Dr Hakan Doganay 4290 grafts over 2 days 13/01/15 and 14/01/15 JAN

Delboy0000

Hair Donor 2280

Beard Donor 2010

Hi Folks ok so been reading forum for past year but this is my 1st post as just had my operation in Antalya Turkey My hair had been thinning I would say to Norwood 5/6 scale but I have never taken meds before. I choose Dr Hakan Doganay by looking and studying his work on this forum as that I could see he was good at getting best results with people with limited hair donor area as I was in that bracket. I decided to fly over from UK in November to meet Dr Hakan Doganay and his Represesative Muslum and the Private Hospital Clinic Dr Doganay and Muslum had confirmed limited donor area but I was a good candidate for beard hair I stayed for one night I can say I was impressed with people and clinic and decided to book in for operation asap which was 12/13th Jan just gone.

My journey started from UK Gatwick where I stayed a night at Airport just in case of delays getting there from another airport etc. Arriving at Antalya Sun eve 14th already on a delayed flight and delays on getting bags out of the plane seriously I sure there was like only one baggage guy doing two planes that just arrived lol! I was meet buy the AHD rep outside who kindly been waiting there for ages and taken straight to the Private Clinic its now late in the evening by time I get there nerves still going crazy I try and get some sleep.

DAY 1 First Operation – Hair extraction / Implantation

Nurse brings Breakfast in early first thing followed another Nurse later to take blood, shortly after its down to see Dr Hakan Doganay his rep Muslin is there to help with translations etc. really nice people always made me comfortable as I was nervous and still lot going through my head. Dr Doganay does further checks and confirm hair line etc. with to give best results with the possible grafts I told my hair donor area is limited which I was originally informed. Straight onto taking pictures / hair shaved and into the operation room where Dr Doganay and team start the extraction this roughly too 3hrs lying face down then I stopped for some lunch and the next process was the implantation again roughly another 3hrs. Pain killer injection given to help then back to my room feeling very tired at this stage of to rest then sleep ready for Day 2. 2280 grafts extracted which was pretty good from my limited area.

DAY 2 Second Operation – Beard extraction / Implantation

Early morning start on this day again more blood taken for PRP in the operation room again Dr Doganay is there doing the local anaesthetic and implantation there are also techs in the room assisting with all the works and I’m always asked by Dr Doganay and Techs if I am ok and comfortable again this took about 5-6hrs with a quick break and was inform they got a good extraction of 2010 grafts back to room after another long day to rest.

Day 3 Wash Head / Medicine instructions

After some rest I’m taken to go through the medicine I need to take all is very well explained by Nurse and Muslum is there to help then and has always been checking up make sure I’m ok and answers all question I have... Nurse’s show explain how was hair after procedure and how to take use medicine again very information and very helpful at all times.

I will be taking Finasteride aka Propecia and after 1 Month I will start tu use Minoxidil/Rogain spray and Biotin vitamin as instructed by clinic this will help with results

That’s it for now I’m Staying in another hotel for few nights before I head back home I hope I given you some experncie of my operation just want to say all went well and they have a really good team working here Dr Doganay nice honest bloke speaks a little English but always made me feel confident in the work he does and as always Muslum was always there to help me with anything very nice guy and of course the team around them.

I will do my best to update when I can with some pictures I know it’s a awaiting game now just not looking forward to the ugly duckling phase .. I will post some pics at the 4/5 Month stage if I can I’ll do some prior.. attached my before pic and post opp pics

I wish the best to all the others that have just had the procedure.

Take care for now my Journey begins.

5b32e3c3c2683_Before1.JPG.658f7a7b4f19607e6254dbf7305c8423.JPG

5b32e3c3dbbd5_Before2.JPG.01bb218c15729726937b4e2024b96fd3.JPG

5b32e3c3ec51a_Before3.JPG.aa221bde746129061b6f46cfba14ff0c.JPG

5b32e3c40cba9_Afterpic1.JPG.e87ab7b3bd85124210ba25a43307a26e.JPG

5b32e3c4234e7_afterpic2.JPG.acf7cd59c74ea584291fa091a917af28.JPG

5b32e3c42f1e2_AfterPic4.JPG.2dd2807b1b38008a9fadf05c6beeb37b.JPG

Edited by Delboy0000

Congratulations Delboy!

Thanks for sharing the details of your experience and your photos. The work looks excellent.

Grow well!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looking good delboy, great write up !

Takes me back to last week when I was there for my HT... I had the same emotions and experience . I echo your sentiments about the clinic , the staff Muslum and Dr Hakan was as you described , also Muslum has responded very quickly with any questions I have had since returning to UK.

All in all a very positive experience for us both !!!

Looking forward to seeing how we both progress.

PS - Good move staying at the airport , I missed my flight due to travel issues 2 weeks prior !

• 3 weeks later...
Any update on this? Looks to be healing very quickly.

Hi Hairloss 1984 i am just about reaching the 1 Month stage I think all is going ok and was going to post pics over next few days when I can get my friend to take the pictures I will post them

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Any updates?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

may i put in for a request to see your Beard donor area.... very keen to see your results with BHT

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• Administrators
Hi HTsoon ive been really busy with work at mo as off on annual leave shortly have some pics will try update soon if not defo in next months update

thanks

Thanks man, I'm going to Dr. Doganay and I plan on getting 1,500 bears grafts and hopefully 1,000 scalp grafts, so pretty much what you got done, I'm interested to see what it looks like, can you show us your beard donor area as well?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.