Headache from finasteride

johnny2000

Has anybody gotten headaches from bring on finasteride ?

Maybe specielly morning headaches.

I have taken finasteride for 3-4 years but the last year or so i have morning headaches when i sleep more than 8 hours.

But lately my headaches occurs more often even if i have slept only 6-7 or 8 hours.

I am Also always feeling tired nomatter if i have slept 6 or 12 hours or somewhere in between.

I have been to the doctor who told me to come back after i finish with a couple of session with a chiropraktor but it has not helped anything.

I was just wondering if anyone have it like me? And if maybe it is caused by finasteride.

4 years back before i started finasteride i didnt have headaches so often, maybe only 1 time a Month. But now it is more like 10 times a month ?

Hope anyone Can help

I had mild headaches every day for the first 4-6 weeks that I took fin. The amount of sleep didn't seem to matter. They went away and I have not had any in the last 5-6 weeks. I have not taken it nearly as long as you.

Where was your headache primarily? And was it like a presure headache or sharp headache?

Try taking vitamin D supplements. To my surprise it made a big difference and searching the net I found other similar experiences (Fin + vit D).

Failing that, maybe consider taking it less often. 2 or 3 times a week.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

It was definitely a dull, throbbing headache. Not sharp. It did subside also after I started a regiment of multivitamin and biotin at week 6. Not sure if they were related, but I agree with 1978Matt that maybe a supplement such as vitamin D or multivitamin could help.

Try taking vitamin D supplements. To my surprise it made a big difference and searching the net I found other similar experiences (Fin + vit D).

Failing that, maybe consider taking it less often. 2 or 3 times a week.

Any special vitamin D?

As far as i know there are different kind of vitamin D.

Any special vitamin D?

As far as i know there are different kind of vitamin D.

Vitamin D3

Do you have a link to some online?

I tried Google search but in my country it looks like there is just vitamin D. Not vitaminD1, 2 and so on

If it's just labelled 'Vitamin D' it is almost definitely D3. D3's the most common but you can check the label in health food shops etc, and it should hopefully confirm it on the back.

GIt may not be the Fin , after all you been on it for sometime.

Supplements such as Biotin, MSN blah blah can be the cause but they are good for you.

Like other member said take Vit D3 but make a change to you times of taking like take prior before going to bed this may help you as it did me when I was in same boat as yourself.

Also on a side note....

Have your eyes tested & also look into what sort of foods your eating this could be a factor also.

Good luck

If your headaches do not subside or get worse, then I strongly advise that you get an MRI. I don't intend to alarm you, but morning headaches which lessen or disappear in the early afternoon could be a symptom of something more serious which may not be related to finasteride use at all.

Then again, it may be nothing at all, but better safe than sorry.

All the best.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

I tried chaneing the time im taking my finasteride but that dosnt help.

I will def. Buy some Vitamin D and start taking that.

I Will ask my doctor for a scan, because i am very nervous about it and i am Also very tired all the time , no matter how Many hours i sleep.

• 2 years later...
If your headaches do not subside or get worse, then I strongly advise that you get an MRI. I don't intend to alarm you, but morning headaches which lessen or disappear in the early afternoon could be a symptom of something more serious which may not be related to finasteride use at all.

Then again, it may be nothing at all, but better safe than sorry.

All the best.

If you read the OP's message the headaches were in relation to using Finasteride and Headaches and not Headaches by itself which is a cause of concern so please in the future read before writing.