New to forum

spyk777

Hi all,

Needed some advice. 37 y/o Norwood 4. I have been researching for the past few weeks and have become more confused than ever. So far I know I would be opting for FUE.

Looking for a HT surgeon (in the US)- when everyone says one surgeon is good, you flip the page and someone swears he/ she is OK and recommends a new set of names.

All HT surgeon's website claims they are the best and has developed a new technique with their name.

To add to this, all forums advice to do your own research....my research is leading me in circles :(

I dont know where to start. Some of my choices based on website and before and after pictures which looked promising.

1, Dr. Baubac @ alviarmani

2, Dr. Feller@ fellermedical

Can someone help me out...what do you think of the above surgeons. Can anyone suggest how to make a decision with all the plethora of HT docs!!

Thanks in advance.

Suggestion will be much appreciated.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Hello spy.

You need to do a lot more researching a ht is something each of us needs to study.

Educate yourself in ht dont just go with a doc because one or twenty people say they are good.

You can get away with very little research but if you end up in a dilemma it has been YOUR actions that caused it.

First off are you on meds?

If not get on them and research then you know what you are doing.

Ask as many questions as you like most people are here to help.

A person who does not ask to know a answer to questions they dont know the answer to but require the answer is a idiot.

You are obviously not a idiot as you asked for answers to questions you dont know the answer to.

You need to do lots and lots of research and some more..Read read read.

There's no rush only fools rush in.

When your ready to make your decision I wish you the best of luck but you will need far less luck if you make a educated decision rather than a guess.

You have a good day

FYI, Alvi Armani is no longer respected on the forums, and nobody will encourage you to go to their clinic, Feller is well known and respected. However, I believe he should be the starting point for your research. Spend some time on the forums, and you will know who the good ones are.

Hello spy.

You need to do a lot more researching a ht is something each of us needs to study.

Educate yourself in ht dont just go with a doc because one or twenty people say they are good.

You can get away with very little research but if you end up in a dilemma it has been YOUR actions that caused it.

First off are you on meds?

If not get on them and research then you know what you are doing.

Ask as many questions as you like most people are here to help.

A person who does not ask to know a answer to questions they dont know the answer to but require the answer is a idiot.

You are obviously not a idiot as you asked for answers to questions you dont know the answer to.

You need to do lots and lots of research and some more..Read read read.

There's no rush only fools rush in.

When your ready to make your decision I wish you the best of luck but you will need far less luck if you make a educated decision rather than a guess.

You have a good day

Beautiful explanation!!

Nothing more to say

Thank you all your replies. Much appreciated, I am researching the best that I can. I have also looked at current trials and evidence based recommendations. I am on Minoxidil and Finasteride x 3 months. It has definetely stopped the hair loss but I dont appreciate any new growth.

1, I have concluded that if you want to make a real difference then HT is the way to go. Medications are good I guess in regrowth early stages and variable stablization in the advanced. There are only 2 evidence based approved medications - minoxidil and finasteride (dutasteride being potent cousin). Rest is ancedotal or case reports.

2, FUE vs FUS - pros and cons between either - I do not want the linear scar and risk numbness etc and option of keeping hair short - so I feel FUE is good for me.

3, Now coming to the hair surgeons - this is where it becomes tricky - whom to choose from - not easy because you have several of them and all claim they are the best. I feel all use similar techniques, but it is artistery that makes the difference and ofcourse cost efficiency. I have to make a decision this year preferably in the next few months. I know I am geographically restricted to the US. So now I am in that phase.

Can someone advice me on - can we believe all the before and after photos posted on the websites.

Can someone give me the list of who they feel are the top 5 surgeons in the US; so this could be a working ground for me. I have contacted the 3 people I mentioned earlier already

Can someone provide more info on why Alvi Armani has fallen from grace ...

Fischer, Arocha, Bauman are new names I have found ... let me go after them now

I've always been a fan of the Shapiro's.

Why not look outside the states as in most peoples opinions the best fue surgery is either in Europe or Turkey.

They are better and way way cheaper.

You might kick yourself for limiting your choice later on.

Have a good day and keep on researching its going to pay dividends in the end.