Caboki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've used the three major fiber concealers: Nanogen, Caboki, and Toppik. I personally prefer Caboki for all hair lengths, Nanogen is a close second. Toppik is my least favorite. Caboki and Nanogen have similar binding qualities, they sit dont cake on the scalp, where as Toppik sticks to hair and falls mostly on the scalp.

My method for application is probably different than most. I have thinning hair on the top, so after adding a soy based pomade to my hair, I sprinkle the fibers on, then work it in to style. Less is always more at first, you can always add additional fibers after working it in the first pass.

Caboki is great! If you had HT and are WAITING your hair to thickening to match your native hair give this product a try. I have been using it for about 6 months, love it.

I've only tried Toppik when I was given a couple of samples by Dr. Alexander. I only use it a couple of times but it made a nice improvement. When all is said and done with my lates procedure, I intend to give Caboki or Nanogen a try.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I use Hair so Real. It costs so much less than any other brand and works well. A Goodson brand powder applicator allows for finite control in the hair line, so much that you can mimic a natural one. Use a super soft horse hair brush patting straight down on the frontal hairs and it softens the transition. A number 3 hold spray and you are good to go.

I use this for many years and am still doing so 7 months post op from my surgery. I am hoping that there will be enough density so as not to have to rely on it so much, may a fine misting. Wish me luck as I do so for all of you.

BMB

• 4 weeks later...