This 33-year-old gentleman had a transplant a few years ago at another clinic to increase the density of his frontal hairline. After the procedure, he felt that the hairline was not straight with the left side higher then the right side.

After a thorough consultation, both the patient and I designed his desired hairline that he felt was straight and would balance the left and right sides appropriately. He desired more hair on the left side, but also wanted to augment the entire frontal hairline. We transplanted 1238 grafts into the first couple centimeters with a greater emphasis on the left side to correct the imbalance.

The photographs presented are 18 months after the procedure at the Gabel Center. We do not have his original preoperative photographs (prior to his first hair transplant) to show. The photographs here depict his preoperative state with us, photographs depicting the proposed lines, immediate postoperative photographs, and the 18-month results.

CentralHairline_zpse2529ca2.jpg

LeftBefore_zpse3e9ac38.jpg

rightbefore_zps8f1433b6.jpg

Leftbeforewithoutline_zpsb13e61a2.jpg

rightbeforewithoutline_zps3730a6be.jpg

CentralImmediate_zps958cd493.jpg

rightimmediate_zps2f8b2f72.jpg

Leftimmediate_zps02ba2191.jpg

Edited by Steve Gabel, M.D.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Very nice outcome for this patient.

Congrats.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Fantastic work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the positive comments on the results this patient received. This patient lives in the Portland vicinity so I'm hoping that I can continue to update his photographs over the years.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I see the patient didn't require shaving his head for the number of graphs he received (1238)...is there a graph limit that determines when its mandatory to save the entire head? Could say 2500 graphs be done to the frontal hairline and temples without having to shave the head bald? are there pros and cons to shaving vs not? Thanks.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

• 1 month later...
I see the patient didn't require shaving his head for the number of graphs he received (1238)...is there a graph limit that determines when its mandatory to save the entire head? Could say 2500 graphs be done to the frontal hairline and temples without having to shave the head bald? are there pros and cons to shaving vs not? Thanks.

MattyNJ1: I evaluate each case individually. There are some patients that I can do more grafts without shaving depending upon how difficult or how much time it will take. I don't want to sacrifice the survivability of the grafts with any case if it takes to long to plant the grafts. Even through we use specialized solutions to store the grafts, I still like to have them planted in a timely fashion. Also, if I am doing a large megasession, then I almost always shave the patient.

I hope that answers your question.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Dr. Gabel's Website

MattyNJ1: I evaluate each case individually. There are some patients that I can do more grafts without shaving depending upon how difficult or how much time it will take. I don't want to sacrifice the survivability of the grafts with any case if it takes to long to plant the grafts. Even through we use specialized solutions to store the grafts, I still like to have them planted in a timely fashion. Also, if I am doing a large megasession, then I almost always shave the patient.

I hope that answers your question.

Completely understandable...Looking forward to my HT with you in the up coming weeks!

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable