for HT. Wait for at least 3 more years.

Second thing is that you should get your Norwood level and donor (head, beard and body) evaluated - you may post pictures of your donor area here after cutting your head donor to length of 1 inch or less. To me, it seems that you are between N5 and N6 now.

Last, you can still have good results with HT provided that you do good research.

Hey man,

I would recommend not having it done by a Pakistani doctor. It's a miss or hit. Just save for a few years and get it done by someone with stellar reputation, patient experience and results to speak for. I know someone who had it done from Pakistan and had to get it repaired via mega session in Canada. Just my two cents, money should not be a deciding factor. Cheers