3850 grafts - HT with Dr Erkan Demirsoy January 7, 2015

Khaled

Good morning

Yesterday my procedure of HT was completed with Dr Erkan

At 8:00 am I was picked from the hotel by Mr. Muzaffar that was very helpful person during the planning phase. We arrived at the hospital within less than 5 minutes. It worth mentioning that the day before yesterday I had a discussion meeting with Dr Erkan about my case and the the recommended hairline

Any way, we arrived to Dr Erkan's clinic and I was given some papers that include general terms and conditions as well as possible risks and side affect. I signed the papers and then proceeded to see Dr Erkan in his office.

He started drawing the hairlines and after some discussion we agreed on them. Then the hair cut started by the two nice nurses ( Karemat and Katharine). After cleaning my head from the residual hair I was moved to the surgery bed where I got the 1st local anesthesia injection at 9:05 am in the wright side of the donor area and shortly after that Dr Erkan started the extraction , using micrometer tool, which took him around 2 hours and then he went for a short break and one of his assistant started cleaning the donor are from remaining grafts. After around 10 minutes Dr Erkan came back and he stared the extraction from the left side following the same procedure of the wright side

The extraction took around 4 hours and completed around 1:20 pm. At that time I was really in need for a short break. The lunch was ready in a room next to the operation room. After I had the lunch, we started the 2nd phase of the surgery which is preparing the holes for future grafts.

Dr Erkan started making the holes around 1:40 which went very smooth even it last more than three hours. After that the two assistants started inserting the grafts in the holes prepped by Dr Erkan. In my opinion this is the most difficult part not from pain point of view but at this time you become very tired and your body specially the backbone wants big reset. But I was encouraging my self and trying to raise my moral by reflecting on what I have done to do this surgery. Also I hade one ore two brakes to move around the surgery bed.

Any way the procedure was completed around 9:15 pm. I took snap shoot of the last transplanted graft after counting 1, 2 , 3. It was very nice count by the nurses. After that the usual procedure of spreading antibiotic cream on the donor are and covering it it with a bandage. Dr Erkan came to me and explained the required steps that I need to follow until the next visit and he took some pictures. He gave me antibiotic and pain killer and then we left the hospital shortly after that but the weather was really bad. The temperature was -4 C and reaching the care with heavy snow was big challenge.

Muzaffar retuned me back to the hotel and I had quick dinner then I went to bed. There was no pain but I did not have good sleeping.

My 1st head wash is planned today around 2 pm and after that I will post all my pictures.

Before I conclude, I would like to thank Dr Erkan and his team for the well done job. The thanks and appreciation is extended to Mr. Muzaffar and the two nurses that have done super job during the different phases of the HT surgery

I hope the future result will meet my expectations and dreams

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Khaled! Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed account of your hair transplant experience. Do you plan to post any photos?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

congratulations the results are really good an the anterior hair line looks very natural

but i see some space between ur natural and transplanted hair on the left side

offcourse that wont be apparent when the hair grow but i wish if it wasnt seen

i wish u would post the details about that doctor

thnx in advance

Thanks Busa and Rabian for the encouraging words. On end of the 2nd day I had swelling and it came down on my eyes and face. It was really bad experience and when I look at the mirror, I could not recognize my self but now it went off and everything is okay.

Also, I could not sleep well because of the pain from the donor area when it touches the pillow.

Now at the 6th day, things are almost back to normal and it will post weekly update during the 1st month.

Regarding Dr Erkan profile, you just need to type his 1st name in the search icon at this site and you will find good data. I

Thanks again all

congratulations the results are really good an the anterior hair line looks very natural

but i see some space between ur natural and transplanted hair on the left side

offcourse that wont be apparent when the hair grow but i wish if it wasnt seen

i wish u would post the details about that doctor

thnx in advance

Good morning Rabian. I have contacted Dr Erkan coordinator Mr Muzaffar and he provide me with following input about Dr Erkan. Thanks

Dr.Erkan Demirsoy performs hair surgery approximately for 15 years. He started with FUT technique and in 2005 he switched to FUE technique which is the modern technique of the era. Dr.Erkan Demirsoy performs FUE method with either manual punch or micromotor based on our patients' wishes

Dr.Erkan Demirsoy - Born in Gaziantep in 1969. He is married and has two sons. 1987-1993 Gazi University Faculty of Medicine

1994-1995 Compulsory service in Muş province

1995-1996 Compulsory service in Adapazarı (Pamukova)

1996-2000 Heybeliada Chest Diseases and Chest Surgery Training and Research Hospital (specialization)

2000 Started hair surgery in a private clinic in Istanbul.

2003 Accepted to ISHRS (The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) membership. 2004 Took FUE technique training from Dr.Alex Ginzburg.

2004 Completed Medical Esthetic Application training of Ministry of Health.

2004 Founded Armamed

Seminaries and Congresses -

-ISHRS Congress New York, NY 2003

-Attestato di partecipazione Carbossiterapia, Istanbul 2005

-Associazione Medica Italiana di Omotossicologia Homotoxicology and aesthetic medicine, Istanbul 2005

-ISHRS Annual Meeting, Amsterdam, Holland, 2009

Memberships

- The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)

- Turkish Doctor's Union (TTB)

• 4 weeks later...

The work looks good and should make a huge difference.

All the best with it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

Good morning all

Now it is three months since I had my HT with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy and I have seen some good results but according to Dr. Demirsoy, I will experinces better result during the coming three months. The photo that I'm including is a fresh one. I just had it few minutes ago and it was outdoor photo.

Best regards to all of you

image.jpg.af4c802adc3b703f3f7942a39a50a9a4.jpg

Thanks refuse2lose for your nice comment and I hope things will be much better during the coming three months.

Jessop- yes my friend this photo is of normal and dry hair.

Regards,

Khaled