Steven Gabel MD FACS – FUE 2102 grafts – Frontal Hairline-Portland/Seattle

This patient is a 42-year-old male who desired to enhance his frontal hairline. His preference was to have FUE as there are times that he shaves his head and he wanted to avoid a linear scar.

Exam revealed very medium caliber black hair and definite thinning at the frontal hairline region. We transplanted 2102 follicular unit grafts approximately 6 months ago. When I perform FUE, I utilize between a 0.8 – 1.0 mm round FUE punches depending upon the diameter of the follicular units.

As the surgeon, I perform every punch; afterwards, between my experienced staff and myself ,we extract the grafts. Not infrequently, I will do all the extractions after I incise the grafts with the round blades. Once the grafts are extracted, they are all examined under the binocular microscopes for their integrity. If they are not found intact or transected, they are either used but not counted in the final graft count or discarded. Each graft, once extracted, is also immediately bathed in HypoThermasol. After 500 grafts are extracted, I will make the sites and my team and I place the grafts. We will then put the patient back in the prone position to extract more grafts. We continue alternating between extraction and placement until our plan is accomplished.

The photographs presented show the proposed outline of the frontal hairline and his 6-month growth. The patient does not live in the area so he sent me these 3 photos. He will also send me his 1-year photographs that I will post.

Frontal_zps533b4535.jpg

right_zps9d7b5931.jpg

left_zpsb97ba4af.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

This is what I love about Dr. Gabel's clinic (aside from the great work) - awesome transparency. Some docs leave so much ambiguity about who does what aspects of the procedure, so seeing such an open and clear breakdown of how duties are split between the doctor and techs is really reassuring. I wish everyone would do the same, and I think it's the least that a prospective patient is entitled to.

Can't wait for updates!

Great work! This patient was a good FUE candidate.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I would truly appreciate the results if we could see a pic of the hair pulled back, exposing the hairline. That would be a fair comparison. Maybe on the 12 month mark? Good result for 6 months though.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Looking good so far and nice detailed explanation of the procedure.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thank you for the positive comments on this FUE patient. This patient is from out of state so I will do my best to get future follow up photographs.

@hairlosscpa: I agree. When I did a 6-month Skype followup evaluation with this patient, he was able to pull his hair back and show the results to me, but I did not get that view with the photos I was sent. For the 12-month followup photographs, I will specifically ask him to pull his hair back so we can the exact transplanted areas.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thank you for the positive comments on this FUE patient. This patient is from out of state so I will do my best to get future follow up photographs.

@hairlosscpa: I agree. When I did a 6-month Skype followup evaluation with this patient, he was able to pull his hair back and show the results to me, but I did not get that view with the photos I was sent. For the 12-month followup photographs, I will specifically ask him to pull his hair back so we can the exact transplanted areas.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Dr. Gabel's Website