2 year post-op density assessment

xtatic5

I'm two years out from my hairline lowering procedure with Dr. Radha. I received approximately 1957 grafts to the hairline over an area of 40 sq cm for a density of 49%. Are these pictures consistent with those figures? Thanks for your opinions.

IMAG0046_1.jpg.95812ebbfcd1e1be891b135aef0e366f.jpg

IMAG0048_1.jpg.6c0508a0be39cb0a498e06240c36148e.jpg

Edited by xtatic5

IMO its hard to tell on just the two photos ( I would have like to have seen the hairline at different angles.) Here is something to think about, from what I've read for each norwood level 2-7 it is roughly estimated that there is about a 10,000 hairs lost for norwood levels starting at 2 Example a Norwood 2 would have roughly lost about 10,000 hairs. Over the course of 18 months I have had two FUT procedures totaling 3096 grafts totaling about 6400 hairs. So I can say "roughly" that I have about 64% density recovered in the transplanted areas and in hair transplant one can achieve 50% density and it will look like 100%. Again this is a very rough estimate but I can say after my results (and roughly 64% of density) that my results look like i have a full had of hair. Overall your hairline looks pretty solid and natural, anything added after that would just be a bonus

Thanks bmw. I've seen plenty of pictures where 50% looks like 100% but I can definitely see the reduced density in my recipient area (my scalp is invisible everywhere else). Thus, I'm skeptical of this density figure.

Xtactic5,

We are always going to be our biggest critic, nit picking at the littlest things. The few people I have told about my procedure can't even tell but "I know" and "can tell" the difference. Also I feel that the way the "hair" is styled can play a role in the "scalp exposure." I personally, I like to use hair product and flip my hair in the front, but If i were to simply comb my hair over to one side you wouldn't be a able to see any scalp. Another thing IMO is that in normal lighting you can't really tell anything has been done but if I am under a bright light, then you can see the difference. A couple of things I do to "increase" the look is I use a shampoo called "THE BIG 3" and it is a shampoo that rids the scalp of "DHT", topically of course and it is also great for given the hair a lot of volume, which make the hair look fuller. I also accompanied this by blow drying my hair which also adds to the volume. I recommend trying these things, especially the shampoo "THE BIG THREE BY LIPOGAINE." It a little pricy but works well. Overall, I from the pictures look pretty solid and if your not doing the tips I provided above, give it a shot, I am sure it will help. Out of curiosity, how many "hairs" did your 1957 graft procedure

I agree that it doesn't look like more than 35 fu/cm2. I tried to count them myself and I estimated between 30 and 40. I think I'll need an additional 1000 grafts (FUE this time) to be satisfied but I'm hesitant to exhaust my donor supply before I'm 35. I also want to get an official density measurement so that I can see if the numbers add up. The doctor's graft estimates varied from 2700 (pre-op) to 3000 (intra-op) to 2267 (final).