Realistic expectation (FUE)

Hello all,

I am new here and would like your opinion regarding a FUE HT.

I know I don't have a large donorarea, and a large area to cover.

I have always been shorthaired and will keep it like that. If I can just avoid a shiny bald head it's a victory for me.

Since price is a factor I have been looking in direction of the Turkey clinics.

I have had offers from "FUE factories" where anything is possible for a fixed price :confused:. They seem amateurish and I am not sure who actually perfoms the HT.

Have also been in a dialogue with a few estableshed clinics/doctors who think my donor area can supply 2000 - 3500 grafts.

Also had a response from a well known doctor who said my donorarea is not sufficient for a FUE.

What should I believe? And what would you suggest?

I think 2000 grafts should be harvestable, but there needs to be further consideration if your donor is really the "safe zone" it should be. I mean, you appearently lost considerable density at there, too, if I`m right?

Which argumentation did the surgeon offer who denied the realization of a FUE?

That said, you could definitely opt for at least a minor BHT/FUE mix, if you have a good BHT donor. That along with SMP could give you the illusion of a full head of hair buzzcut (!). Imo the chance to grow out the hair and have a natural look is just not given.

Good luck with your decision, all the best :)

From your pics your donor area looks poor to me & looking into FUE is proberly the best route but IMHO I know you don't want to hear this but I don't think its the best way forward for you.

Be very carefull as there will be a select HT Drs who will tell you what you want to hear & take your money anyways.

Here is the positive news IMHO

You have a great shape head & obvious you keep it short / buzzed down & looking into SMP the temp SMP I mean may work wonders for the shape & size of your head.

In fact I think you could be a great guy to have this done & if you don't like it being its only temp then it will just fade away over time.

SMP is defo worth a look into IMHO.

Best wishes.

. If I can just avoid a shiny bald head it's a victory for me.

Have also been in a dialogue with a few estableshed clinics/doctors who think my donor area can supply 2000 - 3500 grafts.

Also had a response from a well known doctor who said my donorarea is not sufficient for a FUE.

What should I believe? And what would you suggest?

your expectation looks realistic. You have NW7 and 2 session of FUE can even provide more than this

Donor area potential for the maximum number of grafts can only be understandable during operation, to understand what the capacity of donors are, see this link;

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177919-4th-hair-transplant-3700-grafts-maral-clinic.html

If your donor is weak, it may give 3000-3500 grafts in the 1st session and you may expect something like this; http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177240-fue-3150-grafts-grade-5-6-dr-maral-15-sep-2014-a.html

If it is good, it may give 4000-4500 grafts and you can expect more, This guy looks like you and he seems to started with more than 4500 grafts, and even some guys did not recommend him HT, this may be your case. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174041-my-journey-dr-maral-march-2014-a.html

If your donor is very good, you may begin like this;

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177534-fue-4750-grafts-grade-6-dr-maral-clinic-nov-23-2014-a.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177318-dr-maral-24-10-2014-5200-grafts-nw6.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177877-hair-transplant-dr-tugrul-maral-5200-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172287-my-progress-dr-maral.html

Good luck,your only chance is FUE and.......:) I think most clinics will reject you but....:)

If the pictures don`t lie, MrAze had a better donor capacity than mikewest, and still the result looks awful imho. At least grown out. It just looks awkward. My point is that from some point on, a buzzcut is just all that is possible, and this is a clear case for that situation. I just don`t want mikewest to get expectations which leave him disappointed, or even disfigured afterwards. Look at MrAzes results, and think about if you`re gonna be happy with this result. And if you`re gonna be happy if it`s gonna be half the density even. What`s also to take into account is that MrAze not only has a better donor, but got lucky with a good yield rate, which is not given in every case. Lastly I need to emphasize once more that to me the donor looks like it`s gonna thin out further in the years to come, and thus is not the zone it in the first place needs to be in order to get a HT.

So just have realistic expectations... Don`t go with the doc who surely will be there and happy to promise you what you want to hear, but not the truth. Rather listen to us doomsayers and get positively surprised in relation afterwards ;)

Question,

Mr Aze has just posted his 6th month progress, this is not the result, just the beginning and he is very happy with that up to now, and his result will come after his 2nd session, his donor after 4500+ grafts removal still shows very good density even with short haircut,he will get a 2nd session with 3000+ more grafts possibly, who closed NW7 up to now with one session? Why do you neglect this facts??

Read the first page of Mr Aze, one guy said him that his donor was bad,but it turned out to be good. Donor appearance with short hair cut (even with normal cut) does tell nothing, donor capacity can only be understandable at surgery.

Anyway, this guy says just to avoid shiny bald head is enough for him, and even if his donor is weak, 2 FUE sessions with 3500 + 2000; total 5500 grafts can provide this. And after that if he wears donor hair long enough -2-3 cm, donor appearance will be the same.

Anyway nothing can be quaranteed, you right, But nothing wrong to be optimistic rather than to be pessimistic at the beginning, No risk no gain. :)

Edited by GraveD11gger

Yeah, you may be right, pictures often lie ;)

I get your point, and you get mine I think, I`m not here to argue, but like you, to help people do the right decision. It in this case definitely would involve not to take MrAzes result as a reference for his own potential outcome, because the donor cannot be compared, even taking picture inaccuracies into account. I know that you know that, but I always try to put myself in the shoes of someone who is a noob still and maybe goes after hope rather than pure objective evaluation. So I think we`re both right, we are just presenting two different point of views. I know MrAze is only in month 6, but I can see now that he never will be able to grow his hair out more than 1 cm without looking odd, even after another procedure mikewest can forget anyway (Ok, maybe some bodyhair, but grown out that looks even more unnatural). So again, only in order to get that "shiny" look away, a procedure imo can be done, but that`s where his expectations should end.

At least that`s how I would approach it mentally and technically. I`d never do what MrAze tried to do, it looks like desperation to me. Some things one needs to accept. Mikewest has a beautiful head shape, and to me a bald head worn with pride shows some strength, individuality, masculinity, style and experience. While I don`t wanna parade the attributes associated with an unsuccessful attempt to cover that head.

Edited by Questionmark