how often do fin users experience 0 sides?

sportsfan12

Possibly I'm not a long term user (about 4 months) but can say that I haven't had any sides. Have you started taking fin?

I have a second derm appt tomorrow- I met with a derm 2 weeks ago who was willing to write the script but just for the sake of reassurance I'm meeting with another (didn't want to just jump on it right when the first person would write me it).

I've been thinning for 2 years and it's getting worse so I think it's time to pull the trigger. Thinking about starting with .5 mg/day to let the body adjust

I have a second derm appt tomorrow- I met with a derm 2 weeks ago who was willing to write the script but just for the sake of reassurance I'm meeting with another (didn't want to just jump on it right when the first person would write me it).

I've been thinning for 2 years and it's getting worse so I think it's time to pull the trigger. Thinking about starting with .5 mg/day to let the body adjust

Very mature of you at least trying & taking a small dose 3 times a wk would be a good start & if things work out for you, with no sides effects then stick with it as you be happy you did 10yrs from now & who knows there could be a better drug or advances for MPB in that time.

Myself like the OP haven't been on Fin long proberly same time 4 mths & nothing really major, I do notice sometimes morning wood is not there & urine flow is a lot better like a hose pipe but that's all what's going on with me but this all this lately has settled down so maybe my body have started to adjusted.

Haven't notice any loss or gains using this but to early to say for me as rule of thumb is wait 12mths & go from them there.

Keep us posted & also maybe a good idea if you start taking Fin is to take pictures say once every 2 mths that would give you a good idea of how effective

Best wishes.

Been on Fin almost a year now. Not really experienced any sides - well not enough for me to quit using. I do feel fatigued more often but that could been down to a variety of factors including 3 children and age!!

Possibly I'm not a long term user (about 4 months) but can say that I haven't had any sides. Have you started taking fin?

lol, 4 months isn't long time.

I've been on and off since late 2011. I suffered massively with side effects, everything you could think of. I stopped taking the generic stuff, and after a few months deciding, i jumped on to the branded stuff (Proscar, cut in 5ths to 1mg). I slowly built up my dosage over a few months, but I'm now on 1mg a day, and I can safely say I have no noticeable side effects.

For what it's worth, if you're sceptical (Hell, I've always been sceptical!) I got my girlfriend pregnant a month ago, even though she had some sort of contraceptive implant.

If anybody who is suffering wants to ask me some questions, feel free to email me. I've been there myself and have nothing but sympathy and support for you

• 1 month later...
17 years on Fin, no sides

1 mg since 1998, 5mg/ day since 2011.

Wow 17 years and no sides? You must be one of the longest users of Fin (more importantly without sides).

1. Have you been able to maintain your hair/regrowth?

2. Which brand of Fin and Minoxidl you are using?

It would be helpful if you answer my questions, as i am trying to start with the meds myself.

Thanks

14 months on fin, no sides other than some ball ache at first(which could be because I slipped and fell in work)

17 years on Fin, no sides

1 mg since 1998, 5mg/ day since 2011.

Have you experienced much shedding through out the years?

Wow 17 years and no sides? You must be one of the longest users of Fin (more importantly without sides).

1. Have you been able to maintain your hair/regrowth?

2. Which brand of Fin and Minoxidl you are using?

It would be helpful if you answer my questions, as i am trying to start with the meds myself.

Thanks

Have you experienced much shedding through out the years?

I have more hair today than when I had my last HT done in 2006............2000 grafts total since 1999.

I currently use Teva generic finasteride and also use Kirkland foam once a day and Rogaine Foam once a day.

I have had growth hairline to crown so I use Foam over my entire head, 2 cans per month.

I used real brand name Propecia for the first 5 years.

Don't forget I have been using 5 mg/day for over 3 years..............still no sides

Used Nizoral 2% for years and noticed no hair loss when I stopped

I have more hair today than when I had my last HT done in 2006............2000 grafts total since 1999.

I currently use Teva generic finasteride and also use Kirkland foam once a day and Rogaine Foam once a day.

I have had growth hairline to crown so I use Foam over my entire head, 2 cans per month.

I used real brand name Propecia for the first 5 years.

Don't forget I have been using 5 mg/day for over 3 years..............still no sides

Used Nizoral 2% for years and noticed no hair loss when I stopped

@Profoam. Thanks for your response. That is useful.

Could you look into the pics in my profile and from your experience tell if my situation would improve with meds (Propecia + Min). (I guess i am looking for a push to start the meds at the earliest. So i keep asking this question to everyone:))

Thanks a lot.

Could you look into the pics in my profile and from your experience tell if my situation would improve with meds (Propecia + Min). (I guess i am looking for a push to start the meds at the earliest. So i keep asking this question to everyone:))

Thanks a lot.

I think starting early is everything with meds. I wish I did when I first noticed my hairloss but I waited nearly 4 years and lost a lot of ground.

Thanks a lot.

Nobody is going to be able to tell you how or even if the meds will work.

How old are you ?

I think starting early is everything with meds. I wish I did when I first noticed my hairloss but I waited nearly 4 years and lost a lot of ground.

Yes i understand. I am planning to start with Fin soon. I hope it helps me stabilize/grow my hair.

Btw i have seen your photos. You seem to have good hair and started the meds at the right time. Good luck.

I got Propecia shortly after it came out as I saw it on the news. The only people who could have been using Finasteride longer than me for hair loss are people who were cutting up Proscar pills or possibly using the full 5 mg Proscar pill which would have been pricey.

The internet wasn't that big in 1997 so I doubt there were many hair loss forums to find info about using Proscar for hair loss.

Hey, this is my first post.. I have been taking 1/4 of a pill of fin EOD for about 7 months, I know that's not long term but I have no sides up to now, when I first started it in Aug last year I was definitely more horny but I think that was probably due to being more confident and less stress just knowing I was finally doing something about my hair! I just wish I got on it a couple years ago but I'm hoping it will still help me!!!

Hey, this is my first post.. I have been taking 1/4 of a pill of fin EOD for about 7 months, I know that's not long term but I have no sides up to now, when I first started it in Aug last year I was definitely more horny but I think that was probably due to being more confident and less stress just knowing I was finally doing something about my hair! I just wish I got on it a couple years ago but I'm hoping it will still help me!!!

What do you mean by 1/4 of a pill of fin EOD?

I've been on fin for a year and a half with no sides..I do remember those first few days it was all that was on my mind and at times I felt off so I did all I could to relax and not think about it,there's billions of people with different beliefs and I always found it weird in clinical studies some of those taking a placebo suffered sides so I did want it to be in all in my head.ive had a physical recently and dr said my liver wasn't bei affected Wich I didn't even think of but yea definitely keep in touch with your dr about it if any concerns good luck

5 years to the month, no sides.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

5 years to the month, no sides.

Wow, good to know you have been using it for 5 years without sides (hopeully some success regarding aswell:)

By the way thank you all for the responses guys. Since yesterday i have started taking 1mg fin (generic one) every other day (to begin with). Let us see how my body puts up with it and i am hoping for the best with regards to the hair.

Wow, good to know you have been using it for 5 years without sides (hopeully some success regarding aswell:)

By the way thank you all for the responses guys. Since yesterday i have started taking 1mg fin (generic one) every other day (to begin with). Let us see how my body puts up with it and i am hoping for the best with regards to the hair.

Good luck bro

• 2 months later...

Any updates srik? How do you feel?

• 2 weeks later...

@Uk86

Thanks bro.

@RanDave

I have been taking the 1mg Generic fin for about 3 months.

The first month: I have followed a Monday-Wednesday-Friday regime.

The next 1.5 months i think i have been taking it on all week days (5 days a week).

It is hard to say if i am seeing any difference. I am inclined to say i dont see any improvement as of today. I am continuing to lose hair probably at the same pace as earlier when i was not using medication.

Should i continue using it? what do you guys say? I thought in about 3 months i will be seeing some change (atleast decrease in the loss of hair)