FT - Soon to take the plunge

Wdwhufc

Guys

Here's me with and without my nanogen fibres. Looking at it, I can't believe I still get the coverage I do from the fibres! Using plenty of hairspray though

Anyway I think I'm about to take the plunge and go to it. Will be the FT route

I had a few consultations with several Harley street clinics so I'll be picking one of those I think

All clinics made me aware that I wouldnt have a huge amount of coverage due to the extent of my hairloss

Before I do I would love to get your thoughts and any advice you can offer

Thanks guys

image.jpg.ebea643873fdf0159aa30903cfb0653e.jpg

That's quite an impressive result from Nanogen you should get on their website!

Harley Street is a real mixed bag of clinics and you should do your research before taking the next step. How many grafts are these clinics recommending? Have you seen any transplants in person to see what they look like in person on a advanced Norwood?

It depends on what your donor density, laxity (if fut), hair caliber, the size of your head and where you start the hairline as to how much coverage can be gained without compromising too much on the density.

These things can only be properly assessed in person. I would look at a few recommended clinics on here before you take the plunge.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Meh, I have not seen a lot of great things about Harley Street on here. Mostly disappointed patients honestly.

I would reach out to Garageland or Spex or go to some other clinics in Europe like Bisanga or Feriduni (sp?).

You have a lot of options so do your research.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ive also asked one company if they are able to follow my current hairline ratherr than recreate the original hairline we 're born with. I think this would be better for me as it's more relevant to my age and also far less of a dramatic change

The Docs from the UK that are recommended here are Reddy and Farjo and should be your starting place. You are wise to rebuild a new hairline and not follow your original one you have a lot of coverage required and if your donor is only average you are not going to be able to cover it all.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Any pics?

Also, trying to narrow it down to a couple cities in England is bonkers. Take some very good advice and continue to research. Not saying that there aren't good docs there, but you should find your favorite doc and go where he is. This is a life long decision.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

My pics are in the first 2 posts of this thread

I have an appointment to see Dr Reddy at Harley street on Wednesday 28th Jan. I'll let you know how that goes guys

Crystal clear on doing the reserch guys and I very much have been. Although yes so far, I haven't looked any further afield than London at the moment. Any suggestions please?

I think I'll also go along to see garageland on the 6th Feb. I'll email you

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

I had my consultations for FUE earlier this week. Two in totaL, there was meant to be a 3rd Consulation but I've had to reschedule. Probably for next week or week after

The Wimpole Clinic (Manchester Street, London)

This clinic I had visited in March last year and I thought i would visit again for a little more info and understanding of what woukd happen and what I could (hopefully) expect

I had a meeting with a lady called Billie and then later Dr May

They basically stated that using my available donor, they could transfer 2500 grafts and the cost would be ?11000 which we be carried over 2 separate sessions. (One now and another at a later date) However this was then dropped to ?8000 if I agrred to have the procedure over 2 consecutive days with them

They stated that the density would be pretty reasonable and would cover the whole of the scalp expect a small area at the crown

The Private Clinic (Harley street, London)

I met with a youngish guy called David. He was a representative of the clinic acting on behalf of Dr Raghu Reddy and Dr Kouremada Zioga

He stated that with the donor available, he could transfer 2000 grafts but he would like me to revisit to meet with Dr Raghu Reddy so he could asses my hair loss and donor hair to see if 2000 grafts would be possible. This would be at a cost of 120000

He says that I wouldn't have a full head of hair and the density wouldnt be amazing but decent. There wouldn't be enough to cover the whole area and I woukd be left with the crown being bald and some of the scalp would remain bald

I have to say that I ffelt TPC to be of a professional outfit although of course there is a large difference in cost.i didn't feel that confident with TWC really

Researching online I have seen that Dr May doesn't have particularly good reviews (although these are quite old reviews from some years ago) where as Dr Raghu Reddy looks to have good reviews

Your views on the above or anyone with experience of having work carried by either of the above Drs, your comments would be really appreciated

Thanks guys

Have you looked into Farjo? I think it would be worth a shot to look into them. They're definitely top of the line and deliver solid results. You can reach out to Mick from Farjo on the forum if you want to pursue them further.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56