Dr. Lindsey FUE repair of strip scar with video McLean VA

This nice man had a significant strip scar issue. He sought automated fue repair at a local clinic which was not successful other than leaving lots of medium sized punch scars, which you can see around his strip scar in the pictures.

Shown are his preop pictures, one month scar check showing graft shedding but no shockloss, 3 month and 10 month followup. He's likely to re-visit us in the next few years and I'll try to update this when he's ready for more hair up front.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

The video is :

3.jpg.97bd71bbcd2157f78b69a50c4c1ca7be.jpg

20.jpg.83a1957c7ec041a31274fbb0af55a444.jpg

5b32e3a1f260b_30(3).jpg.9c2038cdb8a7b7c298161e9fa9b29f02.jpg

101.jpg.bc49aaf5bd66b18b85a1004c0a6750fa.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey,

Nice work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Im a big fan of Dr Lindsey work, to see the results here in full, I believe the hair needs to be shaved down as pervious showed in the first few sec's of the video, only than we will see the results of the camouflage FUE he has done.

I don't disagree....but you try to bring up that we need to shave the back of the head to a postop patient who is finally not ashamed of the scar....

Guys just don't go for it.

I frequently get asked what percentage of grafts take....and I think to really examine that a practice would have to, on a number of different patients, shave them down at 15 months and count what grafts they see growing and compare this to what was placed...again in 19 years, even on small cases where we've kind of kicked this idea around, nobody had volunteered.

So you are correct in pointing out you really can't tell how much success we had other than by 1. a reasonable visual exam and 2. how this guy carries himself.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians