Finally getting my First FUE at 26. Pics Inside

Hey everyone! Im new on here but I have browsed for the last couple years. Im 26 and Im currently a norwood 3. I have been losing my hair since about 19 years old. It has been receding since 19 and thinning slowly. I would say over the last 3 years the hair loss has stopped an im left with a receded hairline and thinning all over. Its not horrible and I have always shaved my head to hide it as best as possible.

Luckily I look good with a shaved head, but I have always wanted to grow it out just a bit and have a hairstyle. even though it is shaved to a number 1 always I can definitely see the recession and when light hits it doesn't look appealing to me. Now I will show the photos.

Im scheduled to have my FUE surgery on February 10th with Dr Rahal in Ottawa. Ive done a lot of research and Ive heard a lot of good about him. I am getting 1500 grafts placed into my frontal hairline and into the temples. I have been on and off the fence for 3 years now about getting this done but finally I said screw it. I became debt free last Christmas and told myself to save to make myself happy. So in the last few months I saved up the total amount and just paid it off in full yesterday!!!

One question I had was during the actual day of surgery do people actually negotiate to get a few more grafts to fill in spots? Im not really losing anything in my crown yet but Ive thought about getting maybe even 500 more in there to fill in the density a bit to give the whole top a nice new start. Opinions? Maybe im just overthinking. All opinions welcomed!! I know getting this done will change my life! I will wake up not staring at my head in the mirror 24 7

20150107_000507_zps0cd10846.jpg

20150107_000653_zps63513905.jpg

20150107_000547_zpsec3aca0b.jpg

20150107_000557_zps420a34b3.jpg

20150107_000535_zpsb053ce51.jpg

Congratulations! Dr. Rahal does some of the finest hairlines in the business.

As for the crown, in my opinion, you don't need any crown work. Transplanting into an area that is already quite full can result in transection of existing hairs. I say wait. Restore the hairline and see how it goes.

Are you stabilizing your hair loss with finasteride or Rogaine?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

^ thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated. I have never taken anything to combat my hair loss. I went on Accutane when I was younger and that's when the thinning happened. Ive had no further hair loss in the last 3 - 4 years. Id like to stay on the route of not taking anything for it. After the transplant I definitely want to keep it all and not lose anymore so I might look into something after. Does it appear that 1500 should be a perfect amount for me?

I have an upcoming HT with Dr. Rahal as well (PM'd you), I believe you can ask for more day of, in fact you need to provide a CC just in case they do manage to extract more. I'd guess based on your consult day of he will come up with a more exact estimate (based on the actual quality of your donor hair, scalp laxity, and any hairline/crown considerations you discuss)

• 1 month later...

Pauth,

You look like a good FUE candidate. My guess is that this will turn out well. Like David said, however, preventive medications would really be the "cherry on top" of your solid results! Regardless, congrats bud! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congrats on your first ht!

All the best with it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.