Best concealer post op

I'm scheduled for a procedure in a few weeks and I was wondering what you guys think is the best concealer to be used post op. First criteria would of course be something that wouldn't in anyway be harmful to graft growth. For what it's worth, I'm having density added to existing grafts in my hairline (1,000). I'm somewhat fair skinned and and have light brown hair. Thank you very much in advance community.

Gram,

It's generally safe to begin using fiber type hair loss concealers like Toppik, Nanogen, Caboki, etc, after the scabs fall off. However, it's always a good idea to check with your hair transplant surgeon for their post-operative care advice.

You may want to avoid make-up style concealers like DermMatch as they may cause problems. For more information, view the following article on our Hair Loss Q&A Blog by Dr. Victor Hasson, Possible Complications From Using “Makeup Type” Concealer After a Hair Transplant Procedure.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

david is spot on , BUT I wud Not touch any Concealors till 6 Months , becos I think they can choke the grafts and hence block the hair from growing , around the first 3 Months its generally the skin is healing so I wud advice a Lot of Fresh Air and Rogaine . Keep it simple and do not stress , becos around the 2-3 Months .... u will Look as Ugly as you can , after that the Magic begins .

I used concealers I would say practically the day my scabs came off, no problems whatsoever. But you should definitely ask your Doc.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture